News Monorail Red in motion with guests on board and doors open

P_Radden

What would cause this to happen? If the controls for the doors are on the exterior of the front cabs, they couldn't accidently be operated while in motion, so I guess this is some sort of mechanical malfunction? Wouldn't there be fail safes to prevent this exact senario from happening though?

Monorail Lime

What would cause this to happen? If the controls for the doors are on the exterior of the front cabs, they couldn't accidently be operated while in motion, so I guess this is some sort of mechanical malfunction? Wouldn't there be fail safes to prevent this exact senario from happening though?
Yes, the door opening should have triggered a door alert and an automatic stop. The driver would then be required to engage the door override to get the monorail moving again at a greatly limited speed.

Guests putting weight against the door to break the seal is sufficient to trigger the alert without the door actually opening. Hence the “please stand clear of the doors.”

So for the door to open in motion without triggering the alert means that something was really, really broken.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It's bad, real bad, however, "having a panic attack" ?? Is she afraid of being sucked out the doors? The lady sitting across the way seems fine just holding the hand rail as she should and not filming like a goof.
That's not a hand rail -- it's the pivot bar for the door. Fortunately, with the door open, should she be holding it when it closed, her arm would be torqued into the car, not out of it.

But at least she got a good breeze during the ride -- hope it wasn't too cold for her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom