News Monorail Red in motion with guests on board and doors open

donsullivan

Premium Member
According to a user on Twitter, the gates still haven’t been fixed.

Based on reports from a friend who is there now, monorails have gone completely haywire today. he started by dealing with the gates issue on Express route when leaving MK. Then when they finally got on and headed out, the train stopped near Poly. They were told there was a power issue of some sort at TTC. Eventually they backed the train all the way back to MK on the Express loop (going past Grand Flo, etc.). They had to disembark the monorail at that time and take the ferry to get to TTC. It took him a total of 2 hours from MK to his car at TTC parking.

Another report a couple of minutes ago says no monorail service on Epcot loop at all, which would be consistent with reports of a power issue at TTC happening right now.

Both of these are reports from people I know IRL who are not prone to hyperbole in these things.

Last edited:

msg7

Based on reports from a friend who is there now, monorails have going completely haywire today. he started by dealing with the gates issue on Express route when leaving MK. Then when they finally got on and headed out, the train stopped near Poly. They were told there was a power issue of some sort at TTC. Eventually then backed the train all the way back to MK on the Express loop (going past Grand Flo, etc.). They had to disembark the monorail at that time and take the ferry to get to TTC. It took him a total of 2 hours from MK to his car at TTC parking.

Another report a couple of minutes ago says no monorail service on Epcot loop at all, which would be consistent with reports of a power issue at TTC happening right now.

Both of these are reports from people I know IRL who are not prone to hyperbole in these things.
New Report: Both the Epcot and Express loops are not in operation currently. The Epcot line is down close to, if not more than the time that it is up and running.

Last edited:

Rteetz

The Disney News Show on Youtube reported that Disney had reached out to several monorail manufacturers - sans Siemens - about potential new monorail trains to replace the existing fleet. Now, on the contraire, the only two manufacturers of straddle-beam, Alweg Style, Monorail rolling stock from what we know is Bombardier and Hitachi. With that said this would appear a two person race as I do not think anyone else manufacturers Alweg style monorails.

It is also possible that the new trains could be built in the United States, per Federal "Buy America" regulations.

I know of one company for sure that they have had meetings with. That company is not Hitachi or Bombardier.

WDWVolFan

They will re-route it to Adventure Land and call it a new Disney Adventure.
"Get your adrenaline pumping as you head to Adventure Land in an open Monorail!"

GCTales

What I don't understand is (And im not trying to diss on people who stay there) why connect hotels like Pop century/Art of animation directly to parks with this brand new transportation system. CONNECT EPCOT AND AK! CONNECT IT TO THE TTC!

The people staying at hotels around the TTC, Beach/Yacht/Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom lodge are paying a very expensive premium compared to hotels like Pop century, and connecting it park to park and TTC would help the entire WDW resort out.

There have been multiple, reliable reports from insiders that Disney will begin moving away from the Deluxe, Moderate, and Value model of hotel pricing categories and towards a proximity / access / special access model of pricing hotel rooms.

Given that POP and AoA are some of the latest resorts on property, with this model and the addition of the "special" transport mode (gondolas), they expect to increase prices for these resorts. The monorail loop resorts will also fall into that pricing scheme.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I see you don’t understand how these gates work...

Comment was directed at attitudes from average manangers when systems are automated. Managers think need for maintenance magically goes away when you connect a computer to something.

I know Disney's gates run on compressed air yet pneumatic actuators also have a fixed operating life.

In the case of an overload no they dont burn out, they blow the seals and then actuator needs replacement.

Bender123

Thats what happens when you cut back on maintenance things wear out a lot faster

With the complete lack of budget for repairs in the last year of GMR and Ellen, it shows how fast things that work 18 hours a day, every day can break down. Ellen was running a weird broken 4 pack configuration for weeks, with one car just dumped in the second theater area (post dinos). GMR was missing the front trains regularly for 2017 before closing and the mode b was also nonfunctional, creating situations where your cars didn't even pull up to the witch in Oz, making a rather funny scene of the witch screaming and pointing at a large open area...

I know...these rides were closing shortly, but the show was awful. It made the rides feel cheap and lazy.

That doesn't even get into the issues with the monorails, constant breakdowns of rides and other issues. I am sure that WDW still puts a lot of time and money into safety, but it obviously isn't into being proactive or obsessed with show quality as it once was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom