Monorail Pics.....

KAE2008

I'm a newbie here, although I've been lurking for a while.
I enjoyed all the great photos I've seen on this thread and I'd like to share one that I took back in 2008 during my first trip. I hope you don't mind. It's always been one of my favorites. I even used it for my avatar.
I'm going back in 6 days. I can't wait! :sohappy:

MonorailCot.jpg

c-one

Great shot, nice work!

I don't mean to diminish the fatal accident, but I will admit that it makes me sad that we'll never see pink cruising the rails again. Was one of my favorite train colors.

KAE2008

Great shot, nice work!

I don't mean to diminish the fatal accident, but I will admit that it makes me sad that we'll never see pink cruising the rails again. Was one of my favorite train colors.

Yeah, I was a little worried about that. I never really paid much attention to the color of the monorail until I was going though all my photos recently. I was sad once I realized it. I thought of Photoshopping it to be Red, but that seemed wrong as well. I still like the photo - but the feeling has changed a bit.
Again, I hope you all don't mind me posting it.

peachykeen

Yeah, I was a little worried about that. I never really paid much attention to the color of the monorail until I was going though all my photos recently. I was sad once I realized it. I thought of Photoshopping it to be Red, but that seemed wrong as well. I still like the photo - but the feeling has changed a bit.
Again, I hope you all don't mind me posting it.

Not at all. Like I said a few posts ago, it was my absolute favorite color. Even from when I was a little kid, the "hot pink one" always stood out to me. It looked so different from all the others. I also will miss seeing it. It was such a vivid memory from my childhood, seeing that color pulling into the Concourse station and getting in the front cab and smelling that classic Monorail smell. :(

nace888

I miss Pink as well. However, it opened opportunity for 2 new colors. Teal to me is ABSOLUTELY beautiful. Peach is growing on me though. Out of curiousity, could Austin have bailed the cab?

hpyhnt 1000

I miss Pink as well. However, it opened opportunity for 2 new colors. Teal to me is ABSOLUTELY beautiful. Peach is growing on me though. Out of curiousity, could Austin have bailed the cab?

In theory, yes, though depending on where the initial crash exactly was, he may have faced a significant drop to the ground. And anyway, in that kind of situation, the mind doesn't work fast enough to even think about such an action. I'm sure his first instinct was to try to back his train out of the way, not to bail out of the cab.

peachykeen

In theory, yes, though depending on where the initial crash exactly was, he may have faced a significant drop to the ground. And anyway, in that kind of situation, the mind doesn't work fast enough to even think about such an action. I'm sure his first instinct was to try to back his train out of the way, not to bail out of the cab.

Yep. Before that night, bailing out of a train with Guests onboard was probably the furthest thought on your mind. He did everything he could to avoid the collision.

Now back to the pictures :)

nace888

Yep. Before that night, bailing out of a train with Guests onboard was probably the furthest thought on your mind. He did everything he could to avoid the collision.

Now back to the pictures :)

You actually have a good point... Although, I heard it happened IN the TTC Station...

But yes, back to the pictures!!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Those are the only ones that were really out. Blue and Yellow at SOME points but I noticed that as well a few days in. A lot of the shots are from the same exact "ride" if you will. Just took a bunch of shots of it.

nace888

Those are the only ones that were really out. Blue and Yellow at SOME points but I noticed that as well a few days in. A lot of the shots are from the same exact "ride" if you will. Just took a bunch of shots of it.

It's alright. I like them nonetheless!

The Empress Lilly

I'm a newbie here, although I've been lurking for a while.
I enjoyed all the great photos I've seen on this thread and I'd like to share one that I took back in 2008 during my first trip. I hope you don't mind. It's always been one of my favorites. I even used it for my avatar.
I'm going back in 6 days. I can't wait! :sohappy:

MonorailCot.jpg
I love this picture! So very colourful. Pink, yellow, red, blue. Great reflection too. Aaahh...timeless EPCOT...so very beautiful.

Pity indeed about this pink monorail, it looks great.

Have fun on your trip, say hello to SSE from me! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom