Monorail Peach will be added to the fleet at Walt Disney World this fall

nace888

Not to disrespect, but in the light Peach looks nothing like Gold to me... When I see pictures of Gold, it looks like GOLD... Although, from a distance, I could see the issue... I see Gold as like an old old yellow, and Peach as a faded orange... Although, Peach could use a dash of coral in the mix...

s8film40

Not to disrespect, but in the light Peach looks nothing like Gold to me... When I see pictures of Gold, it looks like GOLD... Although, from a distance, I could see the issue... I see Gold as like an old old yellow, and Peach as a faded orange... Although, Peach could use a dash of coral in the mix...

I thought the same thing but when I saw it today the sun was hitting it and it did remind me of Gold.

nace888

Will this awesome new monorail have the old WDW logo on it?

Monorail_Red is correct. It is not a NEW train... The only thing new about this train is
A) A new colored stripe
B) Brand New Cabs
C) Some rumored new technology (believe it when I see it)
D) Everything in both cabs is new

Cars 1-6 (notice I said Cars and not CABS) are remains from Pink and Purple, but refurbished, and checked over to correct specifications...

Is Peach done painting yet??

Monorail_Red

C) Some rumored new technology (believe it when I see it)
I would like to know where you got that information. Obviousley everything in the cabs will be new but there will be no new major technology in Peach than the rest of the fleet.

Cars 1-6 (notice I said Cars and not CABS) are remains from Pink and Purple, but refurbished, and checked over to correct specifications...
What specifications are you referring to?

Monorail_Red

nace888

I would like to know where you got that information. Obviousley everything in the cabs will be new but there will be no new major technology in Peach than the rest of the fleet.

What specifications are you referring to?

Monorail_Red

First part was a rumor I had heard, but I let it slip through one ear and out the other.
Second part being support, size, when I say specifications, I mean check over and make sure the cars are good, hard for me to explain, I'm weird like that...

rudyjr13

Talked to a CM today while waiting on platform for Epcot monorail. She said she didn't know when they would bring Peach out. I said I heard Saturday for the 40th and she said she usually gets her info from guests! Crazy. She also said she saw Peach leaving work one day sticking out of the shop and did not think it looked like the color peach and seemed to dislike the color choice. She also told me a story about Coral having the Tron wrap and how the wrap covered her view of the emergency exits from the cab.

wdw71fan

Talked to a CM today while waiting on platform for Epcot monorail. She said she didn't know when they would bring Peach out. I said I heard Saturday for the 40th and she said she usually gets her info from guests! Crazy. She also said she saw Peach leaving work one day sticking out of the shop and did not think it looked like the color peach and seemed to dislike the color choice. She also told me a story about Coral having the Tron wrap and how the wrap covered her view of the emergency exits from the cab.

Translation: You talked to an idiot.

Peach will be out on Saturday.. The color IS by definition Peach, and the emergency exits on the cabs were never obscured on Coral (tronorail)..

Verdict:Full of crap CM was full of crap at you.

rudyjr13

Translation: You talked to an idiot.

Peach will be out on Saturday.. The color IS by definition Peach, and the emergency exits on the cabs were never obscured on Coral (tronorail)..

Verdict:Full of crap CM was full of crap at you.

I should have gotten her name and hometown so you could tell her yourself. Do you work for Disney?

rudyjr13

I never had an issue viewing the hatches from either cab of Coral while it had the TRON skin on it.

Monorail_Red

She seemed to indicate that it happened on the first trip it took around the loop and that she drove it out of the shop. I'm sure you can verify who actually did that. This woman was older, I'd say early 50s, from Florida.

Monorail_Red

Could have been some over spray (which was fixed) because the roofs were painted blue. I believe I know who you're talking about. And she is very credible.

Monorail_Red

wdw71fan

Could have been some over spray (which was fixed) because the roofs were painted blue. I believe I know who you're talking about. And she is very credible.

Monorail_Red

* This makes more sense.. I had interpreted the original post to mean that it was operated as such, which it wasn't... my mistake...

but I do still stand by my statement of "It is the color of peach by definition".. I didn't 'think' it was originally either, but after doing the research, it is...

Now, as to whether I LIKE the color.... Lets just say it needs to grown on me :)... still think it's going to be a struggle to differentiate between it and yellow at night..

rudyjr13

Thanks for the confirmation Red. Sorry I wasnt more clear in my post that it was when they took Coral out of the shop. I'm glad you confirmed the CM's credibility becausE she was super nice and fun to talk to. People on the boards are so quick to judge. It was around 1:30pm yesterday and she left us to go catch Silver when it pulled in. By the way, staying at the Grand and monorails have been great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom