Monorail Peach will be added to the fleet at Walt Disney World this fall

nace888

Is there still no Deltas on Peach? Even though Coral has them, you can most definitely differentiate Coral and Peach...

wdw71fan

This was also your mistake:

rudyjr13 talked to a very credible and highly regarded Cast Member. And it is true that a lot of times Monorail CM's only find about department changes through the news. Like last year when they decided to have 2 Central Leads on duty at all times, we only found out about that through the news media.

yes you are right, and I apologize for that one..

wdw71fan

Thanks for the confirmation Red. Sorry I wasnt more clear in my post that it was when they took Coral out of the shop. I'm glad you confirmed the CM's credibility becausE she was super nice and fun to talk to. People on the boards are so quick to judge. It was around 1:30pm yesterday and she left us to go catch Silver when it pulled in. By the way, staying at the Grand and monorails have been great.

while i may have been overly critical, don't blame me because your post wasn't clear.

peachykeen

All of Peach was sitting outside of Shop today and in the bright sunlight. The color is slowly starting to grow on me, still not my favorite, but it isn't terrible. It's kind of like how "Teal" isn't really teal, "Peach" isn't really peach. The difference is, Teal is my favorite train color.

It will still be very easy to confuse is with Gold at night though, which I do not like.

Clamman73

It will still be very easy to confuse is with Gold at night though, which I do not like.

They seem to be having Silver and Gold on the Epcot line, so they shouldn't be getting confused when Peach is in operation. Maybe they'll do a Peach and Teal on the Epcot line at some point.

Monorail_Red

They seem to be having Silver and Gold on the Epcot line, so they shouldn't be getting confused when Peach is in operation. Maybe they'll do a Peach and Teal on the Epcot line at some point.

The beam a train falls on is based on which trains go to shop and which are stay-outs, so it can be mostly random (they know what trains MUST return to shop that night. In fact one time somehow Coral with the TRON skin ran Resorts for a day based on how the stay-outs were scheduled)...in other words they can't/won't keep Gold and Peach off the same beam because they won't play nice together with the pilots.

Monorail_Red

rudyjr13

Sitting at the GF boat dock watching the monorails go by enjoying a beautiful day. No sign of Peach yet on MK line. I've seen Yellow, Teal, Black, Red, Silver, Blue, and Lime. They seem to be backing each other up as I've seen a few stop halfway between GF and MK.

Admiral01

Premium Member
We spent the evening at the Magic Kingdom for the 40th, and also confirmed with some Monorail pilots that Peach was not out, and was not going to be in service for the next few weeks. One of the pilots I talked to very candidly said that he hoped it would be only another week, but in all reality it would likely be at least 2. And then he pressed the issue that the 11 monorails that ARE in service are doing a tremendous amount of work, doing all that WDW is asking of them, but needing a lot of maintenance in return, and that the 12th train is desperately needed to help rotate the other 11 through deep maintenance.

So, no Peach for the 40th. Or, as I like to say, EPCOT's 29th...

Tom

Beta Return
We spent the evening at the Magic Kingdom for the 40th, and also confirmed with some Monorail pilots that Peach was not out, and was not going to be in service for the next few weeks. One of the pilots I talked to very candidly said that he hoped it would be only another week, but in all reality it would likely be at least 2. And then he pressed the issue that the 11 monorails that ARE in service are doing a tremendous amount of work, doing all that WDW is asking of them, but needing a lot of maintenance in return, and that the 12th train is desperately needed to help rotate the other 11 through deep maintenance.

So, no Peach for the 40th. Or, as I like to say, EPCOT's 29th...

Thanks for the report. They definitely DO need to get her out and cycling.

nace888

Thanks for the report. They definitely DO need to get her out and cycling.

That's what I was saying before. They are so used to running 11 trains (they've done it for 2 years) that they can continue running 11, taking back a train for a week, and cycling them out and bringing in another for a week. They just need 3 months (depending on the maintenance needed) to cycle all of the trains through maintentance.

mgpan

Times this weekend?

And were they running more than an hour past the fireworks this weekend as some have stated was the latest they would run even for special separate ticket events?:brick:

deltalove

I know the monorails run later for special events, but when will the stop running on regular nights? Is it just an hour after the fireworks?

PyroKinesis

I've always wondered... when the monorails are painted for special occasions (like TRON recently) how do they tell the monorails apart then? Do they still keep some of the color somewhere?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom