Monorail Peach will be added to the fleet at Walt Disney World this fall

peachykeen

I've always wondered... when the monorails are painted for special occasions (like TRON recently) how do they tell the monorails apart then? Do they still keep some of the color somewhere?

Well as far as I can tell that is the only time a complete train has been covered where no portion of the colored stripe is visible at all. So basically, when you saw a completely "black" train coming towards you at night, you knew it was Coral. If anything, the wrap made it easier to know it was Coral, because it looked so unique at night as well as day. And it was always still OFFICIALLY "Monorail Coral" although you could hear it being called "Tronorail" at least once a day on the radio, usually at the end of the night.

PyroKinesis

Well as far as I can tell that is the only time a complete train has been covered where no portion of the colored stripe is visible at all. So basically, when you saw a completely "black" train coming towards you at night, you knew it was Coral. If anything, the wrap made it easier to know it was Coral, because it looked so unique at night as well as day. And it was always still OFFICIALLY "Monorail Coral" although you could hear it being called "Tronorail" at least once a day on the radio, usually at the end of the night.

Oh, it was only one train? The image I saw made me think it was two. My mistake.

Monorail_Red

I've always wondered... when the monorails are painted for special occasions (like TRON recently) how do they tell the monorails apart then? Do they still keep some of the color somewhere?

The TRON deal was the first time they ever did that (and hopefully the last, however I've been hearing otherwise) to a WDW Monorail. And there was only one train that they did this to. So when the Monorail with the light cycles came into view, it had to be Coral.

They only other thing they did to come close to the TRON wrap was when they did a (pixie vomit) wrap on cars 1 and 6 of each train a few years ago for the Year of a Million Dreams. Only one side of the car was wrapped, so only 1 car appeared to have the wrap from either side of the train. Even with that, the stripe was visible as it came around the cab doors.

40-500x375.jpg

Monorail_Red

nace888

The TRON deal was the first time they ever did that (and hopefully the last, however I've been hearing otherwise) to a WDW Monorail. And there was only one train that they did this to. So when the Monorail with the light cycles came into view, it had to be Coral.

They only other thing they did to come close to the TRON wrap was when they did a (pixie vomit) wrap on cars 1 and 6 of each train a few years ago for the Year of a Million Dreams. Only one side of the car was wrapped, so only 1 car appeared to have the wrap from either side of the train. Even with that, the stripe was visible as it came around the cab doors.

40-500x375.jpg

Monorail_Red

What do you mean? What are they thinking of now??

Monorail_Red

Supposedly this train is going to try to make an appearance on the 7th.
I say 3 laps before it goes back to shop! :D

What peachy said, sorry I read over your post...beat me to it

caseyluvsdisney

I have a stupid thought that I have wondered since Tronorail appeared. How did they pick Coral. I know it is stupid but I just wonder.

Back to your regular programming now

Monorail_Red

I have a stupid thought that I have wondered since Tronorail appeared. How did they pick Coral. I know it is stupid but I just wonder.
At the time Coral needed to be repainted. The folks at TRON paid for the wrap, and the agreement was that they would pay for it to be reverted back to normal. So Coral got a free paint job. Weather it was worth it or not is one thing, but it seemed like a good idea to them at the time. :shrug:

IMHO it was too demanding of one train to leave it Epcot only for a whole year or so. Caused too many (some small & some not) issues here and there. :brick:

Monorail_Red

caseyluvsdisney

At the time Coral needed to be repainted. The folks at TRON paid for the wrap, and the agreement was that they would pay for it to be reverted back to normal. So Coral got a free paint job. Weather it was worth it or not is one thing, but it seemed like a good idea to them at the time. :shrug:

IMHO it was too demanding of one train to leave it Epcot only for a whole year or so. Caused too many (some small & some not) issues here and there. :brick:

Monorail_Red

Thanks, I wasn't expecting an answer! I can see how it seemed like a good idea but it does seem like a lot of work on one train to be on the Epcot line a whole year

BalooChicago

I wonder if Tronorail lasted longer than they had planned - Did they assume Peach would come on line sooner to allow them to take down Corral for the repaint? (Obviously they bit the bullet and de-tronned Corral, but I wonder if that was always the plan, as they were two trains short during the repaint).

Monorail_Red

It's not uncommon for them to be 2 trains short this time of year. Last year at this time (if I remember correctly) Blue was down for a while. Silver was also out for a while in 2010, both for the re-wire.

Monorail_Red

nace888

WHAT THE HECK IS A PANDORAIL??? They better not make it look like a Panda. Pandas are cool, but no Panda trains!

nace888

Probably should have been called Pandorarail even though that word is harder to pronounce.

I would prefer a Pandororail/Pandorarail over Pandorail... I do not think they should do it in a full body wrap though... Although... An Avatarized Mark VI might look cool...

hpyhnt 1000

I would prefer a Pandororail/Pandorarail over Pandorail... I do not think they should do it in a full body wrap though... Although... An Avatarized Mark VI might look cool...

You know what would look really cool, besides having the full fleet of 12 trains unadorned and back in full operation? New Mark VIII trains.

peachykeen

Peach Joins the Fleet

Monorail Peach has officially passed all of it's testing, and is expected to officially join the fleet today. I would look for it on the beam if you are in the parks today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom