Monorail Accident

hardcard

New picture of RCID EMS/Fire working the scene.

3691016177_b69fa85cd7_o.jpg

maxime29

Premium Member
Most importantly, my condolences to the parties involved. Thankfully this did not happen during peak times where many more could have been injured or even killed.

I have not gotten a chance to read through the 35+ pages in this thread. I was under the impression that the monorail's computer system would have kept them at a distance and avoid a collision?

Ceekling

Thats like checking Boeing planes in regards to a Airbus crash

Without giving any credence as to whether an NTSB (or any other federal agency) investigation will happen, as an FAA employee I can say that yes, that sort of thing could happen in a crash investigation.

If it does come down to a procedure failure as some have alluded to, then I can see OSHA doing a review of both locations (WDW and DL).

brkgnews

Most importantly, my condolences to the parties involved. Thankfully this did not happen during peak times where many more could have been injured or even killed.

I have not gotten a chance to read through the 35+ pages in this thread. I was under the impression that the monorail's computer system would have kept them at a distance and avoid a collision?
Long story short... yes, but they can override it "legally" in order to do certain maneuvers which are entirely normal.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Its being speculated that as per-procedure, the maneuver that was being carried out allowed the computer system to disable the collision system. However, no confirmed facts have yet been released, so its all peculation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom