Monorail Accident

maggiegrace1

not true... I can see the entire facebook page and I am not his 'friend'....

and if that has changed, then someone close to him changed it..
Then you must have a friend that is in common with him..otherwise you get this...
Austin only shares certain information with everyone. To learn more about Austin,

Disney Daddy

I guess I am thinking a little differently than everyone else. Everyone keeps saying that they are glad that there wasn't anyone riding up front with Austin because that would have meant more deaths.

I actually wish there were people riding with Austin at the time! I can't help but think that this all happened because Austin fell asleep, blacked out, had some sort of health issue, etc. Whatever the cause, I think if there had been someone riding with him, they could have stopped the train and this accident would never had happened. If the poor guy fell asleep because he was tired from working a lot of hours; maybe the conversation from the passengers riding with him would have kept him awake.

I don't know, maybe I am wrong. If the average Joe looked at the controls of the monorail, I am sure there has to be a big red button or something clearly marked "STOP". I just really wish he had someone else in the car with him then he would be still alive to continue doing what I bet he truly loved to do.

Regardless, RIP Austin!!!! Tell Jesus I said, "Hello"!!!!!

JustInTime

Then you must have a friend that is in common with him..otherwise you get this...
Austin only shares certain information with everyone. To learn more about Austin
I thought we were not posting his page anymore?? And stop being so defensive and mean. Nobody is trying to fight with you. This is about a person who lost a life, not about you. And btw, I can read.

HMF

This bickering is pointless. What we need to do is have a serious discussion about this. There is no Paul Pressler figure in this case. This is obviously an important matter and we should not be arguing over it.

Captain Chaos

Horrible and sad news indeed... Not news I wanted to wake up to this morning.. Prayers out to the family and friends of the monorail pilot who lost his life...

Or the other way around, purple backing into pink?

As far as the video goes:

We (admins. and moderators) at WDWMagic have decided that we don't want the post-crash video posted here. It IS out there in many places if you want to see it.

It is my opinion that if the video could be helpful to the proper authorities then it should have been forwarded to them instead of posted on the internet. :shrug:

I hope that our decision can be respected even by those of you who don't agree with it. Thank you.

I am glad the mods decided not to post the video... I find it very disturbing... Knowing there is a deceased pilot right ther in front of guests, and people knocking on the cabin door trying to get a response is saddening.. However, it is nice to see that some people care enough to try to help out... Those people who looked like they were trying to assist those on the monorail could have just stood there in a state of shock.. Glad they had the fortitude to be able to help.. I know I probably would have stood there shocked more than anything... And, also, let me point out about this site: I was banned this afternoon for a week from another Disney fan site for requesting the video be taken down, especially since that site does not allow us to post videos of our vacations.. Yet, they will post video of this mangled monorail with a deceased cast member... I think I will be avoiding that site for now on..

I don't agree with this at all. There's no reason to put the kid's facebook on here.

I hate the internet sometimes.:brick:

It isn't the internet that is the problem, it is the people who use it.. :)

I am sorry if I offended anyone.

It is ok... Just understand that some people here knew the pilot...

I agree. While I respect the mods decision and feel very sad for the family I must say this has got to be one of the most oversensitive forums I have ever been on.

Nobody is making inappropriate jokes, nobody is filming a dead body, and yet people here are freaking out over nonissues. Go on any other Disney website and you don't have people whining like they are over here. Its sad and ironic that even though we celebrated our nations Independence Day just a few short hours ago we don't actually have freedom of speech in this country.

Condumdrum, free speech only does go so far... A moderator or a web site owner can limit what they want on their site... and in this case, they do not want the video posted.. And I agree... Like I said above, I requested the video be removed from another site since we cannot post our videos of our GOOD times at Disney, but they can go and post a video of an accident that mangled a monorail train, that allows the viewer to hear a child or maybe several children screaming and crying in the background, and one that shows the cockpit of this mangled monorail in which a person was just killed... Double standard on that other site??? No, not LP by the way....

janoimagine

Its sad and ironic that even though we celebrated our nations Independence Day just a few short hours ago we don't actually have freedom of speech in this country.

We all have freedom of speech, freedom of the press, ect. However, I do not feel people are being overly sensitive, people are being respectful. It's something people need to practice more of, myself included.

maggiegrace1

Austin only shares certain information with everyone. To learn more about Austin
I thought we were not posting his page?? And stop being so defensive and mean. Nobody is trying to fight with you. This is about a person who lost a life, not about you.

I edited..did not realize it linked it..my bad..

and it is not about me..I just said to the other person..whoever he is that his page was private and strangers could not post..you said I said it was bad..I corrected you and said I did not say that...

No one is being mean..you rolled your eyes at me and lol...

:shrug:

ILOVEDISNEY

My condolences to his family and friends. Thank God the trains were basically empty, or there could have been a much larger tragedy.

Why does Disney allow a 21-year-old to operate a monorail? The WDW bus drivers have to have a CDL, a physical exam, and many years of driving experience I assume. I assume the boat captains must also have many years of experience and proper training. The same goes for the train engineers.

What are the requirements for a monorail driver? Whatever they are, I think Disney is negligent and I hope they are sued for millions by his family.

SirGoofy

Why does Disney allow a 21-year-old to operate a monorail train? The WDW bus drivers have to have a CDL, a physical exam, and many years of driving experience I assume. What are the requirements for a monorail driver? Whatever they are, I think Disney dropped the ball and I hope they are sued for millions by his family.

:rolleyes:

Most of the monorail pilots I know are in the 18-22 year range. They are rigorously trained, and monorail pilot is the hardest certification to receive. If he got it, he was a fine pilot.

JustInTime

I edited..did not realize it linked it..my bad..

and it is not about me..I just said to the other person..whoever he is that his page was private and strangers could not post..you said I said it was bad..I corrected you and said I did not say that...

No one is being mean..you rolled your eyes at me and lol...

:shrug:

I put emoticons because thay are cute. I really have no clue what they mean.

Captain Chaos

Pi$$ off Conundrum. I'm tired of you. You come into this thread rabbling on already wanting to blame Disney's maintenance, and then you yell at the CM for blacking a view of someone who was trying to get as much of the carnage on film as possible, and now you're going off on a freedom of speech tangent? Give me a break, and get off these boards. I'm tired of your constant negativity. Someone died here, and all you want to do is point fingers.

I'll probably get in trouble for this post, but I honestly don't care.

Goof, don't worry about getting in trouble.. After all, I got banned from another site for calling out the owner of that site.. I give the mods here great respect in the fact that they allow us a lot of leeway with our posts...

This bickering is pointless. What we need to do is have a serious discussion about this. This is obviously an important matter and we should not be arguing over it.

The bickering is pointless... That will only get this thread shut down... Please lets's not fight over this tragic accident...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom