Monorail Accident

JustInTime

A friend of mine passed and people wanted to wish his family well. His facebook was the only way for the mass public to do it. It became a memorial of sorts. I hope something similar can happen with this case. I didn't mean any harm. Just wanted him to be remembered.

HMF

I don't agree with this at all. There's no reason to put the kid's facebook on here.

I hate the internet sometimes.:brick:
I was going to condemn that too but I did not have the heart to. I really find it disturbing also that the Florida news had to do a segment on TWITTTER"S REACTION.:shrug:

tigsmom

I found his facebook. Very heartbreaking. it looks like his picture was taken ON the monorail. Such a sad day.

It was already requested that this not be linked here, could you please remove this. Thanks

Also, could the link be removed from the quoted post as well

SirGoofy

A friend of mine passed and people wanted to wish his family well. His facebook was the only way for the mass public to do it. It became a memorial of sorts. I hope something similar can happen with this case. I didn't mean any harm. Just wanted him to be remembered.

I personally don't see a reason for complete and utter strangers to be posting on his facebook. I know if someone I knew passed away, I wouldn't want some stranger posting on his/her's facebook.

hardcard

Well theres only 2 possible scenarios:

1-Pink crashed into purple

2-Purple went in reverse and crashed into pink

Pink would have reversed, not purple.

FYI, I passed by the TTC about 45 minutes ago... Observations:

Both trains are still at rest in the TTC as they were this morning... As of 3:25pm Eastern

There is black tarping hung on the inside of the station around the collision point..

Guests are being funneled across will call/ticketing and entering into the ferryboat side of the TTC ONLY.. no foottraffic anywhere near the monorail stations

Bus transportation is a madhouse at the TTC on the right side of the Epcot beam.. Not sure what transit is offered there, but you might assuming it's bussing from MK to Epcot..

The Monorail Shop Doors are all CLOSED which is quite a bizzare site.. I'm sure all 10 of the other beauties are there sleeping..

Security is EVERYWHERE .. There is a checkpoint with several security vehicles at the TTC Bus lot entrance way...

I'll be out there again tomorrow.. I wouldn't expect the beams to come back on line until the 2 trains are towed back to the shop.

I'll have pictures shortly... Just got back to the house.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
It was already requested that this not be linked here, could you please remove this. Thanks

Also, could the link be removed from the quoted post as well

You can edit your own post :)

HMF

Whoever took that video seemed to know that this would be big news and would be a good tool to sell to the media. Very sad.
You can hear a little girl Screaming in the video.

hardcard

I personally don't see a reason for complete and utter strangers to be posting on his facebook. I know if someone I knew passed away, I wouldn't want some stranger posting on his/her's facebook.

Personally, he posted his information on facebook for the world to see, and it's a public forum... There is absolutely NO harm in reading and posting to his facebook..

It's not like they are invading his privacy...... Some people are WAY to sensative.. I would love to see this kind of public display if I died in a similar fashion..

If his family has a problem with it, I'm sure facebook would lock it down and prevent it.... If it were my child, I would love to see public displays of sympathy.. It would make me feel as though my child touched people in a way that makes them miss him....

HMF

Personally, he posted his information on facebook for the world to see, and it's a public forum... There is absolutely NO harm in reading and posting to his facebook..

It's not like they are invading his privacy...... Some people are WAY to sensative.. I would love to see this kind of public display if I died in a similar fashion..

If his family has a problem with it, I'm sure facebook would lock it down and prevent it.... If it were my child, I would love to see public displays of sympathy.. It would make me feel as though my child touched people in a way that makes them miss him....
This is why I don't like Facebook.

hardcard

Whoever took that video seemed to know that this would be big news and would be a good tool to sell to the media. Very sad.
You can hear a little girl Screaming in the video.

The sentinel took in voluntary submissions of video and pics.. The videographer did not profit...

Very sad that people rush to judgement.

JustInTime

If his family has a problem with it, I'm sure facebook would lock it down and prevent it.... If it were my child, I would love to see public dfisplays of sympathy.. It would make me feel as though my child touched people in a way that makes them miss him....

And that really was my point. He passed in a place that we all love. Some of us may have even met him. It is like people putting flowers on a grave. Kinda like paying respects. But, I felt that if anyone was offended by the post than it should have been removed due to the sensitivity of the situation. And that is why I took it down.

HMF

The sentinel took in voluntary submissions of video and pics.. The videographer did not profit...

Very sad that people rush to judgement.
I know I know' but still moments like that documented like that and there were children around.

The Conundrum

I agree. While I respect the mods decision and feel very sad for the family I must say this has got to be one of the most oversensitive forums I have ever been on.

Nobody is making inappropriate jokes, nobody is filming a dead body, and yet people here are freaking out over nonissues. Go on any other Disney website and you don't have people acting like they are over here. Its sad and ironic that even though we celebrated our nations Independence Day just a few short hours ago we don't actually have freedom of speech in this country.

maggiegrace1

I agree. While I respect the mods decision and feel very sad for the family I must say this has got to be one of the most oversensitive forums I have ever been on.

Nobody is making inappropriate jokes, nobody is filming a dead body, and yet people here are freaking out over nonissues. Go on any other Disney website and you don't have people whining like they are over here. Its sad and ironic that even though we celebrated our nations Independence Day just a few short hours ago we don't actually have freedom of speech in this country.
A few other forums are not allowing the video or facebook links also..if you do not like it you could always leave..:):wave:

SirGoofy

Nobody is making inappropriate jokes, nobody is filming a dead body, and yet people here are freaking out over nonissues. Go on any other Disney website and you don't have people whining like they are over here. Its sad and ironic that even though we celebrated our nations Independence Day just a few short hours ago we don't actually have freedom of speech in this country.

Pi$$ off Conundrum. I'm tired of you. You come into this thread rabbling on already wanting to blame Disney's maintenance, and then you yell at the CM for blacking a view of someone who was trying to get as much of the carnage on film as possible, and now you're going off on a freedom of speech tangent? Give me a break, and get off these boards. I'm tired of your constant negativity. Someone died here, and all you want to do is point fingers.

I'll probably get in trouble for this post, but I honestly don't care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom