Moms panel is open!

drew81

I just saw a question about coffee makers in the Pop Century rooms. She answered, yes there are coffee makers in all rooms at the Pop Century. Last time I stayed there there wasn't coffee makers in the room. Anyone else know about that?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I just saw a question about coffee makers in the Pop Century rooms. She answered, yes there are coffee makers in all rooms at the Pop Century. Last time I stayed there there wasn't coffee makers in the room. Anyone else know about that?

Thats wrong... there was no coffee maker in my preferred room in DEC.

Now that I think about it... there has never been a coffee maker in any of the rooms I have stayed in, at Pop.

WDWFREAK53

Thats wrong... there was no coffee maker in my preferred room in DEC.

Now that I think about it... there has never been a coffee maker in any of the rooms I have stayed in, at Pop.

Obviously you've never been with a woman! :lookaroun (Ohhh, sorry, so sorry, where did that come from? :lol: )

BTW, it was a JOKE!

Momketeer

I'm not sure if it's still the case but as of a couple of years ago, coffemakers were available at Pop but only upon request. You just had to call the front desk and someone from would bring it to you within the hour.

mouselvrmom

it seems a lot of people are getting invited to this new club. i did today too.

I got a weird email today, but I'm not sure if I'm invited to the mom club or not. They said that some people were having trouble voting for the new name so they reinvited me to vote. I'm not sure why I would have to vote for the name of the club if I wasn't invited, so I voted and will see if I actually get an invitation to join. :lol:

bret

Very interesting thread. Lots of good healthy discussion. Nothing wrong with that!! I really mean it.

I'm glad there is interest in the Moms Panel. I'd be much more concerned if the boards were silent.

No, we aren't perfect yet, but we're trying to work out the kinks. Will we make mistakes going forward -- absolutely! Will we try to put in place better process to avoid factual mistakes? - I think so.

Right now this is a "soft launch" with only light publicity, while we try to figure out things and adjust as needed. Clearly the target audience is not someone who has spent years on the forums, it is targeted much more toward people that are just beginning to research (future board members!). Nevertheless, we want the answers to be helpful, insightful and factually correct. We aren't fulfilling that goal 100% yet, but I hope we can get closer over time.

Regarding Maggie's post :wave:, I probably shouldn't enter the discussion, but I just have to mention that I stand by my answer (although I'm sure I have other errors out there, and will have them in the future). :rolleyes: The question basically asks if there is a number that guests can call to find out where characters can be found. Based on my experience, research and talking directly with several CMs at the Guest Services phone number (which is the number I provided), they agree that this is the best number for guests to use to try to find characters. If you have a better publicly available number that should be used, I would be interested to know it, so I could share better information in the future. Really.:)

No big deal. I can take the criticism - I have to have pretty thick skin to be the Dad on the Panel!:ROFLOL:

Full disclosure, here is the Q & A..

icon-Q.gif
I heard there was a "Character Hotline" that can be called to check to see where certain characters will be in the parks each day. Is this true?
- Asked by Maggie from GA on 1/7/2008
ec7bf39a-b0bb-43fe-a761-044f0bfc63c8.jpg

icon-A.gif
Maggie,You heard correct. You can call 407-824-2222 to find out where specific characters will be appearing each day. And don't forget to bring an autograph book and pen, or perhaps just a camera to record the memory!-Bret

Let me know if you have more questions. I'm happy to try to help.

-Bret

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Welcome aboard Bret :wave: Best of luck on the panel. I'm sure the kinks will work themselves out before long. How long will your "soft-opening" period last?

bret

Welcome aboard Bret :wave: Best of luck on the panel. I'm sure the kinks will work themselves out before long. How long will your "soft-opening" period last?

Nothing set in stone, but it seems like the "soft-opening" might be a few months. With hundreds of questions already answered within the first week:eek:, I'm not so sure I want any more publicity!;)

-Bret

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Nothing set in stone, but it seems like it the "soft-opening" might be a few months. With hundreds of questions already answered within the first week:eek:, I'm not so sure I want any more publicity!;)

-Bret

You'll be spouting answers to Disney questions in your sleep :lol:

Crazy4WDW1

Welcome Bret!

Although sadly I didn't get picked for the Moms Panel, I'm so happy for those that did. It sounds pretty fun.

Will you have to visit WDW for meetings, etc. during the year??

bret

Welcome Bret!

Although sadly I didn't get picked for the Moms Panel, I'm so happy for those that did. It sounds pretty fun.

Will you have to visit WDW for meetings, etc. during the year??

At this point there is no additional training trip scheduled, but who knows?...that could change if a need is identified. Part of the fun right now is being involved in something that is not 100% pre-established or defined yet.

There is also a possibility that some of us might be offered the opportunity to go back to WDW during the year for some PR work, if we are interested. I certainly hope to get such an opportunity!!:)

-Bret

Evo

rofl, maybe I shouldn't of asked how many tiles are on Spaceship Earth and what time the 3:00 parade starts at..

Ev

bret

rofl, maybe I shouldn't of asked how many tiles are on Spaceship Earth and what time the 3:00 parade starts at..

Ev

I think the 3:00 parade question is hilarious!! :ROFLOL: Did someone answer it?:shrug:

In general, however, I don't think you will see many answers to questions about rumors or trivia. The focus is really supposed to be on planning trips to WDW.

-Bret

Evo

I think the 3:00 parade question is hilarious!! :ROFLOL: Did someone answer it?:shrug:

In general, however, I don't think you will see many answers to questions about rumors or trivia. The focus is really supposed to be on planning trips to WDW.

-Bret
It hasn't been answered yet..

Ev

davinakb

It wasn't until I read this board that I realized this panel was sort of an "official" Disney thing. It will be interesting to see the recommendations, if any of the negative reviews make it or if someone dares suggest the outrageous (like staying off property). FYI: there was a brief story (good PR) about the panel in my local paper if anyone is interested. FWIW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom