Moms panel is open!

NewfieFan

I found the answers to be pretty misleading to be honest; decent information, but way to vague. When a family asked about affordable options for a family of 6, she commented on the wilderness cabins, connecting rooms, and how both those were more affordable than the deluxe villas. True information, but where is the part that connecting rooms are not gaurenteed? Why no mention of the new Family suite? These comfortably sleep 6 and offers a fridge and microwave and is slightly more than two rooms? Plus a private bedroom for the parents which is great for when the kids fall asleep.

Thats an answer that I would have loved to have seen. I feel like the response given was exactly what someone could have found by general research on the Disney website.

I doubt this will fail... but I'm in the process of writing a letter to Disney in regards to this... I think feedback is important.

I noticed that answer as well and even pointed it out to my husband. I'm not out to attack the "moms" but they need to be giving out complete and accurate information or what's the point of it all!?!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just an opinion....If you complain about the title "moms panel" being sexist, non PC or whatever you are not allowed to complain about the PC changes done in PotC ever again.

Continue discussion.

JimboJones123

Another note --

Anytime I have checked Alamo on property, their costs are about 40% higher than the airport. I don't know why anybody would think it would be less there??? I've checked DOZENS of times. I would have loved to take DME and rent for just a few days, but a 4 day rental at S&D has been = to a 10 day rental out of MCO.

drew81

Way to prove a point -- or something....

No, I just asked them a character question and if Giselle was coming out for meet n greets. They said she was in the parade but they weren't sure about meet n greets in the future and to talk to guest relations at the park.

PeoplemoverTTA

psst. the Sunshine Terrace is in The Magic Kingdom. :wave:

I'm guessing there's some confusion between Sunshine Tree Terrace at MK and Sunshine Seasons in The Land...

Was it the answer on the Mom's Panel that wrote "Sunshine Terrace at Epcot?" If so, they really do need to have some more effective fact/spell checking.

I'm intrigued by this mom's panel and will definitely take a look (although everyone's comments are amusing and interesting on their own :)).

shari71

If you applied to be a Disney Mom Panel memeber, check your email. They are extending a welcome to a new club...not exactly a panel, but seems like a consolation prize to people who did not make it. Mostly it is about newsletters and surveys according to the email. But first you have to help them name the club. Then they will send a welcome packet to your home.

New2WDW

No, I just asked them a character question and if Giselle was coming out for meet n greets. They said she was in the parade but they weren't sure about meet n greets in the future and to talk to guest relations at the park.

This does seem to be the problem, the answers are too general/generic. It seems like just another middle man situation. Hopefully it will evolve into something useful.

TrippAve

I noticed that answer as well and even pointed it out to my husband. I'm not out to attack the "moms" but they need to be giving out complete and accurate information or what's the point of it all!?!

I read the same answer. Can you please tell me what was "incomplete" or "inaccurate" about it? The person on the panel gave THEIR OPINION for what they would do if they were planning for that situation. Key word here "OPINION". How can someone's OPINION be "incomplete". If they have never stayed in a family suite before, do you expect them to tell some one to do something they themselves have never done??? I happen to think the answer given was good, as are most of them that I have browsed. They advised to come during off season when the rates are lower and you are more likely able to afford two rooms and get them at a the lowest rate, in addition to getting twice the coupons and other money saving stuff as she notes in the welcome folders.

I think some of you out here really need to think completely through your own opinions before you spew them out here (disneydudette, this goes DOUBLE for you...a letter???!!! Really???!!! You are going to write a letter because your OPINION differs from that of someone else???!!!)

happymom52003

I read the same answer. Can you please tell me what was "incomplete" or "inaccurate" about it? The person on the panel gave THEIR OPINION for what they would do if they were planning for that situation. Key word here "OPINION". How can someone's OPINION be "incomplete". If they have never stayed in a family suite before, do you expect them to tell some one to do something they themselves have never done??? I happen to think the answer given was good, as are most of them that I have browsed. They advised to come during off season when the rates are lower and you are more likely able to afford two rooms and get them at a the lowest rate, in addition to getting twice the coupons and other money saving stuff as she notes in the welcome folders.

I think some of you out here really need to think completely through your own opinions before you spew them out here (disneydudette, this goes DOUBLE for you...a letter???!!! Really???!!! You are going to write a letter because your OPINION differs from that of someone else???!!!)

I've been defending the moms panel from the begining because I think it is a great idea, but I really have to disagree with you on this point. You do not have to have done something yourself to suggest it. I have never stayed in a family suite either because we stay in the DVC villas, but family suites would be one of my first suggestions to someone asking the same question. Your point makes no sense. Another good example....I have never eaten at Victoria and Alberts, but I had a friend ask me where her and her husband could have a romantic, adults only meal at WDW, and V & A is what I suggeted.....even though I have never eaten there. And this moms panel is about more than just giving opnions.....they are supposed to give FACTS as well. Also, giving advice to come in the off seaon may be good advice, but what about the MANY people who are not able to travel during the off season? Her answer was incomplete.....plain and simple.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

The question in question (man that sounds weird) was more of a fact based question than an opinion and with that being said lacked several facts.

I noticed one error similar to this yesterday. It was question about a party of 5 and if they should stay on or off property. The Disney mom recommend on properly and said "There are so many advantages available to resort guests and Disney offers accommodations to match every budget from value all the way up to deluxe villas." On the surface this looks fine but she failed to mention that there are limited locations that will accommodate a party of 5 in a single room. In fact only one of the 4 value resorts has rooms that will handle a party of 5 and the rack rate on those is slightly more than 2 rooms at the same value resort. The answer she gave was not wrong just laked a few important details.

I actually think that the site and the moms are doing a good job. It will only be a matter of time before the panel gets some feed back and tweaks their postings to make sure they fill in all the gaps.

TrippAve

I've been defending the moms panel from the begining because I think it is a great idea, but I really have to disagree with you on this point. You do not have to have done something yourself to suggest it. I have never stayed in a family suite either because we stay in the DVC villas, but family suites would be one of my first suggestions to someone asking the same question. Your point makes no sense. Another good example....I have never eaten at Victoria and Alberts, but I had a friend ask me where her and her husband could have a romantic, adults only meal at WDW, and V & A is what I suggeted.....even though I have never eaten there. And this moms panel is about more than just giving opnions.....they are supposed to give FACTS as well. Also, giving advice to come in the off seaon may be good advice, but what about the MANY people who are not able to travel during the off season? Her answer was incomplete.....plain and simple.

WOW!!! "You do not have to have done something yourself to suggest it." So you are honestly telling me that you would tell someone to go to a restaurant, even though you have never ate there??? You would tell someone to go to a hotel even though you have never stayed there??? I am certainly glad the people on the Moms Panel aren't giving answers based on that stance. You could be deeply misinformed and never know it!

happymom52003

WOW!!! "You do not have to have done something yourself to suggest it." So you are honestly telling me that you would tell someone to go to a restaurant, even though you have never ate there??? You would tell someone to go to a hotel even though you have never stayed there??? I am certainly glad the people on the Moms Panel aren't giving answers based on that stance. You could be deeply misinformed and never know it!
Are you serious???? I have also suggested the Boardwalk resort to friends who wanted to be closer to Epcot, and I have never stayed there. I have suggested going to the Adventurer's club to friends who were traveling without children even though I have never been, because I myself cant wait to go someday. I have suggested riding TOT to first time visitors who love thrill rides, even though I have never been on it because I have a heart condition. I have suggested the BB Boutique to friends with older girls, even though I have never been there because my daughter is only two. I've suggested Star wars weekends to friends who are big star wars fans, even though I have never been to one. I could go on and on!!! I know ALOT about WDW, even though I have not yet done every single possible thing there is to do there. And I know quite a bit about the resorts and restaurants even though I have not stayed at or eaten at all of them. It comes from doing lots of research. And as for the things I do not yet know, well at least I know where to go to find the answers. So to answer your question, yes...I do believe it is possible to suggest something to someone even if you have not personally done it. Especially in the question that prompted your first post.
And like I said before....I have defended the moms panel and think it is a good idea. But it is looking like a few of them need to check their facts before posting. But I still think they are doing a good job, and I hope they get the kinks worked out.

Captain Hank

I just stumbled across another potential issue-causing post. A guest asked about the existance of the Character Information Hotline. The Dad responded that yes there was, and provided a phone number. The character line is only for Cast use, and is not meant to handle guest requests--the number isn't even supposed to be published. In actuality, the phone number given in the response is just the WDW operator, but they aren't equipped to handle inquiries about characters.

The majority of posts on there are good information. But, the few like these, from what presents itself as a semi-official Walt Disney World information source, trouble me a little.

Eyorefan

I have to agree with happymom52003 on this. Yes, it is possible to suggest doing things you have never done, and further more, if you are running a site like this, I would think that the panel members who HAVE to suggest things they themselves have never done. There is so much to do for so many different types of people it would be impossible for them to all have first hand experiances doing everything there is to on property. Just like happymom, I myself have suggested things to people that I haven't done, but new from research, they would enjoy. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Keep in mind, the orginal question was about what options were avalible to a party of five, not "What is your personal experiance with traveling with a party of 5?".

EpcotServo

I just stumbled across another potential issue-causing post. A guest asked about the existance of the Character Information Hotline. The Dad responded that yes there was, and provided a phone number. The character line is only for Cast use, and is not meant to handle guest requests--the number isn't even supposed to be published. In actuality, the phone number given in the response is just the WDW operator, but they aren't equipped to handle inquiries about characters.

The majority of posts on there are good information. But, the few like these, from what presents itself as a semi-official Walt Disney World information source, trouble me a little.
facepalmli9.jpg

Oy.
:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom