Moderate Resorts

jamie_soprano1

Which moderate resort do you think is best? Coronado Springs or Carribean Beach Resort. I am from the New Orleans area so I am looking for something besides Port Orleans...lol!

lcsrig

We love Caribbean Beach. Fun atmosphere, cool rooms. It is spread out. We have stayed in Building 51 in the Aruba section twice. I love it because its just a quick walk across the bridge to Old Port Royale and the food court.
HI from Houma! :wave:

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Port Orleans is the only mod in which I've ever stayed. So, based on the pics/videos I've seen and my own personal preferences, I'd probably opt for Coronado Springs.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

I think either would work for you.
It's just a matter of whether you want a Caribbean beach theme or a Mexico theme.

From what I understand, it may be worth it to request a room 'near the lobby/food court', or at least look on a map and request a certain area of buildings.
Both those resorts are more spread out than Port Orleans Riverside and definitely more than Port Orleans French Quarter.

Good luck.
:)

Upvote 0

tjkref418

I prefer Carribean Beach Resort over Cornoado Springs, I wish I has a definitive reason for it. I think I simply got emerged in the theming better at CBR.

Upvote 0

imagineer99

Both resorts are pretty big, so if you get a room far from the lobby, it can be a pain to make it back to the central shops and restaurants.

That said, I prefer Coronado. I like the theming better, and I really dig the "Pepper Market." It's a pseudo foodcourt that it is actually quite good.

Upvote 0

bgoebel

We just stayed at Caribbean beach in June and loved it (traveled with 15mo. old and 4 year old). We stayed in Aruba and it's a walk across a bridge (but it is a walk) to the food court but it's nice because every "island" has it's a beach and pool. We opted for the pool near the food court due to the waterfall and slide for the kids. I didn't mind the walk because there was the water to look at (and the kids would look for turtles, rabbits-tons of rabbits- and ducks-ducks will eat out of your hands, lizards, and such). Plus some island tunes playing after you get over the bridge. I would suggest aruba if you don't mind the walk to the food court (old port royale). Feel free to private message me with any questions about caribbean beach.

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Caribbean Beach

We are going back for the third time to Caribbean Beach. When we have money we stay at Poly, when we don't have much money we stay at Caribbean Beach! The theming is great, the restaurant and food court are great, and definitley get a preferred room because it's worth the extra money!

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

I'd go with CB. Up front, it's the only mod we've ever used and it is the oldest of the mods.

But I find Port Orleans too far from the action and am not a fan of southwest themeing.

I realize that CB is not within walking distance of any of the parks either, but it feels closer to the action than Port Orleans.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I have stayed at both CS & CB. I absolutely loved Coronado. The colors of this resort are just so bright and lively. The rooms were very nice and roomy. They have an awesome main pool and hot tub. We did not care much at all for CB. I would not stay there again, but that's just me. I would def go with Coronado. :wave:

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

I'm glad you asked this ?. We aren't going for a couple of years yet (no date picked until we have the $$) but I'll keep all of what is posted here in mind when the time comes to pick our resort. I stayed at POFQ in Dec and loved it but I'm thinking that we may try somewhere new just to try somewhere new. My hubby wants to go with the All Stars, but I don't. Nothing wrong with them but with our 2 kids I think a moderate would be better.

Anyway, back on the subject, I was thinking of CB because my daughter wanted to stay there in Dec. I think it looks cool, but then so does CS. I hope you have a wonderful time no matter which one you pick!

Upvote 0

gunsnroses

We stayed at CB in the Martinique (sp?) section, it was great for us because it was the closest to the 1st bus stop. It took about 5 minutes to walk to the food court. We've also stayed at Coronodo, and enjoyed it as well. If I had my choice it would be CB in Martinique, but I think Aruba would be a good choice as well. Can't go wrong with either one! Have a wonderful trip

Upvote 0

I-4Warrior

We haven't stayed at Coronado, so I can't speak on it's virtues, I can only say what a great time we had at CBR. We stayed at Barbados, and with our room facing World Showcase, We were able to walk out of our door and see the Illuminations fireworks (not the low lying ones, but the sky-high ones) and hear the musical score. We also spent a long, relaxing time camped out on the hammocks at the lake over near the Aruba side in what was one my favorite peaceful moments on any vacation. Onsite boat rentals was a huge plus as well. The downside, Port Royale is a far hike from many of the room groupings.

Upvote 0

paul436

Both resorts are pretty big, so if you get a room far from the lobby, it can be a pain to make it back to the central shops and restaurants.
This was my experience at CBR in 2003. They didn't have preferred rooms at the time and although I had requested rooms close to the food court I ended up about as far away from it as I could get. I didn't like that morning walk for breakfast. But I understand many people prefer the room locations far from the food court because it's usually much quieter there. For me, though, the room location turned me off so much that I wouldn't stay there again.

Upvote 0

gram1554

I stayed at POFQ last June and loved it. We are going in September with reservations and CB I hope it is as much of a Carrabbean theme as everyone says it is.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

I love CBR, even though I haven't been able to afford to stay there in some time. A preferred room location is a great idea if you can afford the extra charge. If not, you may be in for a lot of walking.

I never minded though. Walking is simply part of the Disney experience!

Upvote 0

kurros

This was my experience at CBR in 2003. They didn't have preferred rooms at the time and although I had requested rooms close to the food court I ended up about as far away from it as I could get. I didn't like that morning walk for breakfast. But I understand many people prefer the room locations far from the food court because it's usually much quieter there. For me, though, the room location turned me off so much that I wouldn't stay there again.

I'm sorry about that... CBR is certainly a big resort and that's why the run the bus loops to the food court building. One tip though for a future stay... that little building/area request that the reservation center puts in the comments doesn't actually get seen by a resort cast member (if it does) until the day before you arrive when they start pre-blocking rooms. And by the time they get to your reservation it may be too late. To avoid the whole "it's a request, not a guarantee" problem when you check in it's best to call or fax the resort directly up to 10 days before your arrival (that's when your reservation is actually downloaded to the resort) so they can pre-block you then, and are more likely to be able to accommodate the request.

I know it's too late to help with your CBR stay but hopefully this helps you out in the future!

Upvote 0

Purple413

I've stayed at both. I prefer CS b/c it's cleaner and I really liked the decor. The last time I stayed at CBR, it seemed really dirty. It's been a while, though. I stayed at the All Star Music resort the last 3 trips and it was nice and clean. Freshness and cleanliness is very important to me!! I will admit, though, it was nice to relax on the hammocks by the beach at CBR, and the speed boats are fun. I agree that you want to request a room by the food court for convenience.

Upvote 0

paul436

To avoid the whole "it's a request, not a guarantee" problem when you check in it's best to call or fax the resort directly up to 10 days before your arrival (that's when your reservation is actually downloaded to the resort) so they can pre-block you then, and are more likely to be able to accommodate the request.
I'll try that when I stay at POFQ this August. I don't think they have preferred rooms either. Or do they? My parents are getting up in years now and if we can save a few steps at the resort it would help with the amount of walking we do at the parks.

And although I won't stay at CBR again, I did have a great time at WDW in general during our stay there. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom