Mobile stages coming to Star Wars - A Galaxy Far, Far, Away

sedati

Noticed the fall safety railing along the top of the theater. This was an issue on my trip as once I noticed one, I began to notice them everywhere- especially in the Magic Kingdom. I have no problem with better safety, but do hope there are plans to better incorporate them into the designs. I know Disneyland had this issue as well, but they put a lot of time and money hiding them.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Noticed the fall safety railing along the top of the theater. This was an issue on my trip, once I noticed one, I began to notice them everywhere- especially in the Magic Kingdom. I have no problem with better safety, but do hope there are plans to better incorporate them into the designs. I know Disneyland had this issue as well, but they put a lot of time and money hiding them.
OSHA got involved a few years back and it has been non-stop visible railings on all the rooftops. I don't see much being done to improve the look.

Last edited:

cjkeating

OSHA got invalided a few years back and it has been non-stop visible railings on all the rooftops. I don't see much being done to improve the look.

Disneyland Paris has done a very good job during recent building refurbishments (Frontierland in particular) at incorporating hidden safety railings, I don't see why WDW couldn't do the same?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disneyland Paris has done a very good job during recent building refurbishments (Frontierland in particular) at incorporating hidden safety railings, I don't see why WDW couldn't do the same?

They won't spend money to hide them, because of the TDO motto - "They're tourists, whadda they know?"

peter11435

OSHA got involved a few years back and it has been non-stop visible railings on all the rooftops. I don't see much being done to improve the look.
They are being improved. It's just an exceedingly slow process. They certainly aren't motivated to get it done quickly. Several buildings at magic kingdom and some of the resorts have had themed integrated fall protection installed replacing the temporary set ups.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom