Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

FigmentFan82

I think this should definitely be a priority for MK. Adventureland needs a little more and Moana is proving to be a solid IP. I really hope they don't cheap out on BBTM. It's ok if phase 2 takes a while but don't abandon it. Universal's ambitions are making Disney look like fools that can't read the room.

𝕴𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖗97

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It’s not going anywhere so it’s silly to even suggest to move it.
Well, there is precedent for moving spinners. They moved Flik's Flyers to Paradise Pier over in DCA. They also did it with Dumbo when they doubled it and shifted it to Storybook Circus. It's arguably one of the easiest Disney attractions to move.

PREMiERdrum

Well, there is precedent for moving spinners. They moved Flik's Flyers to Paradise Pier over in DCA. They also did it with Dumbo when they doubled it and shifted it to Storybook Circus. It's arguably one of the easiest Disney attractions to move.
The Disney of the 70s, 80s, or 90s would absolutely relocate it to improve themeatic cohesion and improve the overall product.

It's not moving.

tanc

Does this mean Swiss tree house is potentially on the chopping block? I just don't see anywhere else a "flume" ride could possibly go in AL.

MerlinTheGoat

Does this mean Swiss tree house is potentially on the chopping block? I just don't see anywhere else a "flume" ride could possibly go in AL.
No, the current proposed location is an empty plot of land south of the Pirates show building outside of the railroad track perimeter. The treehouse is nowhere near this and probably shouldn't be impacted at all (and I don't think it would provide remotely enough space to do what they want to do).

1715811337942.png

This plot of land was once considered for the canned Fire Mountain project, which would have had a new pathway built between the Pirates building and Jungle Cruise. So I could see something similar being done for Moana. But we'll see I guess (assuming it even happens).

1715811523580.png

tanc

I've heard this flume might be proposed to DL Paris as well, but wouldn't it sort of conflict with TBA in MK? I wouldn't mind if it was just a dark ride similar to some of the ones in Fantasy Springs.

Tha Realest

No, the current proposed location is an empty plot of land south of the Pirates show building outside of the railroad track perimeter. The treehouse is nowhere near this and probably shouldn't be impacted at all (and I don't think it would provide remotely enough space to do what they want to do).

View attachment 785747

This plot of land was once considered for the canned Fire Mountain project, which would have had a new pathway built between the Pirates building and Jungle Cruise. So I could see something similar being done for Moana. But we'll see I guess (assuming it even happens).

View attachment 785750
wasn’t this also the location for the rumored “in park” hotel?

ToTBellHop

Already losing a spinner in Dinoland. In a theoretical world where that’s rebuilt in another park (not saying it will be), they certainly wouldn’t then consider moving a second spinner concurrently.

Also, Adventureland is already a mixed up land with several IPs. No need to make two Moana rides nor would they want to retheme that whole plaza.

Crowded, cramped Adventurelands are as Disney as Mickey Waffles.

ToTBellHop

Disney also relocated the Lion King show to Africa in DAK in the teens, so I think it is still possible if it makes sense.

I don't know if this is the time for it, though (as much as I wish it was).
That was unique because of the kind of money Avatar had behind it. Moana would not be funded at that level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom