Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

lazyboy97o

Isn't the hourly for Carpets only like 400 guests? (on a good day)
A Zamperla Aero Combat is advertised as having a theoretical hourly capacity of 420 people from an instantaneous capacity of 24 people (12 vehicles holding 2 riders). The Magic Carpets have an instantaneous capacity of 64 peoples (16 vehicles holding 4 riders). It should easily be doing more than 400 people an hour.

Side note, the 16 arm spinner is a product Zamperla only makes for Disney.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
A Zamperla Aero Combat is advertised as having a theoretical hourly capacity of 420 people from an instantaneous capacity of 24 people (12 vehicles holding 2 riders). The Magic Carpets have an instantaneous capacity of 64 peoples (16 vehicles holding 4 riders). It should easily be doing more than 400 people an hour.

Side note, the 16 arm spinner is a product Zamperla only makes for Disney.
Cool.

BrianLo

Fire Island (or whatever it was called) expansion plot. Expect an E-ticket level with POSSIBLE Shanghai pirates tech.

Don’t we know fairly definitively this is not Shanghai Pirates? Reminiscent of, sure. But it’s a different ride system entirely, hence the patents.

I’m under the impression the only place that might implement Shanghai’s tech is DCA’s Pandora.

mickEblu

Don’t we know fairly definitively this is not Shanghai Pirates? Reminiscent of, sure. But it’s a different ride system entirely, hence the patents.

I’m under the impression the only place that might implement Shanghai’s tech is DCA’s Pandora.

That’s always been my impression. The Shanghai tech seems like it’s a bit much and unnecessary for a Moana attraction.

BrianLo

That’s always been my impression. The Shanghai tech seems like it’s a bit much and unnecessary for a Moana attraction.

It’s more like Cosmic Rewind, which is a really odd comparison. But the spins are timed, the velocity is more gravity dependent. Like a traditional flume.

Shanghai programmatically times all velocity and turns. Which caused problems because it’s accelerating and decelerating against the current it is in. It’s more like Gringotts I guess.

I know it’s pedantic, but it will make for a different experience.

Moth

iirc it's like, the cousin to Shanghai pirates? Not the tech directly but with elements of it.

Remember that patent with the Moana boat? Yeah that. That's probably it. I can't read parents well and relatively unfamiliar with the Shanghai pirates tech outside of the general gist of it, so that's on me reading the patents a bit wrong haha.

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

Why remove the spinner? The park needs more rides, not less. The traffic flow is not an issue and neither is the “immersion.”

A major purpose of Disney parks - which separate them from amusement parks like Six Flags - is to transport people to other times and places. This is why so much attention is put into the level of detail, realism, blocking sightlines to the outside world, etc. Unlike Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, which are meant to reflect more abstract themes, Adventureland was designed to transport guests to a series of locales (which, in its original version, were beautifully blended into each other via "cross-fades"). Plopping an amusement park ride into the middle of it single-handedly destroys that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom