Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Seems like some top people at Imagineering are really obsessed with projects that never got greenlit in the early 00s. We got villains land and monsters door coaster and if you look at the concept art for Fire Mountain it was originally based on the animated movie Atlantis but can easily be repurposed as Moana.

im pretty happy. Hopefully we get an actual new Tomorrowland for both DL and WDW too
That makes me think, a Fire Mountain could still happen- Te Ka was a huge part of Moana after all. Just make a volcano and have Te Ka inside it and boom, perfect. Maybe a boat ride instead of a roller coaster though.

Bocabear

Looks like Tomorrowland and Imagination are on the cutting room floor for another 5+ years... Along with Moana Mountain, Coco, and Wonders Of Life... And I guess the first thing to open that was newly announced will not open until 2027... Maybe they will open it in tandem with the Cake Bake Shop...lol

GenChi

Going back to this, now that we saw that "Beyond" Big Thunder Mountain was a farce and they were always just going to replace ROI and TSI instead of go through the process to expand, does anyone actually believe they'll actually expand into new land to have another boat ride instead of just replacing Jungle Cruise with their new preferred IP?

James Alucobond

Going back to this, now that we saw that "Beyond" Big Thunder Mountain was a farce and they were always just going to replace ROI and TSI instead of go through the process to expand, does anyone actually believe they'll actually expand into new land to have another boat ride instead of just replacing Jungle Cruise with their new preferred IP?
They're still utilizing tracts of new land with Villains, and for something already realized, they just did it with TRON. That TSI is being replaced says nothing about their willingness or unwillingness to use new space; rather, it says something about how they want space utilized in general. Personally, I'd almost rather they focus on some of the existing real estate, especially in Tomorrowland.

Chef idea Mickey`=

That was a very good question 😛

Chef idea Mickey`=

I don’t understand why people are still conflating facts. Disney is still building “beyond” Big Thunder. Villains Land is going to be all new space.
All new space? So the entrance to the land is further than Haunted Mansion. If it's *all new* then means it's not where any part of River's of America is including in the back. Not saying it won't have additional space but saying all is new ...

Mr. Sullivan

1. They are building beyond big thunder. That was not a farce or a lie. Cars was never sold to us as a Beyond project, it was made clear that it was Frontierland during the presentation. Villains is the first phase of Beyond construction. Yes it appears it will share some of the previous river space, but it will most certainly spill over into new plots. Multiple insiders have confirmed more will go back there they just don’t know what right now. That they’re doing Villains this way suggests a want to leave room Beyond for further future development.

2. No, they’re not going to get rid of Jungle Cruise for numerous reasons, both practical and financial.

3. Yes, I do believe when/if they pull the trigger on this Moana ride, it’ll be in the space we’ve all been discussing.

GenChi

They're still utilizing tracts of new land with Villains, and for something already realized, they just did it with TRON. That TSI is being replaced says nothing about their willingness or unwillingness to use new space; rather, it says something about how they want space utilized in general. Personally, I'd almost rather they focus on some of the existing real estate, especially in Tomorrowland.
Good point with Tron, that's the best argument against. At that point it likely was more cost effective then dealing with SM or other areas, but agree pure expansion can be done with right circumstances. Also agree, now there's no reason not to remove the Speedway particularly for later expansion.
1. They are building beyond big thunder. That was not a farce or a lie. Cars was never sold to us as a Beyond project, it was made clear that it was Frontierland during the presentation. Villains is the first phase of Beyond construction. Yes it appears it will share some of the previous river space, but it will most certainly spill over into new plots. Multiple insiders have confirmed more will go back there they just don’t know what right now. That they’re doing Villains this way suggests a want to leave room Beyond for further future development.

2. No, they’re not going to get rid of Jungle Cruise for numerous reasons, both practical and financial.

3. Yes, I do believe when/if they pull the trigger on this Moana ride, it’ll be in the space we’ve all been discussing.
1. The land that was teased as "Beyond" Big Thunder isn't being used. The land being used is partially "Beyond" Haunted Mansion, with the rest of villains and the entirety of Cars being the ROA area. Cars pretty much is Beyond Phase 1, given Coco nor Encanto actually happened but this did in its place. And in that case, it's a slight expansion north and largely being a replacement, not the teased area where Cars could have gone actually "Beyond" the ride. Maybe they go back to that lot for "Phase 2" (assuming Villains isn't Phase 2 already, imo it is), but we know what happens with promised Phase 2s.

2. I don't see how it would be. Developing new land, including all costs needed to make that land suitable, get permitting, relocating what is needed, etc was shown as less appealing then filling in the whole water body of ROA. And here it'd be for a boat ride very close in format to Jungle Cruise right next to Jungle Cruise. Why wouldn't they replace with the new hot IP and say both coasts have a exclusive, one that would cost far less to revamp as another boat ride then build ground up? It's more cost effective, Moana is bigger then Jungle Cruise and gives ROI, and makes more practical sense for them then a new expansion. I don't see after the ROA announcement that they'd develop new land for this and not replace Jungle Cruise if this happens in MK.

FigmentFan82

This got a good chuckle out of me

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom