Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

Fido Chuckwagon

Season 3 Yes GIF by The Office

But in Adventureland, all major attractions in the land would be water attractions so what I’m suggesting is adding some variety to the attraction line up.
Given the changing climate in Orlando I don’t think it’s ever a bad idea for Disney to add an indoor ride versus an outdoor one.

DisneyCane

Given the changing climate in Orlando I don’t think it’s ever a bad idea for Disney to add an indoor ride versus an outdoor one.
It's been hot as heck in the summer in Orlando for as long as I can remember. An extra degree or two on the heat index doesn't make it different than it used to be with respect to comfort.

25 years ago I was sweating profusely and dying to reach a fan in the SM queue.

Fido Chuckwagon

It's been hot as heck in the summer in Orlando for as long as I can remember. An extra degree or two on the heat index doesn't make it different than it used to be with respect to comfort.

25 years ago I was sweating profusely and dying to reach a fan in the SM queue.
Your anecdotal experiences don’t really matter. If Disney wants to continue to remain a viable vacation destination 12 months of the year they have to adapt to the ever-increasing temperatures and extreme heat events that area of Florida are facing and will continue to face.

GenChi

Looks positive to me so far. System looks neat and it's a good concept for a ground up major attraction, and the way they make and interpret rides recently would better benefit this over a TBA. M2 looks like a lock to succeed now so this is almost definitely happening, so really it's more see how it turns out. Could be nice.

If Disney wants to continue to remain a viable vacation destination 12 months of the year they have to adapt to the ever-increasing temperatures and extreme heat events that area of Florida are facing and will continue to face.

One thing I've seen brought up is if they ever do a 5th gate it should be an entirely indoors park like some of the international WB parks are. Might be a necessity the way we're going.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Looks positive to me so far. System looks neat and it's a good concept for a ground up major attraction, and the way they make and interpret rides recently would better benefit this over a TBA. M2 looks like a lock to succeed now so this is almost definitely happening, so really it's more see how it turns out. Could be nice.

One thing I've seen brought up is if they ever do a 5th gate it should be an entirely indoors park like some of the international WB parks are. Might be a necessity the way we're going.
I agree that this looks cool and the only thing that gives me pause is that it makes so much sense (it’s a complete no brainer) so probably won’t happen ;)

As far as the Summer heat in FL I actually think WDW does a pretty good job already. There are not many actual outdoor attractions where you are in direct sun for long periods and even more important there are a lot of queues that are indoor, partially indoor or if they are outside well shaded with fans. There are some exceptions for sure but better than most parks IMHO. Between indoor queues, shops and restaurants it’s easy to stay cool between stretches of brief walking/baking in the sun.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I agree that this looks cool and the only thing that gives me pause is that it makes so much sense (it’s a complete no brainer) so probably won’t happen ;)

As far as the Summer heat in FL I actually think WDW does a pretty good job already. There are not many actual outdoor attractions where you are in direct sun for long periods and even more important there are a lot of queues that are indoor, partially indoor or if they are outside well shaded with fans. There are some exceptions for sure but better than most parks IMHO. Between indoor queues, shops and restaurants it’s easy to stay cool between stretches of brief walking/baking in the sun.
β€˜Cough’ Big Thunder Mountain β€˜cough’ β€˜cough’ really hot β€˜cough’

Last edited:

JoeCamel

They seem to have lost the message with the bandstand in Epcot and Toystoryland shining examples of their current concern for the heat. Oh, and Bob cut down the trees......

GoofGoof

Premium Member
β€˜Cough’ Big Thunder Mountain β€˜cough’ β€˜cough’ hot β€˜cough’ β€˜cough’
They seem to have lost the message with the bandstand in Epcot and Toystoryland shining examples of their current concern for the heat. Oh, and Bob cut down the trees......
As I said, there are some exceptions, but still better than a lot of other parks. Give LEGOLAND a try πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅

Last edited by a moderator:

ToTBellHop

β€˜Cough’ Big Thunder Mountain β€˜cough’ β€˜cough’ hot cough’ β€˜cough’
The Big Thunder queue has a serious airflow issue that was exacerbated when they compartmentalized the upstairs. I wish they’d install windows and a/c up there to cool it like downstairs. JC, meanwhile, has some outdoor a/c!

Skibum1970

I do not understand why trees are taken out so quickly by parks. Even Cedar Fair has a tendency of eliminating trees at their parks (now Six Flags, of course). Magic Kingdom has a number of areas that would benefit by having trees added, along with Studios and AK. The best part about Epcot's re-do was adding some more trees.

If Moana goes into Adventureland, I hope that they keep it tropical with a lot of palms. I mean, consider the coconuts, the trunks and the leaves.

aladdin2007

I do not understand why trees are taken out so quickly by parks. Even Cedar Fair has a tendency of eliminating trees at their parks (now Six Flags, of course). Magic Kingdom has a number of areas that would benefit by having trees added, along with Studios and AK. The best part about Epcot's re-do was adding some more trees.

If Moana goes into Adventureland, I hope that they keep it tropical with a lot of palms. I mean, consider the coconuts, the trunks and the leaves.
probably be all rocks, we know how Disney loves to build faux rocks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom