Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

Fido Chuckwagon

So…anyone want to elaborate on this? I think this is quite clear what this is for judging by the shape.

Not saying this is going to be announced at D23 but this seems fairly big. Honestly, I think the Moana Adventureland attraction has a higher shot of being there. Of course, that’s probably just wishful thinking on my end.
The ride system itself looks to have a lot of promise.

BrianLo

I think this strongly affirms Moana. First in terms of it still recently being active in a more official capacity. Second in terms of I can't imagine Iger, who pulled a Moana sequel out of D+, letting this franchise continue to go without a ride. It feels like a 'mandated' ride.

I also strongly feel like a system like this makes it not feel redundant at all with Pirates or Tiana.

aladdin2007

I think this strongly affirms Moana. First in terms of it still recently being active in a more official capacity. Second in terms of I can't imagine Iger, who pulled a Moana sequel out of D+, letting this franchise continue to go without a ride. It feels like a 'mandated' ride.

I also strongly feel like a system like this makes it not feel redundant at all with Pirates or Tiana.
are we looking at a simulator type thing here or an actual ride,,,just wondering

doctornick

It's a forward propelling ride. It is traveling along a track, but the vehicle at the water surface level can rotate at fixed points from the direction of travel.
I guess a difference between this and Shanghai POTC is that Pirates actually has a motor on the boat moving it while this just moves via the current of the water, right?

Would this mechanism allow for a fall down a waterfall?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I guess a difference between this and Shanghai POTC is that Pirates actually has a motor on the boat moving it while this just moves via the current of the water, right?

The new patent is a slotted guideway with 2D steering so the guests point of view can be directed outside the direction of motion.

Disneyson

Kinda surprising that, with the possibility of a water coaster or swifter water attraction in play, the needle seems to be pointing towards another slow moving boat ride with minor dips directly next to another slow moving boat ride with minor dips.

This is obviously the best spot for Moana, but I’m shocked that they aren’t focusing their attention on Studios or even Epcot. Especially because if it’s a “mandated” ride, they ought to go with Aladdin instead, it’d be great in Morocco and would justify a retheme of central Adventureland that could LATER be a larger Moana area.

Sometimes I think the newer imagineers have very limited conceptions of long-term placemaking and tend to be reactive rather than pragmatic.

BrianLo

Ya that’s the major difference. The propulsion is strictly the water current it looks like, but the spin timing is based on where it is in the flume track. I assume it could handle elevation, even Shanghai pirates minorly can.

Though in addition to probably needing Moana to be all ages, I think avoiding a major drop (beyond Disneyland Pirates level) would help this attraction further discriminate from Tiana.

co10064

Premium Member
Whatever comes of Moana or Coco or Beyond Big Thunder, I sincerely hope there’s some sort of genuine conflict or tension involved in at least some of the attractions.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I can tell, Magic Kingdom currently has zero attractions with tension or perceived threats (think Dinosaur, Splash, Rise, Tower, etc.). It leads to the reputation of MK being a “kiddy” park, even if it does have a few somewhat-thrilling rides.

(And no, Mansion or Pirates doesn’t meet my threshold)

Disneyson

Whatever comes of Moana or Coco or Beyond Big Thunder, I sincerely hope there’s some sort of genuine conflict or tension involved in at least some of the attractions.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I can tell, Magic Kingdom currently has zero attractions with tension or perceived threats (think Dinosaur, Splash, Rise, Tower, etc.). It leads to the reputation of MK being a “kiddy” park, even if it does have a few somewhat-thrilling rides.

(And no, Mansion or Pirates doesn’t meet my threshold)
Depends on how you feel about the “cave in” on Big Thunder.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I am all for a Moana attraction for Adventureland. It would add capacity, add a new sub land to Adventureland, and add a popular IP that would fit in the land. My only problem is that we might have too many water rides. A coaster with water elements might be a better idea.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
The last two additions to MK were both coasters
Season 3 Yes GIF by The Office

But in Adventureland, all major attractions in the land would be water attractions so what I’m suggesting is adding some variety to the attraction line up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom