Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

Chef idea Mickey`=

Sure, might not change too many plans if they think it's strong enough for a E-ticket. But one is 40+ year old legacy property which made 2 billion in the box office (one film being among the best grossing in US history) before it had one bomb, and the other is a less then a decade old singular film that did modestly at box office compared to other 2010s Disney/Pixar animation but is getting good streaming numbers the last several years.

A bomb would negatively affect it more then it would a franchise that proved its longevity. This is a expensive, large new infrastructure investment and not just a revamp like IJ will be, I'd expect if it's not announced or is blueskied at D23 that Moana 2's performance will play a major factor if it gets greenlit.
If Frozen 3 and 4 bombed then too late those lands already exists hense maybe one would be underconstruction in the states.. People will always see the first film as the product. A rushed project as Moana 2 doesn't look like we will take it seriously more as we told you so.

PREMiERdrum

One point to keep in mind... new resort hotel development is a direct risk to their struggling, existing onsite hotel business:

- A new hotel development with unique features like direct-to-MK entrances or views are going to pinch the top of their pricing structure, "exposing" how overpriced some of their other offerings are when compared feature-for-feature.

- A new DVC concept or revived Reflections project would further dilute demand by adding to an existing glut of capacity. Anything developed now needs to be seen thru the lens of end-of-contract scenarios of the original DVC resorts, and I don't think they have an answer.

It's being discussed, but every time they get a concept in focus its weaknesses are exposed.

ToTBellHop

One point to keep in mind... new resort hotel development is a direct risk to their struggling, existing onsite hotel business:

- A new hotel development with unique features like direct-to-MK entrances or views are going to pinch the top of their pricing structure, "exposing" how overpriced some of their other offerings are when compared feature-for-feature.

- A new DVC concept or revived Reflections project would further dilute demand by adding to an existing glut of capacity. Anything developed now needs to be seen thru the lens of end-of-contract scenarios of the original DVC resorts, and I don't think they have an answer.

It's being discussed, but every time they get a concept in focus its weaknesses are exposed.
I just can’t see a resort here right now given the impact it would have on the Grand, in particular. Might as well turn it into a moderate at that point. People already wonder if it’s worth the cost but the location helps.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I think the tie-in came from the new attraction expansion and the possibity of it hosting a hotel as part of the build and a new gate into the park...Like Fantasy Springs just did in Tokyo.....
Well it did until it diluted into "Is Swan and dolphin a DHS resort?" lol

FigmentFan82

I've said it before and I'll stick by it, Moana is (for me at least) one of the most visually beautiful and stunning films Disney has released. The tropical ocean settings are gorgeously rendered and I happen to be a big fan of the story and music as well. Sources here seem fairly bullish that the Moana attraction in Adventureland will indeed happen, and I think it could be an absolute excellent addition to the area. They would get even extra points if they included with this expansion a WDW version of the Tropical Hideaway quick serve. A boy can dream.

Bocabear

I've said it before and I'll stick by it, Moana is (for me at least) one of the most visually beautiful and stunning films Disney has released. The tropical ocean settings are gorgeously rendered and I happen to be a big fan of the story and music as well. Sources here seem fairly bullish that the Moana attraction in Adventureland will indeed happen, and I think it could be an absolute excellent addition to the area. They would get even extra points if they included with this expansion a WDW version of the Tropical Hideaway quick serve. A boy can dream.
Wow I love that idea...A sort of Trader Sam's Outpost with some food and drinks ( maybe even cocktails)
and the Journey Of Water would have made an amazing forecourt to the attraction... a least parts of it... A Moana water play area would integrate nicely with a tropical Polynesian styled area and attraction.....and then maybe we could use the Circusland area for something better.....

Haymarket2008

Moana far outpaces Frozen in almost every way, imho. It's easily a top-tier Modern Era film.

FigmentFan82

Moana far outpaces Frozen in almost every way, imho. It's easily a top-tier Modern Era film.
I think Moana feels a bit more accessible for all. I'm by no means a Frozen hater, but I understand the backlash it gets, which is mostly born from wild instant success and then the subsequent monetization of that success by putting Frozen on everything. And to be fair, that's the playbook you want to play, strike while the iron is hot. Frozen definitely defaults into the princess category far more easily than Moana does, which again I think is a reason people strike points against it. Moana, while also very successful, had almost a quiet success, and was not over branded on merch and such. It's always a fine line to walk when putting the IP name on other things (merch, attractions, etc) Hopefully this wave of Moana love will be welcomed more warmyl than the Frozen typhoon.

Fido Chuckwagon

Teaser trailer for Moana 2 is out and I’m cautiously optimistic. I don’t think there’s any risk of a flop.
I think Disney has the potential for a lot of hits in their cinema releases in the near future. The new Deadpool & Wolverine trailer makes that film look amazing. Maybe if their studio fortunes turn around, they really will invest this money in the parks and we really will get this new ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom