Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

LSLS

From what I can tell, and this is by no means foolproof... they're prepared to announce final details of Tropical Americas, a "first peek" at their major MK expansion with vague previews of Moana and Coco, 50/50 another "Blue Sky" look at what's "possible" further behind BTMRR, new entertainment in FL and more details on the DL plans.

But - many grains of salt - D23 announcements are being edited and cut entirely mere hours before the event based on any number of ridiculous factors.

We'll see if they get gun shy over the next few months.
They must be getting good feedback on the blue sky stuff to keep doing it. I'm honestly a bit surprised, everyone I know can't stand it after the second year of it with nothing coming close to fruition (but obviously my friends and me are not a large subset).

ToTBellHop

They must be getting good feedback on the blue sky stuff to keep doing it. I'm honestly a bit surprised, everyone I know can't stand it after the second year of it with nothing coming close to fruition (but obviously my friends and me are not a large subset).
Hey, if they are actually building new things, I think blue sky ideas for even further out are fun. It just canโ€™t be the meat of the presentation.

Bocabear

I am sick and tired of Blue Sky ideas...especially after the re-imagining Epcot debacle....
What a disappointment....they should stick to things they are actually going to do....things they know will be done...
At least it would feel more honest..... Give us actual information for a few years.... and then maybe they can return to "Blue Sky" announcements after that....

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I am sick and tired of Blue Sky ideas...especially after the re-imagining Epcot debacle....
What a disappointment....they should stick to things they are actually going to do....things they know will be done...
At least it would feel more honest..... Give us actual information for a few years.... and then maybe they can return to "Blue Sky" announcements after that....
To play devil's advocate, though, some of their most recent Blue Sky ideas (Dinoland re-theme, the first phase of BBTM) are very much happening and D23 should see some concrete plans released.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Hey, if they are actually building new things, I think blue sky ideas for even further out are fun. It just canโ€™t be the meat of the presentation.
Meanwhile at the Boardwalk Corn Dog Stand...

Lonely Where Are You GIF by Travis

MJL92

Take the last D23 and Destination events..

2 years ago we got almost no concrete announcements and a brainstorming session of "what they could do". Not great, Bob.

Last year we got a handful of actual smaller announcements (Test Track 3.0, CBJ, Zootopia Show), followed by actual art and IP integration for Tropical Americas. Which they half presented as what they could do, but given that they opted not to talk about beyond big thunder until they had something concrete to share, I would think this was more of a formal announcement than blue sky. Way better slate.

If this august we get:
1. Concrete details of what IS coming (Tropical Americas with attraction / dining details, concept art of multiple areas), plus anything else in the works (Test Track, Zootopia Show, etc.)
AND
2. Teaser announcements about the things they are definitely building but aren't fully solidified yet (We are putting Coco and Moana into the magic kingdom! here are some loose concept art details, will have more to share later!)

then if we also get a "and by the way, here is something crazy we are thinking of doing down the road," then blue sky is fun!

lentesta

Premium Member
Iโ€™ll draw it up. Running around MK rn.

Forgive my terrible graphics skills. Here's what I'm thinking. And I could be wrong, so let me know.

The background image is from the current CFTOB 2032 Comprehensive Plan. Areas in green are suitable for development.

The MK overlay is from Google Maps, scaled to fit the Comprehensive Plan.

To the west of the MK is a piece of land bordered on the west by Floridian Way, and to the east by the storage area for the Electrical Water Pageant.

I've added a red cross to this piece of land. Just the rectangle around that red cross is a piece of land about 1,000' wide by 1,500' high (about 34.5 acres), according to Google Maps. That doesn't count the stubs of land north and south of that box.

For reference on the right is the Yacht Club. Google Maps says the entire complex minus the docks is no more than 1,000' by 1,150' (about 27.5 acres). That includes parking.

IIRC there are around 630 rooms at Yacht Club.

So it seems like this piece of land would be more than enough to host a Yacht Club-sized DVC, with walking access through Adventureland.

Like I said, I could be wrong.

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 12.38.31โ€ฏPM.png

ToTBellHop

Forgive my terrible graphics skills. Here's what I'm thinking. And I could be wrong, so let me know.

The background image is from the current CFTOB 2032 Comprehensive Plan. Areas in green are suitable for development.

To the west of the MK is a piece of land bordered on the west by Floridian Way, and to the east by the storage area for the Electrical Water Pageant.

I've added a red cross to this piece of land. Just the rectangle around that red cross is a piece of land about 1,000' wide by 1,500' high (about 34.5 acres), according to Google Maps. That doesn't count the stubs of land north and south of that box.

For reference on the right is the Yacht Club. Google Maps says the entire complex minus the docks is no more than 1,000' by 1,150' (about 27.5 acres). That includes parking.

So it seems like this piece of land would be more than enough to host a Yacht Club-sized DVC, with walking access through Adventureland.

View attachment 786766
Yes, that plot has been investigated for a hotel but thatโ€™s not the Moana plot as some seem to be confused over.

I have never heard that it would directly connect to Adventureland as Moana would have a very long queue and exit path that it would be challenging to latch this hotel onto. The walkway from the Grand would be the main way to get to MK along with a boat. It is part of the reason that path was finally added.

SplashJacket

View attachment 786766
Isnโ€™t that the Swan Hotel and convention space?

Advisable Joseph

I have never heard that it would directly connect to Adventureland
OK, but I wonder if it could connect to whatever is going on to the north, in Beyond BTM? Heck, depending on what's happenening to the backstage area west of TBA, maybe there could be a connection there if the new development in that area is guest-friendly enough (i.e. not so backstage).

DCLcruiser

Who's better at it; monorail pilots or Josh?

ToTBellHop

OK, but I wonder if it could connect to whatever is going on to the north, in Beyond BTM? Heck, depending on what's happenening to the backstage area west of TBA, maybe there could be a connection there if the new development in that area is guest-friendly enough (i.e. not so backstage).
I donโ€™t honestly see how. They need to maintain backstage access to the park from Floridian Way.

I simply donโ€™t see them adding a secondary entrance for one hotel in this way. Why would they try to out-compete their own flagships, some of which struggle to fill rooms?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom