Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

ToTBellHop

If you don’t mind my asking, where do you consider the line between E and D+?

Jungle Cruise? Midway Mania? Frozen Ever After? (I’m trying to think of attractions that are only KIND OF ambitious, and “talk big” but aren’t really in the same league as Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, etc.)
That’s kind of what I was getting at. It’s hard to pinpoint an E ticket nowadays when they build enormous rides like Rise. Does that demote something more quaint like Mansion to a D+? I’d argue not but it’s really subjective. As another example, I think SWGE has two E-tickets. But Rise is obviously much grander than Smuggler’s Run. You almost need an F ticket (if not for the American connotation of F as “failure”).

But, this isn’t a cheapo ride like the Dinoland carousel.

co10064

Premium Member
Disney's movies' "messages" are pretty much the same as the movies of all the other studios. Disney alone got the bad rep because a certain someone made it part of their political career. That made Disney more of a target than the other studios in the minds of those who care about such things.

Iger's strategy does seem to limit exposure by just not putting out as many movies. Let the other studios take the heat and the reputation until people forget they're supposed to hate Disney.
I’d argue it was less “messaging” and more their quota system/DEI mandates for new content (see chart), plus publicly taking a stance against the Florida law.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpeg
    IMG_0011.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 92

mickEblu

I’d argue it was less “messaging” and more their quota system/DEI mandates for new content (see chart), plus publicly taking a stance against the Florida law.

Right. Not to mention that Disney isn't just any other studio and their fanbase isn't just any other fanbase. You don't have a lot of Paramount Pictures lifestylers haha. Disney held/ holds a special place in American culture and in the hearts of many families. They made a hard left almost over night and left much of their fanbase confused/ disappointed.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

From what I can tell, if the end result isn't considered an "E" it will be a "D+". A good effort on their part so far, and the funding appears to be safe.
Any idea on if they actually plan on announcing it this year? Or if they plan to start construction in the next year? It seems like it’s either now or never for them. They cleared their mess with the local government, streaming is becoming “profitable” (finally!), and they don’t have to make any large purchases recently or in the near future. Could they be waiting for their new fiscal year? Thanks for your info btw and sorry for the rambling post lol

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@lentesta Was suggesting today on the podcast that this plot could become a DVC hotel with a private entrance to MK. It seems too small to be a hotel to me. Unless he was talking about another area?
Well, in the map below, the orange was rumored a few years ago to be a new resort. And the continuation of the path to the GF was a sign of it being plausible. The blue is the behind-PotC-Moana plot.

It's plausible that a DVC could be built with a direct entrance to MK thru the Moana mini-land. Tho, I'm sure Ops would be happy to remind them that there's a path and a short walk to the front entrance of MK.

1716238700721.png

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Well, in the map below, the orange was rumored a few years ago to be a new resort. And the continuation of the path to the GF was a sign of it being plausible. The blue is the behind-PotC-Moana plot.

It's plausible that a DVC could be built with a direct entrance to MK thru the Moana mini-land. Tho, I'm sure Ops would be happy to remind them that there's a path and a short walk to the front entrance of MK.
Ummm, there's no map.

Starship824

In the Parks
No

View attachment 786645
That makes more sense. It would definitely make sense to put the hotel there and have a private entrance in this Moana mini land/attraction area. The only possible problem I see is that people would have to walk over the bridge to get to the entrance but I guess that wouldn't be a problem since the grand flo guests already do that. Also would they really put a monorail stop right there when they're only steps away from MK, I suppose it would help with transportation to Epcot but otherwise it just seems necessary. But then again the contemporary isn't that much farther in comparison.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240520-171956.png
    Screenshot_20240520-171956.png
    340.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20240520-171924.png
    Screenshot_20240520-171924.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20240520-171851.png
    Screenshot_20240520-171851.png
    283.9 KB · Views: 72

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'd be fine having the carpets removed - MK doesn't need them and they make the area congested unnecessarily - but only if they move the ride mechanism to another location. Especially if they put it in, say, DHS which could use more rides and doesn't have a spinner (I'd also be fine with it going to Epcot perhaps in Morocco unchanged or being converted to the jetpack version from Shanghai in World Discovery).
They can put it in the old Stitch area, with a new Stitch animatronic spitting chili-dog juice at riders as they go by...

PREMiERdrum

Any idea on if they actually plan on announcing it this year? Or if they plan to start construction in the next year? It seems like it’s either now or never for them. They cleared their mess with the local government, streaming is becoming “profitable” (finally!), and they don’t have to make any large purchases recently or in the near future. Could they be waiting for their new fiscal year? Thanks for your info btw and sorry for the rambling post lol
From what I can tell, and this is by no means foolproof... they're prepared to announce final details of Tropical Americas, a "first peek" at their major MK expansion with vague previews of Moana and Coco, 50/50 another "Blue Sky" look at what's "possible" further behind BTMRR, new entertainment in FL and more details on the DL plans.

But - many grains of salt - D23 announcements are being edited and cut entirely mere hours before the event based on any number of ridiculous factors.

We'll see if they get gun shy over the next few months.

EricsBiscuit

From what I can tell, and this is by no means foolproof... they're prepared to announce final details of Tropical Americas, a "first peek" at their major MK expansion with vague previews of Moana and Coco, 50/50 another "Blue Sky" look at what's "possible" further behind BTMRR, new entertainment in FL and more details on the DL plans.

But - many grains of salt - D23 announcements are being edited and cut entirely mere hours before the event based on any number of ridiculous factors.

We'll see if they get gun shy over the next few months.
That’s about what I expected. Thanks for the info!

aladdin2007

This thing has been killed and resurrected more times than I can count.

Last I heard they couldn't get the number of rooms (heavy DVC) to make the development cost work, and getting support facilities back there was tough. I thought this project recently shifted NE and is unlikely to move forward.
thank goodness, the new monstrosity destroying the shores seven seas lagoon is bad enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom