Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

Brian

I honestly think it’s Disney’s best animated film potentially ever.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
For clarification, I wasn't implying that Moana isn't popular. It's just that I constantly hear on here that it's really popular, so if it IS that popular, the sequel probably won't flop.
The sequel isn't going to flop. It is, however, opening up against a highly anticipated film whose target demographic may skew a little older but still cut into its audience a bit. I'll be curious to see how it does.

ToTBellHop

The sequel isn't going to flop. It is, however, opening up against a highly anticipated film whose target demographic may skew a little older but still cut into its audience a bit. I'll be curious to see how it does.
I’ll probably pick Wicked but they likely hope parents stuck with kids will see both.

What will all the anti-woke parents pick, I wonder?

LSLS

For clarification, I wasn't implying that Moana isn't popular. It's just that I constantly hear on here that it's really popular, so if it IS that popular, the sequel probably won't flop.
I mean, we are what, 7 or 8 years since release and it is still the most streamed movie on D+? It's a massive IP, probably not far off from Frozen. I just continue to be amazed that for a company that pinches pennies EVERYWHERE, they do such a bad job of leveraging their largest IPs.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
We may jest but Disney would actually like to make a profit from an animated feature again one day.
I think if people are deep into the "Disney is woke" narrative I'm not sure there's much that can be done to convince them otherwise. Besides if "woke" movies fail then Barbie wouldn't be the top grossing film of last year. Disney's problem is that they conditioned everyone to wait for Disney Plus and that, let's be honest most of the recent films haven't been their best work.

𝕴𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖗97

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Disney is on the list and Iger would like to get it off the list…somehow. Probably wait it out?
I think the way is rather simple; if they start making good movies again without including things people want to boycott, then their films will be successful. Can't continue to be on the list if there's nothing people want to boycott AND if the movies are good. So far, it seems they're starting to do the first, but the movies still aren't good. So we'll see.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think the way is rather simple; if they start making good movies again without including things people want to boycott, then their films will be successful. Can't continue to be on the list if there's nothing people want to boycott AND if the movies are good. So far, it seems they're starting to do the first, but the movies still aren't good. So we'll see.
Disney's movies' "messages" are pretty much the same as the movies of all the other studios. Disney alone got the bad rep because a certain someone made it part of their political career. That made Disney more of a target than the other studios in the minds of those who care about such things.

Iger's strategy does seem to limit exposure by just not putting out as many movies. Let the other studios take the heat and the reputation until people forget they're supposed to hate Disney.

PREMiERdrum

Have any insiders specified this would be an E ticket like the thread name says?

It seems like E-ticket scale to me. Of course, these boards sometimes disagree with Disney’s internal rankings. But they aren’t giving up a big expansion pad for a flat ride.
From what I can tell, if the end result isn't considered an "E" it will be a "D+". A good effort on their part so far, and the funding appears to be safe.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
@lentesta Was suggesting today on the podcast that this plot could become a DVC hotel with a private entrance to MK. It seems too small to be a hotel to me. Unless he was talking about another area?

britain

From what I can tell, if the end result isn't considered an "E" it will be a "D+". A good effort on their part so far, and the funding appears to be safe.

If you don’t mind my asking, where do you consider the line between E and D+?

Jungle Cruise? Midway Mania? Frozen Ever After? (I’m trying to think of attractions that are only KIND OF ambitious, and “talk big” but aren’t really in the same league as Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, etc.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom