MNSSHP and MVMCP 2016 prices released

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Yep, we haven't done either of these parties in 10 years, with the exception of once in 2010 for the boy's first trip.

Their value to cost ratio for us tanked very quickly.

I have trouble tracking what years we did what things, but I think we went in 2010 also, it was November and going to the X-mas party was the only way to get that Christmas feeling so early. So we sucked it up and paid the we thought outrageous price they were charging. Hours long waits for characters, 20 minute waits for cookies, the hub so crowded for fireworks and the parade that you couldn't move. No shows besides the castle stage show and some weird dance party in tomorrowland. We vowed never to return.

Jon81uk

I remember going to the Christmas party in 2010 and it only be $45 per adult. Now for the Halloween party its $95, come on. For three extra hours, get real. I've been to Disney plenty of times and it seems now Disney is out pricing my family. We love going but for the price we are paying for everything we may have to give up on Disney for awhile.

Halloween party gives five hours of exclusive party time (7pm to midnight) plus three hours with day guests (4pm to 7pm).

Jenn Faiola

I have been reading these message boards for a long time, but have never felt the need post a comment until now. I keep reading comments from people complaining about how expensive it is to go to Disney and that the cost for everything at Disney keeps going up. I don't understand why so many people think that a Disney vacation is a right and that it should be affordable to everyone.

Everyone should have a place to live and food on the table, but that doesn't mean everyone can afford to have a fancy house and steak every night for dinner. Not everyone can afford a nice car or even new clothing and not everyone can afford the luxury of a vacation. Because that's what a vacation is, a LUXURY. For years our vacation was visiting family or a few days at the beach because that's what we could afford. I didn't go online and complain about Disney being too expensive, we knew we couldn't afford it at that time (just like we knew we couldn't afford a new car at that time). Now that we can afford nicer vacations, we do go to Disney each year and are fine with the price we pay.

The other complaint I see on these boards all the time is about the crowds. If everyone could afford to take a Disney vacation, imagine how horrible the crowds would be and how difficult it would be to even get a reservation or tickets to the parks.

Disney is a business, just like the real estate business and the automobile industry. Disney is not a charity. The reason Disney offers less discounts and can continue to raise prices is because people are willing to pay it. The proof is that even the "slow season" of September and October is much busier now than it use to be. Not only are more people coming during this time, they are willing to pay an additional fee for the Halloween Party.

The bottom line is this, If you are not happy with the cost of a Disney vacation, don't go. The fact is the majority of the people complaining on these boards have been to Disney in the past and will go to Disney again in the future. Stop complaining and realize how fortunate you are. Instead of continuing to complain, share your positive tips and experiences with people who are hoping to be able to some day visit Disney for the first time and those of us who can't wait to go back.

Jon81uk

3 or 5 hours its still too expensive for us for when we have already paid for the day. For my family it would $579 to do the Halloween party. We would love to do it, but we are not spending that kind of money on it.

I assume you already have your park tickets booked then?
You could see the Halloween Party as eight hours in the park for the party ticket price and spend the rest of the day elsewhere. So have a lie-in, swim at your resort or shop at Disney Springs then arrive at Magic Kingdom at 4pm for the party. You can then buy one days less tickets.

Checkitout

I assume you already have your park tickets booked then?
You could see the Halloween Party as eight hours in the park for the party ticket price and spend the rest of the day elsewhere. So have a lie-in, swim at your resort or shop at Disney Springs then arrive at Magic Kingdom at 4pm for the party. You can then buy one days less tickets.
Yes we have already bought the tickets back in February before they went up this year. But buying a extra day would be only $90 extra in comparison to $579.

Wdw62114

All tickets go on sale tomorrow, 5/5/16:

MICKEY’S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY 2015

• November 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 27, 29
  • December 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 22
November 10, 13 – $86.00 plus tax age 10+, $81.00 plus tax age 3-9 in advance, $91.00/$86 same-day

November 18, 27, 29, December 2, 4, 6, 8, 11, 13 – $92.00 plus tax age 10+, $97.00 plus tax age 3-9 in advance, $96/$91.00 same-day

November 7, 8, 11, 15, December 1 – $91.00 plus tax age 10+, $86.00 plus tax age 3-9

December 9, 15 – $96.00 plus tax age 10+, $91.00 plus tax age 3-9

December 16, 18, 22 – $99.00 plus tax age 10+, $94.00 plus tax age 3-9

Passholder Rates available 11/7, 8, 11, 15; 12/1, 11, & 13 – Rates are $74-$84 plus tax depending on night. DVC members also have discounts on additional nights (including all dates APs are entitled to) 11/10, 13, 18, 27, 29, & 12/6 ranging between $74-89 plus tax.

Well at $99/person, at least for the Christmas party I get to travel back in time

Pete Lucia

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/happy-hallowishes-dessert-package/[/QUOTE]
I have been reading these message boards for a long time, but have never felt the need post a comment until now. I keep reading comments from people complaining about how expensive it is to go to Disney and that the cost for everything at Disney keeps going up. I don't understand why so many people think that a Disney vacation is a right and that it should be affordable to everyone.

Everyone should have a place to live and food on the table, but that doesn't mean everyone can afford to have a fancy house and steak every night for dinner. Not everyone can afford a nice car or even new clothing and not everyone can afford the luxury of a vacation. Because that's what a vacation is, a LUXURY. For years our vacation was visiting family or a few days at the beach because that's what we could afford. I didn't go online and complain about Disney being too expensive, we knew we couldn't afford it at that time (just like we knew we couldn't afford a new car at that time). Now that we can afford nicer vacations, we do go to Disney each year and are fine with the price we pay.

The other complaint I see on these boards all the time is about the crowds. If everyone could afford to take a Disney vacation, imagine how horrible the crowds would be and how difficult it would be to even get a reservation or tickets to the parks.

Disney is a business, just like the real estate business and the automobile industry. Disney is not a charity. The reason Disney offers less discounts and can continue to raise prices is because people are willing to pay it. The proof is that even the "slow season" of September and October is much busier now than it use to be. Not only are more people coming during this time, they are willing to pay an additional fee for the Halloween Party.

The bottom line is this, If you are not happy with the cost of a Disney vacation, don't go. The fact is the majority of the people complaining on these boards have been to Disney in the past and will go to Disney again in the future. Stop complaining and realize how fortunate you are. Instead of continuing to complain, share your positive tips and experiences with people who are hoping to be able to some day visit Disney for the first time and those of us who can't wait to go back.

I couldn't have said it any better. Travelling from over 1000 miles away, we can't wait to get to WDW. Prices go up but we aren't going to let a $10, $20 or more increase stop us from enjoying ourselves at a place far superior to all the other amusement parks in the world! If you feel it is now too expensive, simple, don't go. We will be there, having a great time and planning our next trip!

Crystal J

I am officially out - they are a business and can raise prices, but this priced me out of it. I am a single engineer / photographer just paying for 1 person and I no longer see the value.

In 2014 I paid $67 for the Halloween party the Sunday before Halloween, the same date in 2015 was $74 and now it is $91 (or $18.20 per hour - I have an AP so 4 PM entry means nothing to me). A 1-day MK ticket for the Wednesday of that week is $110 or $10 per hour (open 9 AM - 10 PM).

For the Christmas party I went the 1st Tuesday in December in 2013 and it was $62 ($58 with the AP discount), up to $74 in '15 and now it is $92 for the same date and no AP discount the week I normally go.

If they still sell it out - great for them. I was unsure if it was worth it when it was prices in the $60s, now I know it is not worth it.

andysol

Disney is a business, just like the real estate business and the automobile industry. Disney is not a charity.
tumblr_mg8d4plWWm1rkffv3o1_250.gif

Thank you for enlightening us- It makes total sense now- they aren't a charity, got it.
I think that's where we were all misinformed.

DisneyDreamer08

I don't necessarily disagree with Jenn, I don't find a Disney vacation to be that expensive compared to say, a week in the summer on Cape Cod. At Disney you can easily get a room at a Value for 100 bucks, thats not bad. I think the tickets are a tad pricey, but again, not too over the top. Air fare is a whole other story but that's not Disney's fault. Food prices are on par with other theme park, stadiums etc. If you wanted to do a budget trip (which we have) its possible. However, all these crazy up charge events are what gets me. Literally hundreds of dollars for a family to go to a party for a few hours (on top of the regular admission) is absurd. I really think they are pricing out families with these events. Maybe for a couple with no kids the price isn't bad but a family of 5 or 6? Yowser.

GiveMeTheMusic

You have completely misread why people are upset. Disney offered a superior product, as recently as a few years ago, for a substantially lower price. Price increases now accompany, in almost all cases, quality decreases. Everyone knows Disney is a business and that all who visit are hashtag privileged, but anyone who's been visiting for longer than 10 minutes knows what the place is capable of and that Disney doesn't even hold itself to its own formerly lofty standards. THAT'S the issue.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Your message doesn't seem to suggest you've been to a party and tried to see a parade, castle show, fireworks, or get a treat. You know, the things people are paying for. No one in his right mind is paying $100/person extra for Peter Pan's Flight.

I had no problems at any parties through 2015 seeing the parade, fireworks, shows, trick or treating, and waiting for meet and greets at MNSSHP. Also went to many MVMCP with no issues eventhough the parties we did were sold out parties. I don't know why people had problems I haven't had any and we were at sold out parties last year and the past several years prior! This past year 2015 (sold out our night) MNSSHP (even went on Halloween night in 2014), We saw the parade, saw the fireworks, trick or treated and got tons of candy with no long lines, met 7 drarves (that was the only thing we had to wait in in a long for and that was only 45min), saw the 12am (yep they show one at the end of the night) showing of the new Hocus Pocus show. So all the people missing these things I don't understand how! We never even waited to get a spot for the fireworks and parades either. We always do the second parade and trick or treat after that which works awesome no lines and great view for the parade. And no we did not cut in front of anyone at the last minute either we are always polite we are short folks anyway but still are always polite and don't cut. :)

Last edited:

Seanual757

Well we planned to go on 10/14 for our October trip but we will go on 10/13 save $100 (using our DVC membership vs. Florida resident discount) and still check in the next day and just enjoy the parks then. Pretty darn crazy on that price increase.

alissafalco

I had no problems at any parties through 2015 seeing the parade, fireworks, shows, trick or treating, and waiting for meet and greets at MNSSHP. Also went to many MVMCP with no issues eventhough the parties we did were sold out parties. I don't know why people had problems I haven't had any and we were at sold out parties last year and the past several years prior! This past year 2015 (sold out our night) MNSSHP (even went on Halloween night in 2014), We saw the parade, saw the fireworks, trick or treated and got tons of candy with no long lines, met 7 drarves (that was the only thing we had to wait in in a long for and that was only 45min), saw the 12am (yep they show one at the end of the night) showing of the new Hocus Pocus show. So all the people missing these things I don't understand how! We never even waited to get a spot for the fireworks and parades either. We always do the second parade and trick or treat after that which works awesome no lines and great view for the parade. And no we did not cut in front of anyone at the last minute either we are always polite we are short folks anyway but still are always polite and don't cut. :)
I agree with you about the enjoyment of the parties. Ive been to both Christmas and halloween parties and enjoyed them both very much. However, I thought the price was steep for me then. I just think its too high for me now, but thats just me.

AEfx

I have been reading these message boards for a long time, but have never felt the need post a comment until now.

So you choose to make your first post as a rant criticizing the members who actually participate, as your introduction to the community?

Classy!

I keep reading comments from people complaining about how expensive it is to go to Disney and that the cost for everything at Disney keeps going up. I don't understand why so many people think that a Disney vacation is a right and that it should be affordable to everyone.

You may be reading, but you are correct, you are not understanding.

People aren't whining "I'm too poor to go to WDW" - you are projecting that.

What people comment on is:

1) The fact that costs have skyrocketed WAY past "customary and expected" - in this case, these tickets have DOUBLED in price over the past ten years. Not many things (even entertainment products) have increased in price so exponentially quickly.

2) At the same time, the quality of service received for those massively higher dollar amounts is LESS.

People are paying much more and getting less.

You are way off base with your almost politically driven assumptions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom