MNSSHP and MVMCP 2016 prices released

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I agree with you about the enjoyment of the parties. Ive been to both Christmas and halloween parties and enjoyed them both very much. However, I thought the price was steep for me then. I just think its too high for me now, but thats just me.

And that's okay if you can't or don't want to due to the higher prices. That I totally understand. The people that complain they can't do all the party has to offer as they say it's gotten more crowded are the folks I don't understand. Lol We have been attending parties almost every year from 2008-2015 and always had a wonderful time and got to experience all the parties had to offer even if the crowds maybe got slightly higher. ;)

draybook

I have been reading these message boards for a long time, but have never felt the need post a comment until now. I keep reading comments from people complaining about how expensive it is to go to Disney and that the cost for everything at Disney keeps going up. I don't understand why so many people think that a Disney vacation is a right and that it should be affordable to everyone.

Everyone should have a place to live and food on the table, but that doesn't mean everyone can afford to have a fancy house and steak every night for dinner. Not everyone can afford a nice car or even new clothing and not everyone can afford the luxury of a vacation. Because that's what a vacation is, a LUXURY. For years our vacation was visiting family or a few days at the beach because that's what we could afford. I didn't go online and complain about Disney being too expensive, we knew we couldn't afford it at that time (just like we knew we couldn't afford a new car at that time). Now that we can afford nicer vacations, we do go to Disney each year and are fine with the price we pay.

The other complaint I see on these boards all the time is about the crowds. If everyone could afford to take a Disney vacation, imagine how horrible the crowds would be and how difficult it would be to even get a reservation or tickets to the parks.

Disney is a business, just like the real estate business and the automobile industry. Disney is not a charity. The reason Disney offers less discounts and can continue to raise prices is because people are willing to pay it. The proof is that even the "slow season" of September and October is much busier now than it use to be. Not only are more people coming during this time, they are willing to pay an additional fee for the Halloween Party.

The bottom line is this, If you are not happy with the cost of a Disney vacation, don't go. The fact is the majority of the people complaining on these boards have been to Disney in the past and will go to Disney again in the future. Stop complaining and realize how fortunate you are. Instead of continuing to complain, share your positive tips and experiences with people who are hoping to be able to some day visit Disney for the first time and those of us who can't wait to go back.

I'm going to skip every post after yours so that I may address your statement. Here's the deal. We complain because we care. Your little theory of "suck it up or move on" is exactly what we need LESS. If people simply moved on without giving feedback then companies wouldn't know what to improve on.

We've only been going since 2008, but we have trip #14 coming up and we can tell the difference in quality and value in our short time as visitors.

Dizz Fan '99

My wife, 2 kids and I are going to the Halloween party on October 2nd. We can enjoy the Halloween party and Magic Kingdom for a cost of $361 and get 8 hours of fun. Comparing this to a cost of a single day ticket for the four of us it would be $434 and get 10 hours of fun. In my opinion the Halloween party is a much better value, but I admit we are in the frame of mind that we will go no matter the cost since we go every year.

DisneyDreamer08

How many people actually buy one day tickets though? Most people (I would think) are purchasing 4, 5, 6, 7 day tickets so adding one day, vs buying X amount of Halloween party tickets is not nearly as comparable. Glad it worked for you though.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
How many people actually buy one day tickets though? Most people (I would think) are purchasing 4, 5, 6, 7 day tickets so adding one day, vs buying X amount of Halloween party tickets is not nearly as comparable. Glad it worked for you though.

a lot apparently as everyone around here was really upset when they started flexing the price of 1 day tickets...and that DHS is still at full ticket price

ToTBellHop

My wife, 2 kids and I are going to the Halloween party on October 2nd. We can enjoy the Halloween party and Magic Kingdom for a cost of $361 and get 8 hours of fun. Comparing this to a cost of a single day ticket for the four of us it would be $434 and get 10 hours of fun. In my opinion the Halloween party is a much better value, but I admit we are in the frame of mind that we will go no matter the cost since we go every year.
You do realize you could visit MK the very next day for 13 hours for $434, right?

The defenders here who think an increase of up to 25% in one year is anything other than sickening must be smoking some pretty strong pixie dust. I'll pay it because we planned a vacation around it just like I'll still come in 12 days on my "Star Wars Weekends Trip." But it makes me less likely to plan subsequent October trips. Eventually these antics will cost the company repeat visitors.

mgpan

I'm glad the parties work for some economically. With school and work schedules we can only go at certain times. One of the October weeks is one of those times, and over our 5 day stay, the MK closes at 7, not once or twice, but three times for the party. That's right three out of five nights. Not only then do i have less MK hours, not because of low crowds etc. but just for a separate hard ticket event. You also have to add in that, yes, you do get more than just the 5 hours (7 p.m. to midnight) that the ticket supposedly pays for. Again, great if its in your budget that you can go and get in at 4 p.m. to get those extra hours. But now, the limited hours i now have are even harder to tour because of the extra crowds, not from the daytime buy from the early entries.

jhastings74

I can easily see both sides of the issue here, but I like what another member recently said in a different thread. Essentially, it's not a matter of how much or how little it costs, or how amazing or dull the quality is. If something costs more, then you simply decide if it's worth it to you, then you SAVE for it. Plan it into your budget. If paying an extra $25 a ticket for a family of four means finding a way to put aside that extra $100 before my trip than I had originally budgeted for, I would simply plan for it. If I'm planning a trip a year out, and if I feel the extra event is worth the money, I'll save for it, put $10 a month aside ($2.50 a week? I can find a way to do that) for the added cost to the tickets from previous years' prices, and really not complain at all about it. If I feel that the quality of the event isn't worth the price, I'll look at some other offerings around property. There are two different debates going on: One is about whether the quality of the event has decreased, and the other is about the raised prices. It is really quite easy to argue all sides on this. So really, if it's an event I enjoy, and with my knowledge of Disney and their prices, I'm not going to really sweat paying the extra. As I told my wife before our trip last Dec., you are going to ruin the enjoyment of the trip if you go onto property thinking, "This burger/bottle of water/churro/parking fee/park ticket is HOW much???", so accept the reality of the prices and plan accordingly. But NOBODY'S opinion is really wrong in this matter.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm glad the parties work for some economically. With school and work schedules we can only go at certain times. One of the October weeks is one of those times, and over our 5 day stay, the MK closes at 7, not once or twice, but three times for the party. That's right three out of five nights. Not only then do i have less MK hours, not because of low crowds etc. but just for a separate hard ticket event. You also have to add in that, yes, you do get more than just the 5 hours (7 p.m. to midnight) that the ticket supposedly pays for. Again, great if its in your budget that you can go and get in at 4 p.m. to get those extra hours. But now, the limited hours i now have are even harder to tour because of the extra crowds, not from the daytime buy from the early entries.

It is definitely a balancing act. These events are in high demand, but the question is then how many days do you want to affect normal park hours?

Soarin' Over Pgh

It'll be the first- and probably last- time I'll be in WDW near Xmas time. I've never been to MVMCP... so I'm pretty geeked.

The expense of this vacation is breaking my spirits. It's starting to look like I'm going to have to pick a coast (sorry, WDW, you lose.) for when SW 'land' opens and not hit both, as I originally intended, if prices keep increasing and my pay doesn't. If it's this expensive now, I shudder to imagine what it'll cost in 3-5 years when the Star Wars stuff is done and ready to open.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm going to skip every post after yours so that I may address your statement. Here's the deal. We complain because we care. Your little theory of "suck it up or move on" is exactly what we need LESS. If people simply moved on without giving feedback then companies wouldn't know what to improve on.

We've only been going since 2008, but we have trip #14 coming up and we can tell the difference in quality and value in our short time as visitors.

Since you have only been visiting since 2008 and you have noticed a decline imagine what those of us who have been visiting since the 80s see as a decline

PhotoDave219

I have been reading these message boards for a long time, but have never felt the need post a comment until now. I keep reading comments from people complaining about how expensive it is to go to Disney and that the cost for everything at Disney keeps going up. I don't understand why so many people think that a Disney vacation is a right and that it should be affordable to everyone.

Everyone should have a place to live and food on the table, but that doesn't mean everyone can afford to have a fancy house and steak every night for dinner. Not everyone can afford a nice car or even new clothing and not everyone can afford the luxury of a vacation. Because that's what a vacation is, a LUXURY. For years our vacation was visiting family or a few days at the beach because that's what we could afford. I didn't go online and complain about Disney being too expensive, we knew we couldn't afford it at that time (just like we knew we couldn't afford a new car at that time). Now that we can afford nicer vacations, we do go to Disney each year and are fine with the price we pay.

The other complaint I see on these boards all the time is about the crowds. If everyone could afford to take a Disney vacation, imagine how horrible the crowds would be and how difficult it would be to even get a reservation or tickets to the parks.

Disney is a business, just like the real estate business and the automobile industry. Disney is not a charity. The reason Disney offers less discounts and can continue to raise prices is because people are willing to pay it. The proof is that even the "slow season" of September and October is much busier now than it use to be. Not only are more people coming during this time, they are willing to pay an additional fee for the Halloween Party.

The bottom line is this, If you are not happy with the cost of a Disney vacation, don't go. The fact is the majority of the people complaining on these boards have been to Disney in the past and will go to Disney again in the future. Stop complaining and realize how fortunate you are. Instead of continuing to complain, share your positive tips and experiences with people who are hoping to be able to some day visit Disney for the first time and those of us who can't wait to go back.

Just because something is a business doesn't mean you have to be unpleasant to your customer base.... Its not a justification for treating people poorly.

cslafferty

Original Poster
This . . . exactly. Our favorite park is MK and on 4 of the 6 nights we're there we will have to leave at 7pm and deal with the growing crowds after 4pm. I'm glad it works for the single day visitors, but for most of the families vacationing for several days, and who have saved and budgeted our butts off all year just to be there, we get screwed. And the whole "not everyone can afford WDW, and that's just the way it is," argument goes against the whole premice of why Walt built the parks in he first place - a place where anyone can bring their family and have fun together. There are plenty of vacations I can't afford. But, in a matter of a few brief years, the WDW vacation we have become a custom to has moved beyond our grasp. We have moved from delux, to moderate, to value - all in trying to stay on property to retain the quickly-dwindling resort guest perks. The next step will be staying off property so we can afford the growing list of add-ons.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Is that a copy and paste post or was it dictated by the ubber fan boy committee by proxy.
Talk about clichéd. Still the dusters will be thraping themselves into a frenzy of corporate loyalty oh Disney only a %20 hike in price, you are really spoiling us.

805197.jpg

BaconPancakes

I'll be there the 25th and I'm happy as a clam they're raising prices. Hopefully this will weed out the honey boo boo crowd and diminish the amount of people.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm beginning to wonder if those families that still want to go to this as these prices MAY begin to consider 1 less day of park tickets and use that at the resort by the pool etc and then just go to the party at 4 when they can get in.

If that happens that is a win lose equation for Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom