MK very very busy last night

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just returned from the MK, and am happy to report that it was VERY VERY busy last night. The park was so busy that they opened up the Main Street bypass and were allowing guests to use it in both directions, to get from Town Square into the park, and exiting the park.

No sign of any significant attendance reduction this holiday - so far.

devoy1701

it's been crazy crowded for a couple weeks now! I was there on 12/13....so much for the value season being a slow season anymore! I guess the recession won't go into effect at WDW until 2009.

Seriously it took us an hour to get from Tomorrowland to the park Exit last week and that was still 2 hours before closing!

The bypass was open then, and it was one way going into the park using the walkway through the noodle station and the walkway infront of the Crystal Palace.

Crazy!

:brick:

jt04

They should either promote or fire the person who came up with the whole "castle lights" project. That is what is drawing in the crowds (who absolutely love it) and they didn't even have to hire any "unionized entertainers". :rolleyes: Sorry 74, I couldn't resist.

disneydata

The Main Street Bypass will be in use every day until New Years Day. It is busier than last year as the estimates have been low every single day for the last week.

Figment1986

strange.. it didn't feel that extra crowded yesterday when i was the park than a summer day... then again the only attraction i road on was Dumbo :lookaroun other than that i took my time looking at shows and other entertainment,

Disneyg00n

So just out of morbid curiosity, what are crowds usually like in the first full week of January?

(We get into Orlando on the 2nd...likely to hit MK on the 4th...)

Expo_Seeker40

I'm going to Epcot and the Mk the 5th and 6th of january and I've gone during January the past 3 years

you'll notice a difference in that a ton of the holiday crowds will have left and checked out and a gradual removal of the x-mas decorations

it will be alright, breathing room, manageable

but there will be folks checking in for the marathon at the end of the week

but still nothing too crazy like summer or holiday crowds

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The Main Street Bypass will be in use every day until New Years Day. It is busier than last year as the estimates have been low every single day for the last week.

Interesting that it's busier than last year. Will be interesting to see how things are in Jan, fingers crossed things are better than forecast.

MissM

Saturday was VERY busy. TTA had a corral set up before you got to the ramps just to wind people around. CoP queue area was packed and the theater was probably 60-70% full when I saw it. The monorails were being filled to squish-levels and still there were HUGE lines all day long.

The weird thing was that the Fast Passes were giving one hour returns, even if the standby had an 80-minute wait time. I think they upped the FP distribution numbers because they had extended lines for FP return on many rides (including looping through several rows of corrals in Big Thunder for example) So you got to return in an hour, but you returned to a line.

Definitely a very busy holiday season. It wasn't NYE busy because you could still get into a restroom without waiting 30 minutes, but still, very crowded overall.

Disneyson 1

Ya know, SOMEONE'S going to come on here and rant about how if people come, then no improvements will be made, and MK is stuck in always being the same besides Pixar, blah blah blah. Just warning you guys.

kc1296426

OMG they took people BACKSTAGE behind main street? How could they ruin the Disney storyline like this? This is horrible, it's like they don't care about having a good show anymore! It's all about B-Mode, the short way out, and about money... this isn't SIX FLAGS, this is DISNEY.

... Just kidding guys. heh.

epcotWSC

Ya know, SOMEONE'S going to come on here and rant about how if people come, then no improvements will be made, and MK is stuck in always being the same besides Pixar, blah blah blah. Just warning you guys.

I think that if there was actually high attendance then they'd be more likely to do stuff because funds wouldn't be so tight. Everything that's planned wouldn't go on hold like everyone's saying.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
We were there all last week and crowds weren't unmanageable..It was a little crowded at the MK on Monday but it was Spectro and EMH night....Usually we go the week before and the crowds are better that week...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom