MK Main Gates getting new look! (Photo)

wdw71fan

Original Poster

Now you have me doubting myself.. I'll drive past again today to be sure, but to me it looked like it was being put in, not taking it out..

I'll verify in a little while..

razza1987

I'm confused. How is it different? Can someone put a before and after shot for newbies like me lol. I feel so stupid *runs and hides*

Rob562

I'm confused. How is it different? Can someone put a before and after shot for newbies like me lol. I feel so stupid *runs and hides*

In the first pic of the thread, the blue on the left end of the plaza is the new color scheme, where the pink on the right is the old. It's unclear what will be done with the sign at the top.

As for the road sign, we're waiting to hear. It's possible that the old one was faded, damaged or worn and they were simply replacing it with a new copy of the old sign.

-Rob

razza1987

In the first pic of the thread, the blue on the left end of the plaza is the new color scheme, where the pink on the right is the old. It's unclear what will be done with the sign at the top.

As for the road sign, we're waiting to hear. It's possible that the old one was faded, damaged or worn and they were simply replacing it with a new copy of the old sign.

-Rob

Thank you so much for the explanation. Now I know what I'm looking at lol.

I appreciate you answering my question :)

DDPGambit

If you look at the sign in Google Maps, where it says Bus Parking is in a much brighter white than the rest of the text. It appears as if they are just putting in a refreshed version of the sign that looks more uniform.

wdw71fan

Original Poster
Exactly! ... Verified it today.. That was the new sign going in... the sign is also slightly taller, and has a breakaway base tat the other sign did not have.

Cosmic Commando

Those signs do get worn out sometimes, @KevinYee had an article (gosh, maybe a few years ago now? I feel old) about some of the street/directional signs on property that had the graphic peeling off of them. Good for them for fixing it before somebody started the "Generic Cups, and Blank Napkins, and now Blank Street Signs, Too!!!1!!" thread.

blank-street-sign-psd15441.png

JWG

So, those right 3 lanes remain pink - think they'll force those lanes to the resorts? And finally help stop criss-cross traffic and near death experiences trying to get to the resorts against MK parkers?

It seems odd that they've continued to not paint the far right - makes me think it's staying.

wdweric2.0

I like the idea of designated lanes like that, I just dont like the pink. I think they could paint them the gold color and it would look a lot nicer.

JungleTrekFan

A4NI3UWCUAMEpJe.jpg
Tom Corless on ***** just posted a pic on twitter and facebook,now the top of the sign is golden in color.

OoOoOo That is gona look really nice when their finished. But i think disney in general loves the color blue and gold. Their nice colors and disney knows the exact shades of each to make it work best but they sure do use it as much as possible.

And I doubt that the right three lanes will stay pink, they are just the three lanes they leave open at night and with busses and cars going to to work and to the MK and the resorts 24/7 they just haven’t shut don’t those lanes yet. Much easier to paint lanes that are closed then ones with traffic still going under it.

jrh1985

OoOoOo That is gona look really nice when their finished. But i think disney in general loves the color blue and gold. Their nice colors and disney knows the exact shades of each to make it work best but they sure do use it as much as possible.

And I doubt that the right three lanes will stay pink, they are just the three lanes they leave open at night and with busses and cars going to to work and to the MK and the resorts 24/7 they just haven’t shut don’t those lanes yet. Much easier to paint lanes that are closed then ones with traffic still going under it.

How can they shut down the lanes if they need to be open 24/7??? Then again, I've always wondered how they got the current Marquee up from the way it looked back in Martin's Transportation Video in 1990 without causing major traffic issues. Anyone know how they did it???

As for the New Look.... LOVE IT!! Does this mean that new colors could be coming to the guidemaps and times guides? Maybe even new styles of Times Guides?

Rob562

How can they shut down the lanes if they need to be open 24/7??? Then again, I've always wondered how they got the current Marquee up from the way it looked back in Martin's Transportation Video in 1990 without causing major traffic issues. Anyone know how they did it???

As for the New Look.... LOVE IT!! Does this mean that new colors could be coming to the guidemaps and times guides? Maybe even new styles of Times Guides?

With enough manpower, they could easily have the remaining lanes painted in a single overnight period. They just have to choose a night where the MK closes early and there isn't a Party going on. With enough cones and signs, they could direct the minimal overnight traffic through the right-most finished lanes for a few hours. Construction zones on highways zig-zag cars with less room than they have.

If they really had to, they could take down the barriers at the entrance to that side drive that scoots over to Vista Blvd, and then make the traffic turn left-and-then-right to get back onto World Drive.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=28.393373,-81.569785&spn=0.007145,0.009645&t=k&z=17

-Rob

wdw71fan

Original Poster
The blue color scheme now stretches all the way to the other end of the toll plaza.... backside of the signage at the top needs to be repainted (still pink/purple) and a couple of things to be added, and then it's done ;)

luv

I liked the pink. All the parks have colors in my world. MK is pink, so I always liked the toll booth being pink. Blue blends too much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom