MK Entertainment rumors

spectrodanny

if that is true about the repaving, a Town Square-Fantasyland parade route could be feasable for DEP as those floats arn't as big as Spectro's and i seem to recall reading somewhere that when MSEP was in Florida originally they did do that at some point in the 80''s for some reason.

spectrodanny

If this is true, why not move the electrical parade to Hollywood Studios while Fantasmic is under refurbishment to keep guests there after dark.

Now that could work. and even though they'd have to change the opening & closing announcements they wouldn't need to re-record them, just borrow the ones DCA used.

mm52200

That really would be a good idea like others have said to bring MSEP to DHS. WDW will be missing two of it's big nighttime entertainment offerings during this time and it would make a lot of sense to bring MSEP to DHS. The route is certainly wide enough for the floats, the only potential problem I'm sure is float storage. Does anyone know how big the float storage area at DHS is?

RSoxNo1

Rumors-

-Frontierland will be getting repaved in mid January into February. During this time DEP will be dark. Once the first of March rolls around DEP should be running every night. I would expect CDCT parade to follow the route around the hub and come back down Main St.

While it's not on the schedule, would it make sense for them to close Thunder and Splash for an overlapping month while this is going on? Otherwise you'll be going through refurb walls just to get to Splash?

Magenta Panther

Rumors-

-On February 29th it sounds like Magic Kingdom will be open for 24 hours straight.

-Frontierland will be getting repaved in mid January into February. During this time DEP will be dark. Once the first of March rolls around DEP should be running every night. I would expect CDCT parade to follow the route around the hub and come back down Main St.

-I've also heard there are still plans for some different characters back in Fantasyland/Pete's Silly Sideshow. Hopefully, those are true.

I hope one of them's Oswald!

Scuttle

While it's not on the schedule, would it make sense for them to close Thunder and Splash for an overlapping month while this is going on? Otherwise you'll be going through refurb walls just to get to Splash?

Yes, I actually had the same thought. I think it's a possibility.

Figment1986

if MK is open for 24 hours on that day.... would the CMs get mad if we see HOP to take a nap, or ride TTA a few laps to get a nap ;)

mpaul32001

if that is true about the repaving, a Town Square-Fantasyland parade route could be feasable for DEP as those floats arn't as big as Spectro's and i seem to recall reading somewhere that when MSEP was in Florida originally they did do that at some point in the 80''s for some reason.

Seeing as the Fantasyland Gate doesn't exist right now due to construction, I'd say that's out the window. Nice idea though!

Brian Noble

I already have a trip planned---at VWL---for the week that includes Leap Day. I know this is still a rumor, but...fun if it comes to pass!

asianway

Anyone going to do a coast to coast leap day challenge? Start at WDW at midnight, hop on a 10am flight, then round out the day at DL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom