MK Entertainment rumors

drew81

Original Poster
Rumors-

-On February 29th it sounds like Magic Kingdom will be open for 24 hours straight.

-Frontierland will be getting repaved in mid January into February. During this time DEP will be dark. Once the first of March rolls around DEP should be running every night. I would expect CDCT parade to follow the route around the hub and come back down Main St.

-I've also heard there are still plans for some different characters back in Fantasyland/Pete's Silly Sideshow. Hopefully, those are true.

menamechris

Interesting about the being open 24 hours on February 29. I wonder if they will be offering anything to encourge people to be there at 4am? Haha. I love the Magic Kingdom - but I would need some incentive to be there in the late night/wee morning hours like that...

kennygman

Rumors-

-On February 29th it sounds like Magic Kingdom will be open for 24 hours straight.

-Frontierland will be getting repaved in mid January into February. During this time DEP will be dark. Once the first of March rolls around DEP should be running every night. I would expect CDCT parade to follow the route around the hub and come back down Main St.

-I've also heard there are still plans for some different characters back in Fantasyland/Pete's Silly Sideshow. Hopefully, those are true.

The current schedule for Feb 29th is 9am to 8pm.

djkidkaz

Rumors-

Ok so there is your NYE announcement. The MK will be open for 24 hrs on leap year day.

Florida_is_hot

Several years ago during Christmas the MK was open until 2am and they offered 3 hours to Disney Resort Guests. The next day ??? they opened 7am (almost 24 hours)

It was a very exhausting long a cold night but it was kind of interesting 3 in the morning you walked on and off everything that was open.

I can not picture them open straight 24 hours do they not need to clear the park at least a few hours so they can pull out trucks and do necessary maintenance.

midwest_mice

Rumors-

If this is true, why not move the electrical parade to Hollywood Studios while Fantasmic is under refurbishment to keep guests there after dark.

XS-Spence

Rumors-

Sounds like a custodial nightmare, without 3rd Shift the park would be a HORRIBLE mess the next day.

It needs it, Adventureland too. Cracked concrete and drainage problems everywhere. I'm quite sure it'll be done in sections, like the exterior refurbishment of Frontierland is doing (which looks great by the way).

wsmith1978

I really, really hope the repaving rumor isn't true. I'm taking my parents there Feb 11-19, they've never been before, and I really want them to experience Frontierland the way it should be. It's my favorite part of MK. :mad:

And if I'm reading this correctly and DEP won't be running the entire month of February... then :( :( :( :( :(

mickey2008.1

That would be really cool. We've been there at 2am, and the place was empty. I would sleep all day and then play all night. The pictures one could get. And no waits. It really is beautiful at night there, as long as it's not 25 degrees like it was for us last year in december.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom