MJ's Family of Friends

DisneyBunny

Pongo said:
Two years ago when I went in for a physical, I came out with an appointment for an echocardiogram! :dazzle:

That's when I found out I had a mild, non-threatening heat murmur.

Bah.

I'm already getting shaky.

I went in for a routine check and ended up having an ultrasound, an MRI and now surgery. You never know. It's better to err on the side of caution when it comes to your health.

MommytoMJM

barnum42 said:
*Pokes nose into the MJ thread* :wave:

Dot and Betty sent out message to see where I've been. Busy with work and a charity concert in Bradford.

I still bounce in and out on a regular basis, but so much gets posted in some of the threads it's impossible to keep up.

The concert in Bradford was for WaterAid. http://www.wateraid.org.uk/uk/ The musically inclined members at work went up as a band to do a few numbers. The event was held at one of our customer's sites (Yorkshire Water). We did a repeat of the show back home in Bristol last week.

FLYING TACKLES!!!! Joe's here! So glad to see you! Don't bother trying to keep up, we just like to see your cute face (so to speak)

Part of MJ's site is up id you'd like to see our TR! pics they are up too!

MommytoMJM

Pongo said:
Oy, off to the doctor's for a physical.

(I HATE going to the doctor with the passion of a million burning flames. Seriosuly. I hate the doctor. A lot)

Then I'm wroking from 5:30-9:15ish. Anyone want me to bring them some popcorn? Pretzel? A pizza maybe? :lookaroun

Pretzel please!!!!

See you after wrok!

Nemo14

Original Poster
Well, we're bickering again (surprising isn't it). I think I'll send them outside to play.....hehehe

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
I have one too....

Wow!
It's an epidemic.
Luckily, they're not often a problem.

Story:
When we took our 3 day old daughter to our family doctor for her first checkup (George's idea. He just felt we should. :lookaroun ) he listened to her heart, turned to us and said, "They sent her home from the hospital like this?"

:eek:

Needless to say, our world turned upside-down in the blink of an eye! He told us she had a heart murmur (we had no idea, at this point). He ranted and carried on about the inept doctors at the hospital and had us worked up into an absolute terror. We made an appointment with a cardiologist, who, after examining the baby, assured us she was fine. . .told us the reason the docs at the hospital didn't pick up on it was because it probably didn't even develop until she was home (They often don't. Who knew?!). . .and told us it would more than likely close up on it's own in 6 months time (it did!)

We changed family doctors. :lookaroun
Can you imagine what we went through in the time between seeing that idiot and the cardiologist?! I think we both aged 10 years!

barnum42

KITCHEN SINK!

145432713_a1a286f429.jpg

Thant should keep certain folk quiet for a bit :D

DisneyBunny

Uponastar said:
Wow!
It's an epidemic.

Story:
When we took our 3 day old daughter to our family doctor for her first checkup (George's idea. He just felt we should. :lookaroun ) he listened to her heart, turned to us and said, "They sent her home from the hospital like this?"

Needless to say, our world turned upside-down in the blink of an eye! He told us she had a heart murmur (we had no idea, at this point). He ranted and carried on about the inept doctors at the hospital and had us worked up into an absolute terror. We made an appointment with a cardiologist, who, after examining the baby, assured us she was fine. . .told us the reason the docs at the hospital didn't pick up on it was because it probably didn't even develop until she was home (They often don't. Who knew?!). . .and told us it would more than likely close up on it's own in 6 months time (it did!)

Can you imagine what we went through in the time between seeing that idiot and the cardiologist?! I think we both aged 10 years!

Yes. Yes I can. It's a sobering, tiring, exhausting thing, and it drains you of any energy. I'm sorry you had to go through that!

Nemo14

Original Poster
Uponastar said:
Wow!
It's an epidemic.

Story:

When DD was about 6 months old, I noticed a swelling on her neck, and our pediatrician was away. I took her to the Dr who was covering for him, and he immediately asked us who our family surgeon was. Talk about scarey! We didn't have one, so fortunately he referred us to a very good one who took one look at her and determined it was Cat Scratch Fever, and needed no surgery of any kind.

Fantasmic!329

Pongo said:
Oy, off to the doctor's for a physical.

(I HATE going to the doctor with the passion of a million burning flames. Seriosuly. I hate the doctor. A lot)

Then I'm wroking from 5:30-9:15ish. Anyone want me to bring them some popcorn? Pretzel? A pizza maybe? :lookaroun
Good luck! Or hope you had good luck if you're back.

Last year, I had to go get X-Rays on my back (slight scoliosis) and blood work (high cholestrol.)

I go for my check up on the 15th. And the orthodontist (no braces, just check-up, as I have an extremely small mouth, and work might have to be done :rolleyes:) and the eye doctor. What a great day that'll be!

Hi all! Didn't check in yet...

MommytoMJM

I can imagine what you went through too Dottie! Happens everytime something new goes wrong with MJ, it stinks (can't put how I really feel about it here)

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
When DD was about 6 months old, I noticed a swelling on her neck, and our pediatrician was away. I took her to the Dr who was covering for him, and he immediately asked us who our family surgeon was. Talk about scarey! We didn't have one, so fortunately he referred us to a very good one who took one look at her and determined it was Cat Scratch Fever, and needed no surgery of any kind.

Doctors can be so callous. :fork:
Sometimes they just don't realize that this is everyday stuff for them, but for the patient it's life-altering!

Uponastar

Fantasmic!329 said:
Good luck! Or hope you had good luck if you're back.

Last year, I had to go get X-Rays on my back (slight scoliosis) and blood work (high cholestrol.)

I go for my check up on the 15th. And the orthodontist (no braces, just check-up, as I have an extremely small mouth, and work might have to be done :rolleyes:) and the eye doctor. What a great day that'll be!

Hi all! Didn't check in yet...

Hi Freddy!
I have a small mouth too! :)

No, really, I do. :lookaroun

EDIT: The hygienist has been known to say, when she sees it is me waiting to see her, "Oy, it's you, with the small mouth!" :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom