MJ-Palooza!

maggiegrace1

joanna71985 said:
So is this a day for sharing deep, dark secrets? Well, I have one. I have Aspergers. I don't know all the symptoms, but I do not really like being around people (I like to hang out by myself mostly). I do like going out with people I know however. So I have hard times around strangers. Hopefully this won't be an issue when I start work.

You will be fine.. Just be yourself and everything will go right....:kiss: Also .. remember..it's Disney....where Magic happens and Dreams come true..

Nemo14

Good afternoon! :wave:

i was truly brought to tears reading this last page. Hugs to all of you - and just let it be known that I love all you guys and would no matter what!

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
Good afternoon! :wave:

i was truly brought to tears reading this last page. Hugs to all of you - and just let it be known that I love all you guys and would no matter what!

Thanks Betty!
*passes the tissue box*

Nemo14

maggiegrace1 said:
Well thats good... My hair is soooooo long..past the middle of my back..and its so hot.. but I am afraid to get it cut....
That's how mine was, but I was afraid that if I got it cut I wouldn't be able to tie it back on hot days (That's what happened to me last year). But this girl was terrific!

MSTINKHERBELL01

Uponastar said:
Bonny, Bunny and Samantha (Hi Girlfriend, by the way!)
Thanks for sharing.
You made it so much easier for me to finally do it, too.

Dot!!!! Hi beautiful. I really have missed you. It's funny, I came on here to get an update on all of you and ended up teary eyed...thanks alot:cry: :eek:

barnum42

Uponastar said:
Looks like a day for sharing. . .
Okay here goes. . .
I have a speech disorder. It's called Tremor Disorder. ....QUOTE]
Just being curious here - is this anything like the way a stutter affects people? I used to do shows with a chap who had very strong stutter - took him an age to get a sentence out. But he could learn dialogue and songs and perform them without a skip on stage (though of course he could not improvise).

Could someone with Tremor Disorder do the same?

DisneyBunny

Hey all!

This discussion has just reminded me of one of the good aspects of the internet - it strips everything away, and just leaves your personality and your words. Most of us don't know what anyone looks like, and as a result we're being represented by what you say ( which can be a good or a bad thing in its own right)

Anyways... enough of me being philospohical.

Uponastar

barnum42 said:
Uponastar said:
Looks like a day for sharing. . .
Okay here goes. . .
I have a speech disorder. It's called Tremor Disorder. ....QUOTE]
Just being curious here - is this anything like the way a stutter affects people? I used to do shows with a chap who had very strong stutter - took him an age to get a sentence out. But he could learn dialogue and songs and perform them without a skip on stage (though of course he could not improvise).

Could someone with Tremor Disorder do the same?

Hi Joe!
No, Tremor Disorder is neurological.
I actually saw the tremoring vocal chord, through a scope, displayed on a screen.
Various meds have been tried, with no affect.
The only thing left is Botox injections that would freeze the offending chord.
My neurologist doesn't recommend it because the injections are painful, need to be administered every 6 weeks, are expensive and the freezing could cause choking.
So no dice.
Thanks Joe, for your input.
I appreciate it so much.

barnum42

joanna71985 said:
So is this a day for sharing deep, dark secrets? Well, I have one. I have Aspergers. I don't know all the symptoms, but I do not really like being around people (I like to hang out by myself mostly). I do like going out with people I know however. So I have hard times around strangers. Hopefully this won't be an issue when I start work.
Can't say I have Aspergers, but other than that you just described me up to the age of about 16. I got a Saturday job in retail and things changed. I was having to deal with all sorts of people and learnt a lot doing it. I was not me - I was "the man in the shop", which helped a great deal.

I still enjoy a lot of time on my own (about the only advantage to having a GF I can only see at the weekends) and whilst I can be in a room with a lot of strangers, I'm more comfortable around friends - but that is basic human nature.

The really odd thing is that I know people who in a party will be jumping up and down, showing off and pretty much screaming "look at me" who reel in terror at the thought of joining me on a stage in front of an audience! :lol:

But then, why do I have no problem standing alone on a stage and acting / singing to two thousand people!

We are strange beings indeed! ;)

Uponastar

MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
Dot!!!! Hi beautiful. I really have missed you. It's funny, I came on here to get an update on all of you and ended up teary eyed...thanks alot:cry: :eek:

You never know what you're gonna get when you show up here! :rolleyes:
Great to "see" you, Samantha dear!
Don't be such a stranger!

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
barnum42 said:
Hi Joe!
I actually saw the tremoring vocal chord, through a scope, displayed on a screen.
My neurologist doesn't recommend it because the injections are painful, need to be administered every 6 weeks, are expensive and the freezing could cause choking.
So no dice.
I appreciate it so much.
Dot - that must have been so difficult for you as a teen! I know I've always been overweight and I took a lot of teasing growing up.

barnum42

Uponastar said:
barnum42 said:
Hi Joe!
So no dice.
I appreciate it so much.
Thanks for the reply. Proving an educational day.

As an aside - I ran the spell checker, unsurprisingly "uponastar" is not in its dictionary. The first alternative suggestion is "Monastery's" . Possessive with the apostrophe, rather than plural. Don't know why, but it made me laugh :D

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
Uponastar said:
Dot - that must have been so difficult for you as a teen! I know I've always been overweight and I took a lot of teasing growing up.

So hard.
I was in eighth grade and kids are so mean at that age.
Not to mention my eighth grade teacher was a nun with no compassion whatsoever.
It wasn't fun.
And then high school. . . :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom