Mj 2.0!

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
So are you practicing "Bus driver, move that bus!!" ?

From a safe distance!
Actually I won't be going near there till the crowds die down.
It's pandemonium!
Our local ABC station is doing a good job covering it.
(As is our very own on-site reporter!)
I'll just watch from here!

Nemo14

I'd probably be doing the same thing - not a big fan of crowds!
I'm feeling a little bad for our roving reporter too - I know how my own kids would feel watching something like that and knowing how hard they themselves (and their parents) have worked for what they have.

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
I'm feeling a little bad for our roving reporter too - I know how my own kids would feel watching something like that and knowing how hard they themselves (and their parents) have worked for what they have.

Yeah, it will be difficult for him being smacked in the face with that "monument to excess" on a daily basis.
Not to take anything away from this family because I don't know their story yet. Maybe they are both needy and grateful. More power to them.
But, as I said last night, nothing compares to the feeling of earning what we get!

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Yeah, it will be difficult for him being smacked in the face with that "monument to excess" on a daily basis.
Not to take anything away from this family because I don't know their story yet. Maybe they are both needy and grateful. More power to them.
But, as I said last night, nothing compares to the feeling of earning what we get!
It's a hard leson at 17 though.

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
It's a hard leson at 17 though.

Or 15, as Connor is. :lol:
But yeah.
It's human nature.
Jealousy is non-productive, but who can help it sometime.
It's hard to watch someone be handed the things you want most.

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Or 15, as Connor is. :lol:
But yeah.
It's human nature.
Jealousy is non-productive, but who can help it sometime.
It's hard to watch someone be handed the things you want most.
Actually I was thinking of my daughter when I mentioned that. She was a straight-A student through high school with a perfect score on her verbal SAT and a 780-something in math, while holding 2 jobs through high school. When we were doing college searches for her and scholarship searches, it was really depressing to see how few rewards there were out there for academic excellence. She did eventually make out well, but I know how discouraged she got about it.

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
Actually I was thinking of my daughter when I mentioned that. She was a straight-A student through high school with a perfect score on her verbal SAT and a 780-something in math, while holding 2 jobs through high school. When we were doing college searches for her and scholarship searches, it was really depressing to see how few rewards there were out there for academic excellence. She did eventually make out well, but I know how discouraged she got about it.

Oh I get you.
Congrats to your daughter! (Those scores are amazing!)
My two also worked their way through school.
Definitely harder, but they're better people for it!

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Oh I get you.
Congrats to your daughter! (Those scores are amazing!)
My two also worked their way through school.
Definitely harder, but they're better people for it!
She's always been a hard worker....
her brother, on the other hand,.....

DisneyBunny

Morning all! Looks like I missed some deep conversation last night. :lookaroun

MommytoMJM said:
Oh man, watching old EHMHE's that I had taped, I am on the one with the father dying of Hodgkin's, :cry:

I couldn't watch that one. Too close to home. My Dad died of Hodgkins when I was a kid.

Uponastar said:
I think I'm feeling better today, Betty! :sohappy:
Thanks for asking.
No word on George yet, he's still asleep. :lol:

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Nemo14 said:

When it was time for me to get my scholarhips together for college, I accidently got sent a lot of info for scholarhips for minorities. (Apparently my Polish name sounds African American?? Go figure.) It was a sobering lesson to read the paltry academic requirements that were required for some of them, most of which I could have accomplished by just showing up to class (One I remember required a 2.0 GPA. How easy is that?) But I did end up getting a nice academic scholarship from my college, and made it through somehow. I feel satisfied that I earned my way through college.

And now, on a happy note. Today I'm doing my happy dance. One full month till we leave!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

DisneyBunny

Oh and a big welcome to MaggieGrace1!

I was recently a lurker. Once you get past the initiation period, you'll find that everyone is perfectly nice :lookaroun ... :lol:

:wave:

joanna71985

Morning everyone!:wave: Just waiting for my 11:30 am class. Just wanted to give a heads up that I may not be in tomorrow. The reason is that I have to go to Boston....for an audition!:sohappy: It's for the CP, and I've been waiting for over a month for it. So if you can, could you please send well-wishes my way for tomorrow? I'm soooo nervous, but excited at the same time. So if you can, thanks a lot (and hopfully I'll be able to stop by when I return home. :D

barnum42

DisneyBunny said:
I was recently a lurker. Once you get past the initiation period, you'll find that everyone is perfectly nice :lookaroun
*Whacks Bunny with a large wet fish* :D

See? We only do that to people we care about :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom