Mj 2.0!

Uponastar

Connor002 said:
It's coming as soon as I can get over to Best Buy. :hammer:

I'm sure you can wait that long. :lol:

Connor002 said:
I don't think the two are related. :lookaroun But, I know that.. however much I try not to think about it... college is a lot of money. And... that... will definitely play into the decesion...

Not that you were comparing the two.
But the comparison fits.

As far as college money, don't worry too much.
You do well, so you're bound to be offered something in the way of scholarships.
And there are a lot of grants out there.
Plus student financial aid.
When the time comes, you'll check it all out and find a way to make it work.
Lauren - she went to Temple - is paying back a small student loan now.
Stacey went to Community to get her requirements out of the way, cheaply. She's working full time and going to school at night to finish up. Her degree will be from Temple, with very little student loan debt.
My point is, if you want it, you can get a college education.
You just have to find a way to make it work.
Just don't worry.

Connor002

MommytoMJM said:
Yep! The Amazing Race, House, L&O:SVU, The Unit, Boston Legal...and taping some other stuff...a show on cannibalism, some L&O repeats....

Oh, I can't wait for Conversations with Eisner and then the second season of Deadliest Catch, though I'm not sure which to watch. They're both on at 9.

figmentmom

Connor002 said:
I know I will, but it's a matter of where that is dependent upon such matters...

I didn't mean to lecture, Connor; we're all your biggest fans here! It will work out if you persevere. :kiss:

Connor002

Hm... maybe I should put this another way.

I know my parents would do whatever needed for me not just to go to college, but to go to the college of my choice, the... thing that has me rather annoyed, is that I have and will have to work for it. As for them, they get it for... what? I understand the idea of charity, but... it just seems life should favor those who work for what they gain.

Maybe it's jealousy, but that's how I feel right now.

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
Oh, I can't wait for Conversations with Eisner and then the second season of Deadliest Catch, though I'm not sure which to watch. They're both on at 9.

Oh yeah, I am taping that one too...

figmentmom

Connor002 said:
Maybe it's jealousy, but that's how I feel right now.

...and it will pass, I promise. We all have those feelings. Would you REALLY like to be in their shoes - knowing what you know about them? Money is so transient, and temporary - and doesn't really solve anything in the long run.

I read an old saying somewhere that has gotten me through MANY a bad time in my life, and it went something like this: If all the people of the world each piled their troubles on a table in front of them, and we could choose any pile at all, we would still choose our own.

Uponastar

I guess it comes down to this:
If someone were going to just give us everything we ever wanted with no strings attached, we'd take it. Why not?
But having these things handed to us will never feel as good as having earned them.

Uponastar

figmentmom said:
Wish I could remember exactly where I heard it! It makes sense, though, doesn't it?

Really it does.
We never really know what another person's life is like.
Everyone's experiences and problems are truly their own because we each handle those things in our own way, under our own set of circumstances.

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Completely random... MJ has learned that I can make mickey's out of lotion on her hands...guess what I do several times a day?

figmentmom

"Done" is a relative term around here, unfortunately...DH has decided that there's just one more pipe he'd like to replace in the basement before he declares this project officially over.

I foresee trouble...

Happy birthday a few hours early, Freddy! :kiss:

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Uponastar said:
Really it does.
We never really know what another person's life is like.
Everyone's experiences and problems are truly their own because we each handle those things in our own way, under our own set of circumstances.

This is very true, people look at me and everything that MJ and I have to deal with and are amazed at how I do it.... but to me it is just my normal life... I have never known what it is like to have a *typical* child, so I have no comparison...while there are other things I look at and am sure I could *never* deal with that...

Uponastar

MommytoMJM said:
Completely random... MJ has learned that I can make mickey's out of lotion on her hands...guess what I do several times a day?

Aww!
MJ's gonna have the softest hands in town.
Come to think of it, so will Mommy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom