Mj 2.0!

Connor002

jesserin said:
what is it with all you boys waiting until the last minute to do your homework?

Did you ever do your homework right away? :rolleyes:

Besides, the only thing that required any real thought this time around was an exegesis on the Council of Jerusalem, which I just did in ten minutes.

The only difficult thing was that he said I couldn't go over ten sentences. :brick: :hammer:

Exegesis: Paul’s Account of the Council of Jerusalem

As Paul returns for his missionary journeys to the Gentiles (non-Jews), he reaches Jerusalem, where a makeshift council of Christians has assembled to disscuss the issues brought about by the Judiazers. As Paul and other missionaries for the “the Way,” also know as the early Christian branch of Judaism, Jewish men who favored the idea that all Christians should heed Jewish law would follow behind and attempt to “Judiaze” the Gentile Christians. Due to Paul’s dislike for the Juidazers, he even goes so far as to label them “So-called Christians,” implying that their teaching is morally wrong and should be separated from the Christian name. From here a rift developed in the newfound church: Should Gentile Christians be obligated to follow Jewish law? From here we will follow the Apostle Paul’s account on the proceedings.
Here, Paul appears rather egocentric, in that he often exhibits a confident air of the proceedings; Some would consider this overconfidence, but for Paul his self-assuredness seems a blessing for his cause of converting gentiles to the Way. He confronts Peter and the congregation of the council and proclaims that “…we become right with God, not by doing what the law commands, but by faith in Jesus Christ.” In his view, Jewish law only complicates life to the point that it become a life devoted to law, not a life devoted to God, therefore Gentile Christens should be exempt for the law, and Jewish Christians free to make their own decision regarding the subject. Interestingly, although other accounts imply that Peter was the “hero” of the Council, Paul’s account (as can be expected from his somewhat egocentric personality) clearly shows Peter as a “hypocrite” and Paul the hero. To summarize Paul’s view on the events, we may look to his last statement in the passage: “For no one will ever be saved by obeying the law.”

Booya.

jesserin

Connor002 said:
Did you ever do your homework right away? :rolleyes:

Besides, the only thing that required any real thought this time around was an exegesis on the Council of Jerusalem, which I just did in ten minutes.

The only difficult thing was that he said I couldn't go over ten sentences. :brick: :hammer:

Exegesis: Paul’s Account of the Council of Jerusalem

As Paul returns for his missionary journeys to the Gentiles (non-Jews), he reaches Jerusalem, where a makeshift council of Christians has assembled to disscuss the issues brought about by the Judiazers. As Paul and other missionaries for the “the Way,” also know as the early Christian branch of Judaism, Jewish men who favored the idea that all Christians should heed Jewish law would follow behind and attempt to “Judiaze” the Gentile Christians. Due to Paul’s dislike for the Juidazers, he even goes so far as to label them “So-called Christians,” implying that their teaching is morally wrong and should be separated from the Christian name. From here a rift developed in the newfound church: Should Gentile Christians be obligated to follow Jewish law? From here we will follow the Apostle Paul’s account on the proceedings.
Here, Paul appears rather egocentric, in that he often exhibits a confident air of the proceedings; Some would consider this overconfidence, but for Paul his self-assuredness seems a blessing for his cause of converting gentiles to the Way. He confronts Peter and the congregation of the council and proclaims that “…we become right with God, not by doing what the law commands, but by faith in Jesus Christ.” In his view, Jewish law only complicates life to the point that it become a life devoted to law, not a life devoted to God, therefore Gentile Christens should be exempt for the law, and Jewish Christians free to make their own decision regarding the subject. Interestingly, although other accounts imply that Peter was the “hero” of the Council, Paul’s account (as can be expected from his somewhat egocentric personality) clearly shows Peter as a “hypocrite” and Paul the hero. To summarize Paul’s view on the events, we may look to his last statement in the passage: “For no one will ever be saved by obeying the law.”

Booya.

Did you write that? That's great Connor... are you sure you're only 15? ;)

As usual - you amaze me... great insight - I'm impressed... :)

jesserin

Fantasmic!329 said:
I didn't wait until the last minute. I only waited until the last day. :lookaroun

:lol:

Vote for most male comment of the day goes to Freddy! :rolleyes: :lol:

(and Connor - yes, I usually did do my homework the day they gave it out - I hated putting things off - problem was, I was never sure if a practice would run late or a game go late - or whatever the day before it was due - so I always stayed out of trouble by getting it done early... :)

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Evening all... we're home early... MJ is all dosed up and asleep,I just took my mightime meds, gotta be 100% for tomorrow's festivities...We took it easy today, MJ got to meet the new Power Ranger (Mystic Force), their hand gesture is the same as *I Love You* in sign language :) We got director's seats for LMA :) We love that show. Got to see some characters, did some pin trading. Saw an old friend :) It was a nice day. Tomorrow, Bibidi Bobidi Boutique and MK :)

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
DisneyBunny said:
Good morning all!

Speaking of soup, I've got a huge pot of chicken soup going on the stove, for all who would like some! I hear chicken soup cures all :slurp:

Yum, me, me!!! I'll try Joanna's leftovers too!!!!

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
DisneyBunny said:
I've actually never made homemade soup before. I'm a bit nervous! Perhaps it's a good idea to keep it to myself this first batch - I don't want to poison everyone!

I make homemade everything (just about, my bread maker broke in the last move, so I can't make bread or jelly anymore)

jesserin

MommytoMJM said:
Tomorrow, Bibidi Bobidi Boutique and MK :)

Hey bonny! :) Sounds like you're going to have a fantastic day tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all about it! Hope you guys have a wonderful day! :sohappy: :kiss:

*extra juggles* your way - haven't been able to *juggle* y'all in awhile! :)

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
DisneyBunny said:
Actually the recipe I'm using calls for the noodles to be added last anyways. I guess that makes sense. I'm thinking of using rice sticks for one finished batch, and egg noodles for the other. Maybe by using the sticks, I can convince my DH to give it a try.

Uhhhh, what is a Rice Stick?

dandaman

stE0+GwrvoD-yGlAni26nuqnQJZ6W4ED0300.jpg

Easter tree! Love it! :lol:

Fantasmic!329

jesserin said:
Vote for most male comment of the day goes to Freddy! :rolleyes: :lol:

(and Connor - yes, I usually did do my homework the day they gave it out - I hated putting things off - problem was, I was never sure if a practice would run late or a game go late - or whatever the day before it was due - so I always stayed out of trouble by getting it done early... :)
I am very good about having my homework done on time. Haven't missed an assignment yet this year! :) It's just the weekend that I don't do my homework right away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom