Mj 2.0!

Nemo14

MommytoMJM said:
Morning all Juggles!

Have to catch up...planning on working on MJ's digital scrapbook today I think...

Need to look through my scrapbook supplies too in preperation for my round robin Disney scrapbook
Good morning Bonny! Feeling better?

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
jesserin said:
That makes me feel so good to hear you say that - I do get a little nervous at some points thinking about all the things we will be limited on with her... but I'm just looking at all the amazing times we're going to have with her and hopefully she'll do pretty well while we are there! (to be honest, once we get past the 6 hour drive - touring the parks with an 8 month old should be a breeze!) ;)

It'll be great with her! I will help you in the touring with a baby thing! We can also meet and do kidswap on the biog rides, Andrew and I rarely get to do them, so that would be a treat!

jesserin

Nemo14 said:
My kids always did well with the drive (22 hours!). Keep some toys out that keep her interest, and just keep rotating them in and she'll be fine. As the kids got older, I let them pack their owh little backpack, but I always kept some surprises for them to open as we'd travel.
As far as the parks go, you'll be going at a slower pace, but just take the time to relax and enjoy! Will she sleep in the stroller for you? (I had one who would and one who wouldn't.)

Well, as to the stroller part... yes & no.... we have 2 strollers we're going to take - her deluxe stroller lays flat - but won't sit up at a 90 degree angle - which she needs still, she get really frustrated that she can't sit up for more than a few minutes (I'm hoping that changes over the next 6 weeks and she get's a little stronger) But the real downfall about this stroller is that she can't see me... so when people pop right in front of her with big grins and smiles - if she can't see me - she freaks... seriously, she screams, cries, covers her eyes and won't look at them... but if she can see me, and I'm smiling - then all is well... Well, frankly this could present a problem in WDW...

However, our other stroller is just a metal frame that her carseat attatches to - very light weight and easy to haul around, she faces me and she has no problem sleeping in that one... However... you can't buy rain covers or sun covers for this style of stroller as the canopy sits close to the childs head and there wouldn't be room to breathe... well, being that we're going to FL and rain is inevitable... we have to have a rain cover for the stroller...

so, we're still working on the stroller thing - not sure what we're going to do - I'm thinking that i'll just buy the regular rain cover for the deluxe stroller, use it on the smaller stroller and just take the baby out before covering it and carry her under an umbrella while it's raining - I've got a Hip Hammock now (which is a wonderful invention - I can sit with it - and move around easily - plus it keeps her weight on my hips and off my back - which is what works best for me)

Anyway - complicated answer - I'm working hard to get her used to her bigger stroller so that we don't have to worry about anything - but I have to say that i really enjoy her facing me, I know exactly what she's up to at the moment and she's much more at peace when she can see her mom & dad...

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Hey Jess, we had a peg perego for MJ and the handle of the stroller flipped back and forth so that the baby could face you or face out... it was expensive, but a life saver!

jesserin

Yeah - I've been looking for a less expensive version of that stroller - we could really use it - I'll have to keep looking - I really don't want to spend the money for a stroller that we will only use for a short time (I love our deluxe stroller, as soon as she can handle it that would be wonderful) :) But I might just have to buckle down and make the purchase before we go - It's worth the piece of mind... but I think DH would kill me if I dropped another $300 on a stroller...:rolleyes: :lol:

Nemo14

jesserin said:
Well, as to the stroller part... yes & no.... we have 2 strollers we're going to take - her deluxe stroller lays flat - but won't sit up at a 90 degree angle - which she needs still, she get really frustrated that she can't sit up for more than a few minutes (I'm hoping that changes over the next 6 weeks and she get's a little stronger) But the real downfall about this stroller is that she can't see me... so when people pop right in front of her with big grins and smiles - if she can't see me - she freaks... seriously, she screams, cries, covers her eyes and won't look at them... but if she can see me, and I'm smiling - then all is well... Well, frankly this could present a problem in WDW...

However, our other stroller is just a metal frame that her carseat attatches to - very light weight and easy to haul around, she faces me and she has no problem sleeping in that one... However... you can't buy rain covers or sun covers for this style of stroller as the canopy sits close to the childs head and there wouldn't be room to breathe... well, being that we're going to FL and rain is inevitable... we have to have a rain cover for the stroller...

so, we're still working on the stroller thing - not sure what we're going to do - I'm thinking that i'll just buy the regular rain cover for the deluxe stroller, use it on the smaller stroller and just take the baby out before covering it and carry her under an umbrella while it's raining - I've got a Hip Hammock now (which is a wonderful invention - I can sit with it - and move around easily - plus it keeps her weight on my hips and off my back - which is what works best for me)

Anyway - complicated answer - I'm working hard to get her used to her bigger stroller so that we don't have to worry about anything - but I have to say that i really enjoy her facing me, I know exactly what she's up to at the moment and she's much more at peace when she can see her mom & dad...
I totally understand that. DD always had to face me in the stroller. Fortunately our stroller could face either way, or I'd probably never have got to the mall til she was in school!!!
DS was much easier in that department and could sleep anywhere (still can at 16).
When DD turned 2 she decided that me carrying her around was much more pleasant - my back still aches from that one!

Nemo14

jesserin said:
Yeah - I've been looking for a less expensive version of that stroller - we could really use it - I'll have to keep looking - I really don't want to spend the money for a stroller that we will only use for a short time (I love our deluxe stroller, as soon as she can handle it that would be wonderful) :) But I might just have to buckle down and make the purchase before we go - It's worth the piece of mind... but I think DH would kill me if I dropped another $300 on a stroller...:rolleyes: :lol:
Have you looked into renting one?

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
yeah, MJ had to face me for the longest time...right now with her wheelchair she still likes me right beside her so she can see me. Fortunately since I am in an ECV that is easy to do....

jesserin

Sorry didn't mean to leave on you - I was looking on ebay for a used peg perego - I can get one for under $200 shipped... but that's still more money than I want to spend right now- I'll have to check around and see what I can find... ;)

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
yeah, we never found another brand that had it. That was so frustrating, we did attachment parenting and one of the things we needed to do was have her facing us if she was in the stroller, I looked high and low. You'd think there would be more like that, it seems like a feature most moms would wnat....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom