News Mizner's Lounge to be expanded at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort into a Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge

jmuboy

Making Mizner’s Lounge B&tB themed literally is the dumbest idea I have ever heard Disney do to a bar/restaurant/resort. Definitely will end my going to Mizner’s if it is true. :(

Does not fit the Grand at all theme wise, I as an adult do not want to drink at what I feel is a kids theme, I just want to relax and listen to the band. Also Mizner’s is V&A’s lounge (needed for the AAA Five Diamond Award) so not sure a B&tB theme will fly for AAA.

This is why I stay at the Four Seasons now for classy accommodations. Disney hotels are over priced comfort inns these days.

Bocabear

This is why I stay at the Four Seasons now for classy accommodations. Disney hotels are over priced comfort inns these days.
truer words were never spoken! While the locations and structures are nice, for the price, the linens, bedding and in room amenities leave a bit to be desired....though I will say their bedding and linens has improved over the past few years...I was shock my forst stay at the Grand Flo that the bedding was about the same as Carribbean Beach Resort... I was expecting more for the price... Heavenly Bed at the Dolphin was much nicer.

prberk

The Mizner Lounge isn't really a bar you would go and do shots...thought I suppose you could...
Most old hotels had small reading rooms or libraries for the guests use...and idea which seams foreign to us, but at one time was more common to go find a book to read before bed... The idea of a victorian beach hotel having a library bar works...
I would suspect if there are any characters or anything overtly B&TB it would only be used during the off hours when Mizner's lounge is closed... Or I would hope anyway...lol

Have you ever been to the Williamsburg Inn in Colonial Williamsburg? It is a perfect example of this, and I love it. It has an "East Lounge" down a hallway that is just what you describe, only it is not a library. It is a beautiful "sitting room" with a Steinway grand piano that my brother used to go and play just for the pleasure when he would visit me in college (at William and Mary) and later trips as family. It overlooks the golf course and lawn bowling areas. It has tea and cookies (English "biscuits") in the afternoon. Just a gorgeous serene atmosphere to take in.

And even though it is in Colonial Williamsburg, they did not feel the need to have Thomas Jefferson and John Adams drop in for a debate or even a tea....

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Have you ever been to the Williamsburg Inn in Colonial Williamsburg? It is a perfect example of this, and I love it. It has an "East Lounge" down a hallway that is just what you describe, only it is not a library. It is a beautiful "sitting room" with a Steinway grand piano that my brother used to go and play just for the pleasure when he would visit me in college (at William and Mary) and later trips as family. It overlooks the golf course and lawn bowling areas. It has tea and cookies (English "biscuits) in the afternoon. Just a gorgeous serene atmosphere to take in.

View attachment 359548

And even though it is in Colonial Williamsburg, they did not feel the need to have Thomas Jefferson and John Adams drop in for a debate or even a tea....

Hmm, yes, but what is there to attract kids?

Missing20K

Knight Library is a bar outside UCF.
There's a gastropub in Denver named Public School 303.
Yeah, it’s not like a French Riviera-themed hotel is opening this year or anything.....
No, no, no. French Riviera was far too limiting a concept. They needed it to be European Riviera so they could serve Italian cuisine. ;)
Disney's Riviera Resort is designed to capture the magic of Europe that Walt fell in love with once upon a time.

...[C]elebrate the grandeur of Europe!

Inspired by the cliffside restaurants of Europe, this rooftop dining experience...

You’ll also discover a unique art collection celebrating beloved Disney Characters and icons, influenced by master artists who found inspiration along the European Riviera.

Bocabear

Hmm, yes, but what is there to attract kids?
RE: Mizner's Bar, it's a bar! It is sort of an adult space in a world of kid-centric spaces... Don't you want a space where you can get away from the screaming for just a few minutes? There are plenty of otherspace (the whole hotel) where children are appropriate and encouraged...I just think a cocktail lounge is not one of them...but if they want to open it up during the day when it is usually closed, for a B&TB Tea or meet and greet or whatever, I don't care...

JohnD

Per Tom Bricker regarding the BATB rumors, "Per these rumors, the new Beauty and the Beast bar will consume much of the second floor, with 3 themed rooms. The Library will occupy the space of the existing lounge, with plush couches and a fireplace. Commodore Porter’s will become the main bar, themed to the Ballroom. Finally, the hallway area and outdoor patio will become a forest-like area. "

To say that he isn't thrilled is an understatement.

FullSailDan

The Mizner Lounge isn't really a bar you would go and do shots...thought I suppose you could...
Most old hotels had small reading rooms or libraries for the guests use...and idea which seams foreign to us, but at one time was more common to go find a book to read before bed... The idea of a victorian beach hotel having a library bar works...
I would suspect if there are any characters or anything overtly B&TB it would only be used during the off hours when Mizner's lounge is closed... Or I would hope anyway...lol

Awkwardly a group of us hang out at Mizners every year during gay days before/after playing in the parks. A few of the staff make requests to work that day as tend to tip very well when we do a few shots between crafted martinis.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
RE: Mizner's Bar, it's a bar! It is sort of an adult space in a world of kid-centric spaces... Don't you want a space where you can get away from the screaming for just a few minutes? There are plenty of otherspace (the whole hotel) where children are appropriate and encouraged...I just think a cocktail lounge is not one of them...but if they want to open it up during the day when it is usually closed, for a B&TB Tea or meet and greet or whatever, I don't care...
I was joking.

Bocabear

Awkwardly a group of us hang out at Mizners every year during gay days before/after playing in the parks. A few of the staff make requests to work that day as tend to tip very well when we do a few shots between crafted martinis.
Between Mizner's Bar and Trader Sams our group does the same and yes, we tip very well...and always have a great time with the staff!

Kman101

Per Tom Bricker regarding the BATB rumors, "Per these rumors, the new Beauty and the Beast bar will consume much of the second floor, with 3 themed rooms. The Library will occupy the space of the existing lounge, with plush couches and a fireplace. Commodore Porter’s will become the main bar, themed to the Ballroom. Finally, the hallway area and outdoor patio will become a forest-like area. "

To say that he isn't thrilled is an understatement.

Very few are, it seems. But I'm sure Disney will chug along and go ahead with this.

Nothing says family friendly and more Disney like a Beauty and the Beast themed bar. In the Grand Floridian. How magical ... will they offer the kids mocktails?

It actually comes off as lazy, instead of their own concept they're basing it on something they can recreate. I know there's a desire for that in a themed land but a bar? What's the goal here?

righttrack

I just hope this secret doesn't suddenly become an overcrowded mess. I like getting an Old Fashioned and relaxing a bit in the afternoon while the family is getting in their siesta/pool time.

ToyStoryMiss

Is this going to be completely themed to Beauty and the Beast or just taking some elements? Because if so, (and since it’s based off of the live action movie), I think it would look very nice if they did the latter. I don’t think they’re really “kid-ifying” it all that much.
Just my opinion though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom