News Mizner's Lounge to be expanded at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort into a Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge

imarc

Mizner's already had a problem with underaged kids and teens hanging about because Mom and Dad wanted to get a drink/snack or they were waiting for a dinner reservation next door.

Not to the same level as other restaurants but it's a factor at every Disney bar/lounge.

I was really just hoping that they would add a second room to keep the intimate charm.

Calmdownnow

Doesn't a fall reopening seem really quick too for a makeover of this level?

I'm beginning to think this is a spoof/hoax/April 1st joke that landed a week too early. A 140-seater lounge is double the size of any other resort lounge at Disney (Trade Sam's capacity is 50). The article talks of an external terrace, but Mizners is on the second floor and the nearby balcony (whilst very nice) is only about the size of my living room. Plus, as everyone has said, the theme is totally wrong.

Animaniac93-98

"Don't mind the black hole in the corner."

View attachment 359160

I think I'd prefer a bar based on The Black Hole instead of Beauty and the Beast:

;)

Last edited:

jt04

I'm beginning to think this is a spoof/hoax/April 1st joke that landed a week too early. A 140-seater lounge is double the size of any other resort lounge at Disney (Trade Sam's capacity is 50). The article talks of an external terrace, but Mizners is on the second floor and the nearby balcony (whilst very nice) is only about the size of my living room. Plus, as everyone has said, the theme is totally wrong.

i don't think magic feather would have weighed in if it was an April fools joke but maybe.

lazyboy97o

There is an outdoor seating area next to Commander Porter’s.

MJ6987

I think it will be cool in the end. I also think this is wrong thematically for the Grand Floridian. Especially considering they already have Be Our Guest like 2 minutes away in the Magic Kingdom. I think there are other movies they could have chosen which make more sense for the Grand Floridian that they already touch on, like Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, and Cinderella.
Alice might have been good. There is a coffee shop / cafe in Manchester UK themed to that, which is aimed at adults and that works well (Richmond Tea Rooms)

Mind you, maybe they can pull off something similar with B&TB theme.

Calmdownnow

Didn't that used to be the smoking area?

It seems like years ago, they actually had cigars on the menu at Mizner's.

Yup. one of the nicest smoking areas anywhere on property. I've never seen more than 8 people there at any one time and most haven't been smokers. Great place to enjoy views of the kids having fun in the splash area, views of families taking wedding pics before going to the Chapel, and a place to have really chilled conversations with people taking a 15 minute digestive break from their once in a life-time multi-course meal at V&A. Even if you are a non-smoker, visit the balcony before it goes and enjoy the views -- it's not a smoke-filled lung-busting environment as you might think if you read that it's a smoking location.

christine7257

I’m all for an expansion, especially an outdoor patio... but I’d be thrilled if the theming was a bad joke.

wiredforflight

Making Mizner’s Lounge B&tB themed literally is the dumbest idea I have ever heard Disney do to a bar/restaurant/resort. Definitely will end my going to Mizner’s if it is true. :(

Does not fit the Grand at all theme wise, I as an adult do not want to drink at what I feel is a kids theme, I just want to relax and listen to the band. Also Mizner’s is V&A’s lounge (needed for the AAA Five Diamond Award) so not sure a B&tB theme will fly for AAA.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Making Mizner’s Lounge B&tB themed literally is the dumbest idea I have ever heard Disney do to a bar/restaurant/resort. Definitely will end my going to Mizner’s if it is true. :(

Does not fit the Grand at all theme wise, I as an adult do not want to drink at what I feel is a kids theme, I just want to relax and listen to the band. Also Mizner’s is V&A’s lounge (needed for the AAA Five Diamond Award) so not sure a B&tB theme will fly for AAA.
It's not just dumb, it's strange. It really does feel like a joke.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom