News Mizner's Lounge to be expanded at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort into a Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean, there's no way they would do that, right? People would go berserk.
They should...but they won’t
You would think people would go berserk, I would for sure ... but I felt like Mizner’s was the start of that and I certainly felt like I was part of the minority who were upset about the changes. People seemed to love the idea of a “beauty and the beast” bar no matter how ridiculous it fits (or doesn’t fit at all) into the theme ... which brings me to this ... I used to be mad at Disney for making absolutely indefensible themeing decisions but in reality the majority of the people who go now don’t care enough about themeing or maybe they don’t know what they have had until it’s gone. Case in point is Mizner’s where I saw the overwhelming comments on Facebook, Insta, etc were “yay, Beauty and the Beast bar!!”
Couldn’t agree more.

They simply are not willing to go the extra step for a theme anymore.

Why are all the new hotels (aka timeshare blocks) now “modern” or “subdued”?

Answer: it’s cheaper. The one they built at caribbean is straight up unabashed concrete...don’t even bother to try and diminish that anymore.

The clouds are dark on the horizon if you want anything unique

RobWDW1971

They should...but they won’t

Couldn’t agree more.

They simply are not willing to go the extra step for a theme anymore.

Why are all the new hotels (aka timeshare blocks) now “modern” or “subdued”?

Answer: it’s cheaper. The one they built at caribbean is straight up unabashed concrete...don’t even bother to try and diminish that anymore.

The clouds are dark on the horizon if you want anything unique
Unfortunately, it is the guests who gladly line up to pay top dollar that will ensure this trend continues. I’m to the point where it is hard for me to even blame Disney when I see people throwing money at them for poor quality and effort.

This is a Disney fan board and one would assume this is filled with the most passionate fans about themeing and quality and look at the comments defending to the death the mediocre Riviera or the concept of a Moana water feature in Epcot.

The masses have voted - they don’t care about what made Disney special, just slop the hogs, charge as much as possible, and they will line up for an hour for a popcorn bucket.

It is to weep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom