• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Mizner's Lounge to be expanded at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort into a Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge

Epcot82Guy

It just doesn't say lounge to me at all. Something like The Library, Adam's or even The Rose Room would have felt more aligned to what this is. The Enchanted Rose, if a venue like this, sounds like the tea room downstairs. Nothing in this design says "Enchanted Rose" to me.

The_Jobu

Advertisement
It's very odd.

There's two distinct themes that dont correlate other than they're both "fancy". Would have been so simple to create a luxurious Victorian library lounge.

You confuse me Disney.

Flynnwriter

I’m sorry, but the rendering of this remodel is hideous. Zero taste and has nothing to do with Hotel architecture and story.

Flynnwriter

agree, its way too dark for the Grand Floridian, I dont get what they are doing here, it looks like it belongs in some orlando hotel down the road. Cmon this is Disney World!!! or use to be.
Spot on! This is a continuation of some Disney executive watching HGTV or visiting another hotel and wanting to reproduce “now” at Disney World. Let the erosion continue.

ABQ

Isn't that the same interior shot they showed a while ago? I swear it is. Why are folks surprised today?

AshaNeOmah

"Rabble rabble rabble"

I think it looks nice. Maybe out of place, but the lounge needed an update to attract more guests. I think this will do it.

Sue_Vongello

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again ... Chapek said he listened to us and he’s giving us what we wanted ... clearly we all wanted a redo of a bar (that was amazing already) to be turned into a much larger bar themed around a Disney princess (because all bars should be) and that was out of theme not only with the IP but in design, colors, and aesthetics. We just got what we wanted!

Bocabear

"Rabble rabble rabble"

I think it looks nice. Maybe out of place, but the lounge needed an update to attract more guests. I think this will do it.
The lounge was always packed...it didn't need to attract more guests...It did always feel like an afterthought as far as the decor...That said, this is awful from the name forward... It looks like the property Brothers designed a cocktail lounge for an old building in Seattle...other than them telling you about the tie-ins to the Beauty And The Beast, this design does nothing to reinforce that story... and as someone else pointed out, looks an awful lot like the morbidly gray yacht club lounge... I am sure the same design team....and the same design team that is doing every Marriott hotel in the united states. If it was going to be inspired by Beauty and the Beast they have captured nothing of the story or design... There is no real beauty, it feels dreadfully ordinary with a nice light treatment over the bar.
If they were going to be that sparing on the detail and design I would have preferred them go the other direction and model it after Addison Mizner's work which was the namesake of the original lounge... ho hum and such a shame. People will go because there is no alternative...not because they are excited about the concept and design. boo!

Last edited:

beertiki

We enjoy doing a monorail pub crawl every once in awhile. Mizners always seemed rather blah after having the previous drink at the Tambo. I am glad it's getting a redo, and look forward to trying the sliders.

Top Bottom