News Mizner's Lounge to be expanded at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort into a Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge

AshaNeOmah

"Rabble rabble rabble"

I think it looks nice. Maybe out of place, but the lounge needed an update to attract more guests. I think this will do it.

Sue_Vongello

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again ... Chapek said he listened to us and he’s giving us what we wanted ... clearly we all wanted a redo of a bar (that was amazing already) to be turned into a much larger bar themed around a Disney princess (because all bars should be) and that was out of theme not only with the IP but in design, colors, and aesthetics. We just got what we wanted!

Bocabear

"Rabble rabble rabble"

I think it looks nice. Maybe out of place, but the lounge needed an update to attract more guests. I think this will do it.
The lounge was always packed...it didn't need to attract more guests...It did always feel like an afterthought as far as the decor...That said, this is awful from the name forward... It looks like the property Brothers designed a cocktail lounge for an old building in Seattle...other than them telling you about the tie-ins to the Beauty And The Beast, this design does nothing to reinforce that story... and as someone else pointed out, looks an awful lot like the morbidly gray yacht club lounge... I am sure the same design team....and the same design team that is doing every Marriott hotel in the united states. If it was going to be inspired by Beauty and the Beast they have captured nothing of the story or design... There is no real beauty, it feels dreadfully ordinary with a nice light treatment over the bar.
If they were going to be that sparing on the detail and design I would have preferred them go the other direction and model it after Addison Mizner's work which was the namesake of the original lounge... ho hum and such a shame. People will go because there is no alternative...not because they are excited about the concept and design. boo!

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Ummm....book ladies dad was an inventor. How do u know he didn’t invent time machine and they didn’t have a GRAND ole time in the sunshine state? I’ll answer it for you - you don’t!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Because kids love character photos.

Sure. But nothing about this lounge screams in your face IP. Only an inspiration...that is weirdly placed in the GF. Assuming a M&G doesn't seem to align with the direction of this particular lounge that caters to adults. Seems like quite a leap...unless he was being sarcastic...

rkleinlein

Why would you assume that?
Because it's Disney World where cartoon theming and IP overlays make EVERYTHING better. Right? Who WOULDN'T want an "immersive character experience" with a Disney cartoon in an upscale hotel bar for adults? We need some more Beauty and the Beast theming. Maybe all the waitresses will dress like Belle. Maybe the liquor bottles will break out into song. Fingers crossed.

rkleinlein

You consider this lounge revamp to be cartoon theming and an IP overlay? What concept art that you have seen points to that?
It just logically follows, doesn't it? They need more than just a name. It's a Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge. . . For adults. . . At the Grand Floridian. And on the topic of the Grand Floridian, has anybody heard the rumor that they're changing the name of Victoria and Albert's to Buzz and Woody's?

And yes, I’m joking. But at this point it wouldn’t surprise me.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom