News Mizner's Lounge to be expanded at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort into a Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
As far as I've seen, all bars at Disney Resorts (Trader Sam's after 8pm being the only exception), allow kids inside their premises, is this correct?

There's been a couple of times when we haven't been able to sit down, grab an adult drink and relax after a long day in the parks, because families with small children have taken all tables and stools.
I'm guessing Mizner's Lounge allows children inside too (?)

It would be nice if Disney could recognize the need for a few adult-only spaces.
A bar/lounge is not a place for kids. IMO.
Well, since movie ip is the driver of everything, the new Bella Thorne adult ip can be added to adult areas in the future. Even if Disney isn’t funding that particular project, I’m sure they’ve thought about this. Plus, adulting if you will, can lead to babies, which leads to future customers! Talk about long term planning.

Last edited:

Kkar

[

Quoting this because this is exactly why I liked Mizner's. I wasn't in love with its decor, but it was the perfect little refuge. Instead of ruining Mizner's and inserting nonsensical IP princess crap, they should have given us a speakeasy. A nice hidden entrance that would reveal something like the Crew's Cup lounge.
[/QUOTE]
This is exactly our feeling as well. It was small, out-of-the-way, understated - a perfect little respite from the crowds. We just don't understand the need to take it away and cram some IP in there that just doesn't fit the theme on any level.

lazyboy97o

YES! plus the building is based on a turn of the century grand resort...Mary Poppins is much closer to that time-frame than Beauty and The Beast which is set in the 18th century...
That's a good point. The Mary Poppins touches over at the Villas are tasteful, and don't look out of place. A far more tasteful insertion of IP.
Except that Mary Poppins has nothing to do with Florida. It seems people just excuse it’s inappropriate placement because it’s one of those things Disney fans have decided cannot be questioned.

Bocabear

It doesn't matter that Mary Poppins has something to do with Florida... It is more a question of which IP fits the feel of the resort... Mary Poppins is a much better fit than Belle from 18th Century France. PLUS there is already Poppins and Alice theming in place at the Grand Floridian... Speaking of which, a Wonderland Bar could have been an amazing overlay as well.... But Mary Poppins proper personality better suits.

lazyboy97o

It doesn't matter that Mary Poppins has something to do with Florida... It is more a question of which IP fits the feel of the resort... Mary Poppins is a much better fit than Belle from 18th Century France. PLUS there is already Poppins and Alice theming in place at the Grand Floridian... Speaking of which, a Wonderland Bar could have been an amazing overlay as well.... But Mary Poppins proper personality better suits.
They don’t fit the feel outside of the American idea that English = Fancy.

Beacon Joe

Except that Mary Poppins has nothing to do with Florida. It seems people just excuse it’s inappropriate placement because it’s one of those things Disney fans have decided cannot be questioned.

Oh, I agree. I wish they hadn't inserted Mary Poppins references into the Villa building; however, they did so in a way that didn't clash with the resort's decor. It's surprisingly subtle, considering it's a centerpiece featuring large bronze penguins. Having not watched the film in 3 decades, I actually wouldn't have known it was even Poppins-related, if our DVC salesman hadn't pointed it out.

Epcot82Guy

It just doesn't say lounge to me at all. Something like The Library, Adam's or even The Rose Room would have felt more aligned to what this is. The Enchanted Rose, if a venue like this, sounds like the tea room downstairs. Nothing in this design says "Enchanted Rose" to me.

Flynnwriter

agree, its way too dark for the Grand Floridian, I dont get what they are doing here, it looks like it belongs in some orlando hotel down the road. Cmon this is Disney World!!! or use to be.
Spot on! This is a continuation of some Disney executive watching HGTV or visiting another hotel and wanting to reproduce “now” at Disney World. Let the erosion continue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom