Mission:Space update (confirmed)

Jones14

So just a new film for Green and Orange stays the same with minor adjustments? Why not make a new Orange film then the ride can be fully branded as 'new', would have been much more appealing.
I'm wondering how similar Orange will be to its current self. Will they keep the "this is just a simulation" Schtick or will you *actually* go to Mars?

I'm hoping for the latter, since Green seems like it's shaping up to be a *real* orbit. On the other hand, though, if Green ends where it starts (i.e. In Epcot a la Iron Man), then it would make sense to keep Mars as a training mission so they both end on Earth. @Magic Feather @Lee @marni1971 can any of you weigh in?

awhit066

Was it just me or did they say it's reopening next month? Does anyone have any idea what date, I need something to take the edge off the loss of UoE!

Wondering this as well. I jumped out of my seat a little when they said next month in the presentation!

The post on the home page here says "expected to reopen to guests on August 1" but I'm wondering if that's the old date...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I never thought that Mission: Space would one day become the sole Future World pavilion that most cohesively adheres to the original aim of Epcot Center. The restaurant will certainly be a welcome addition, as it will round out the overall pavilion. However, it is hard to appreciate science fact when science fiction will be found two pavilions down.

I know. Who's the genius that thought Captain Eo or Honey I Shrunk the Audience belonged in a land dedicated to science? We need more attractions like Figment which educate us about hard scientific fact!

Madame Medusa

Why are you in every thread being negative about the changes? change is GOOD! Disney World as an idea was that it always is changing and evolving to fit what is best for today's guests.
I'm defending the big changes (Star Wars, Guardians, Mickey, new transportation, etc) so I don't know what you're talking about.

I just HATE Mission Space with every fiber of my being. The biggest swing and miss in modern Disney park history.

MrConbon

I'm defending the big changes (Star Wars, Guardians, Mickey, new transportation, etc) so I don't know what you're talking about.

I just HATE Mission Space with every fiber of my being. The biggest swing and miss in modern Disney park history.

You're also hating on the addition of the TRON coaster. A new and exciting thrill ride in a land which is sorely lacking these past years.

Madame Medusa

You're also hating on the addition of the TRON coaster. A new and exciting thrill ride in a land which is sorely lacking these past years.
Correct, and I stated my reasons for my hatred.

I wasn't aware I had to blindly support every addition, which no one else seems to be doing either. I still like the majority of the announcements.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
An indoor rollercoaster next to an indoor rollercoaster. This is a colossal expense that could have been better spent elsewhere.

In isolation it's a great plan. In the wider context? Not so clever. Imho.

Madame Medusa

An indoor rollercoaster next to an indoor rollercoaster. This is a colossal expense that could have been better spent elsewhere.

COMPLETELY agreed. Yes its cool in theory, but there's exactly one spot they could put it where it would lose a lot of its luster, and that just so happens to be the spot they chose.

raven

Well, at least "adding" an attraction is better than "replacing" them, which Disney has been doing a lot of in the past several years. I'll welcome additions over replacements any day. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom