Mission:Space update (confirmed)

wdwgreek

This place is hopping the last few days. Between the Gondola's, CBR, Coronado, Epcot updates including the Rat and Uk, now mission space, potentially Inventions, potentially Guardians, Meanwhile at MK Something afoot in both tomorrow land and frontier land all the while Toy story, Star Wars, and Avatar are opening their doors. Really busy times, I have one hope that quality wins out.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Both Splash Mountain and Mission Space are being considered for Guardians of the Galaxy overlays, in addition to Tower of Terror, it's a small world, Space Mountain and Rock n' Rollercoaster. I've also heard whispers that Guardians will make an appearance in Rivers of Light by 2021. Star Tours is also a candidate for Guardians once SWL is constructed. But all of this can only happen if they don't go through with the Guardians of the Galaxy 5th gate.

I've said too much.

Let's not forget the GotG overlay for Victoria and Albert's.

Tom Morrow

Both Splash Mountain and Mission Space are being considered for Guardians of the Galaxy overlays, in addition to Tower of Terror, it's a small world, Space Mountain and Rock n' Rollercoaster. I've also heard whispers that Guardians will make an appearance in Rivers of Light by 2021. Star Tours is also a candidate for Guardians once SWL is constructed. But all of this can only happen if they don't go through with the Guardians of the Galaxy 5th gate.

I've said too much.
They won't need a Guardians of the Galaxy 5th gate when the 2020 rebranding of the resort to Guardians of the Galaxy World is completed.

UpAllNight

I was hoping a Mission Soace update would have happened a year or 2 back so it was ready for my spring trip.

I actually really enjoy the experience. I think it's rather immersive (but then I was scared of the disorientation and listened to their warnings to not move your head, so I got well into it haha)

The updates seemed simple...HD the screens...make the buttons actually do something...maybe a few in house cabin effects & a new movie.

Welcome news, and a lot of potential to improve on what is a solid basis of a thrill ride (for the forgotten crowd at Disney World)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sorry if it's completely obvious, but what is the link between Splash and Misson: Space? Why would one being down have anything to do with the other?
I'm confused myself. All I am getting from this is that something will close so something can be done about something because something else will become something or rather something else.
In the thread about Splash Mountain closing for a lengthy refurb this fall (Aug-Nov) it was mentioned that the refurb was moved up to the fall instead of the usual cold weather time that Splash goes down in January because of another major refurb in early 2018 at MK. I don't think there is a link between Splash and MS since they are in 2 different parks. It was stated that the general rule of thumb is not to have 2 E tickets in the same park down at the same time for major work.

Pick145

The updates seemed simple...HD the screens...make the buttons actually do something...maybe a few in house cabin effects & a new movie.

I believe during the pre-opening testing of the ride, they found out that they couldn't force people to have to use the buttons, because it forced people to not keep their head straight and made people sick.

WDWFanDave

Last I heard, lots of backstage stuff will be moved along Caribbean Way in prep for future projects. Keep in mind that this isn't "just" behind Splash either.
Parade storage back there, correct? (amongst other buildings) Is this related to any expansion pad in that area?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom