Mission Space to be shut down!?

the-reason14

I saw this big guy on M:S who was in the capsule next to us, and he was throwing up like mess. That was the only encounter and hopefully last I will see a person getting sick on the ride.:(

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by the-reason14
I saw this big guy on M:S who was in the capsule next to us, and he was throwing up like mess. That was the only encounter and hopefully last I will see a person getting sick on the ride.:(

Wow :eek: Now that you mention it...where are those motion sickness bags? I couldn't find them when I went on it.

Disney2002

Aren't the bag rather new. Perhaps they weren't there when you were.

I'd laugh if they were called 'air' sickness bags. Feed into that commercial where the little girl asks "Are we still in the building?" Um, honey, looks like were raising a not-to-bright one here!

Bill

Account Suspended
Hey!!! The first time I went on the Living Seas when I was little, I thought I really went under the sea! Only the first time though. LOL

Lennyg512

Originally posted by Testtrack321
________

I'm sorry, but a $100million + attraction WON'T close after less than one year of operation. If anything, it will close for a tone down, but not peremently. That's just ________. I'm sorry, but M:S is also getting added to Tokyo too.
Mission: Space is being put in Tokyo? That's a stupid idea. It should only be exclusive to Epcot.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Lennyg512
Mission: Space is being put in Tokyo? That's a stupid idea. It should only be exclusive to Epcot.

So...Journey to the Center of the Earth, and the 20,000Leagues attraction there should never come to WDW?

(Same with Soarin', and the Indy ride? ;) )

DarkMeasures

How about place one more 10 second speil while on the ride right before launch to keep your head facing forward and back and such like that.

Actually, I bet the problem will be fixed within 5 years.

Originally posted by Lennyg512

Stupid, but inevitable. I think it would be cool though if they created a almost identicle ride experience, but themed it to the old Mission to Mars ride. The attraction itself was pretty lame when you think about it, but I always loved the preshow and still love listening to the narration.

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by GoofyMike29
people have to learn how to either buck up

or read the warning signs

That would mean guests would have to learn how to read. Bear in mind, these people are folks who cant even find the way out underneath the giant "EXIT" sign at Epcot.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
That would mean guests would have to learn how to read. Bear in mind, these people are folks who cant even find the way out underneath the giant "EXIT" sign at Epcot.

We all know that reading is far too much to ask. I mean these people are on vacation and you are expecting them to read? Come on

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by dxwwf3
We all know that reading is far too much to ask. I mean these people are on vacation and you are expecting them to read? Come on

Even the people that can't read should be able to hear the more than ample audio warnings in the queue as they wait...or during both previews if they would freaking pay attention.

Keep in mind, this attraction is designed so that it will never have to close for refurbishment. They paid big bucks to have four centrifuges so that if any changes are necessary, they can close them one at a time to make the changes. Mission: SPACE will remain open every day, regardless ;)

dxwwf3

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Even the people that can't read should be able to hear the more than ample audio warnings in the queue as they wait...or during both previews if they would freaking pay attention.

PAYING ATTENTION! Gosh that's even harder than reading. No way that will happen.

In all seriousness though, anyone that feels like they were not properly warned on M:S needs some serious help. It's basically drilled into your head the moment you enter the attraction.

STGRhost

I think what is most irritating about this whole "situation" is the way the media is...ahem...spinning it (sorry!) There was a small article in our local paper today, in the "other national news" section. the headline read something like "6 People Injured on Ride at Disney Park". I cut the article out, but I misplaced it, so that isn't a direct quote, but it's close enough. The story was about the fact that, since it's opened, 6 people (all over age 50) have been sent to the hospital for minor injuries/sicknesses after riding M:S. SINCE IT OPENED. But the headline made it seem like there had been an accident, or it was an epidemic. Very misleading. I had a bunch of people at work ask me if I heard "what happened" at Disney World. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom