Mission: SPACE testing a "no G Force" version of the experience

Captain Chaos

nicholas said:
They should do this on the yellow centrifuge for all the yellow-bellies. ;) :lol:

Necessary???? Why do these people have to be yellow bellies.. Even in joking... This comment did not need to be made....

Pete C

Ultimately this could have more people go on the attraction, which is the bottom line. With this ride currently not running near capacity, this MAY inject some life into the attraction...depending on how they market it. I think it is a good thing. I don't think people will walk off the no-G version and get right back in line for the "extreme" version. The warnings that prevented them from going on that version in the first place will still be present. They need to make it clear that they are very different physical experiences.

So, what about all the videos in the queue of the ride spinning? If the lines are adjacent to each other, both queues will see the same video. That could be confusing. I'm sure they will figure it out.

Oh, and a big told-you-so to all the people that said WDI was going to sit there and do nothing after the last incident. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Captain Chaos

Yea pete C, but the problem seems to be WDI was planning this even before the last incident... I just think the testing and possible update to M:S is a result of the complaints.. Disney seems to be proactive, a tad late.. but at least it shows they are attempting to do something before it gets worse... I can still see people, however, using this as an argument that Disney knew they made a dangerous ride and are just now trying to fix it....

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
dxer07002 said:
Necessary???? Why do these people have to be yellow bellies.. Even in joking... This comment did not need to be made....

I found it quite appropriate and you need to settle down jumping on people like that.

For all those capacity haters out there it would be 1 ride bay out of 3. Three would remain our favorite little ride, and 1 would be for the gentler folks out there

Captain Chaos

warlord said:
I found it quite appropriate and you need to settle down jumping on people like that.

For all those capacity haters out there it would be 1 ride bay out of 3. Three would remain our favorite little ride, and 1 would be for the gentler folks out there

Ohh ok, I need to settle down???.. Let me get this right, it is OK to call people who may not be up for the thrills and nausia yellow-bellies, but it is not OK for me to ask if that poster felt it necessary to make fun of people???

nicholas

dxer07002 said:
Ohh ok, I need to settle down???.. Let me get this right, it is OK to call people who may not be up for the thrills and nausia yellow-bellies, but it is not OK for me to ask if that poster felt it necessary to make fun of people???
Ok. I change it. Do it to the green centrifuge for the people who get green with nausia.

Happy now?

Geez

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
dxer07002 said:

correct.... you have a problem with that?

Shaman

dxer07002 said:

Yes? :lookaroun :lol:

Besides it was joke. :D :wave:

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Shaman said:
Posts like this, don't help things.

Well it was obviously a little pirate humor since the word yellow-bellies was used. I don't see what the big deal is JEEZ!!

Pete C

Actually, all my arguements for doing something to the ride centered around the ride making people sick...not as much the two deaths. We all knew the ride was not going to be at fault there. However, since hundreds of people had gotten sick on this ride, it seemed like something was...off...about this ride, at least to a lot of people. I figured this was a knee-jerk reaction to the deaths, however if it is due to the number of complaints that is a more justified reason. Either way, they are keeping the original and addressing the needs of people that simply can't take the attraction. I think this is a good solution.

And why should people be concerned about capacity? From what I hear there is never a line for this ride like there is at Test Track and Soarin.

Captain Chaos

warlord said:
correct.... you have a problem with that?

Yes actually I do... I have a problem with calling people names because they cannot handle certain situations, like the intensity of M:S... it is uncalled for to belittle people like that because your "beloved ride" may be getting a tweaking... You can still enjoy it... With the intensity.. And people who cannot deal with the intesne nature can also enjoy it... But, to call them names and make fun of them really uncalled for....

Shaman

Pete C said:
Actually, all my arguements for doing something to the ride centered around the ride making people sick...not as much the two deaths. We all knew the ride was not going to be at fault there. However, since hundreds of people had gotten sick on this ride, it seemed like something was...off...about this ride, at least to a lot of people. I figured this was a knee-jerk reaction to the deaths, however if it is due to the number of complaints that is a more justified reason. Either way, they are keeping the original and addressing the needs of people that simply can't take the attraction. I think this is a good solution.

I think this has less to do with the ride making people sick...and more to do with getting additional people to experience M:S.

Hawk4255

What is not to like? I think this is a great idea.. And as others have said, it opens M:S to more people.... I can see this as a boost to attendance for the ride...

Yeah, it could open it up to more people...but I see it as kind of admitting fault where none is really due..like saying the ride is too intense as it is, when it really isn't, at least IMO. Also, there is going to be even more confusion, and potential delays, like people trying to make up their minds at team dispatch whether to do the extreme or tame versions.

There are a lot of logistics to figure out. I guess they could make the seperate building entrances (currently standby and fp/single) for each version to quell team dispatch area delays, but that elimates either the single riders line or fastpass. If they get rid of single riders, then the FP line will have to make a choice when they get to dispatch, and that can cause more delays in loading. I dunno, just seems to add another layer of confusion, not too mention the confusion that will happen in the recruitment center in people trying to decide which story to experience. I mean, I'm already confused just by reading what I typed. :p

But hey, I could be totally wrong and it could really increase ridership, which would be great. :sohappy:

Captain Chaos

Hawk4255 said:
Yeah, it could open it up to more people...but I see it as kind of admitting fault where none is really due..

That is something I am wondering how people would take.. Woudl people take it as Disney admitting guilt, admitting the ride is too intense? I think by them changing just 1 bay and not the entire attraction kind of takes that notion away a bit...

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I, for one, think this an awesome idea.:sohappy: Regular M:S made me very ill and almost landed me in the hospital so I think having a no g's option is great for those of us who can't do the regular ride. I love the whole concept behind M:S and wish that I could go on it but for me it isn't worth risking my health. I truly hope they decide to go on with this idea and make it a perm. option. Of course it is going to create some confusion initially and require modifications to the que area but I think it would be worth it in the long run. Yay WDW Imagineering!:sohappy:

Hawk4255

I tend to think people would take it that way, but maybe not. We do care much more about it than the general public...in fact a lot would never know that things used to be done any differently.

Off topic: By the way, does your screen name have anthing to do with DX of WWF/E? If so, what do you think of last night's RAW and the continual hints of their reformation? If your name has nothing to do with that...I bet you're confused right now. Geez, I'm pushing a lot of confusion in my posts today.

Testtrack321

This sounds like a great idea, just one big problem.

HOW WILL THEY IMPLEMENT IT USING THE CURRENT QUEUE!?!??!?!

There's no room!

wannab@dis

nicholas said:
They should do this on the yellow centrifuge for all the yellow-bellies. ;) :lol:
:lol:

Hilarious! Of course, depending on the time of day and when I last ate, I may be one of the 'yellow-bellies'. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom