Misnomers and Misconceptions

WDWFREAK53

My mother (who goes to WDW EVERY YEAR) STILL calls the TTA the:

MEDway PeopleMover...

I get sooo ed because not only is she not calling it the current name, but she's not giving PROPS to the Big guy when she messes up the initials!!!

Walter
Elias
Disney

WEDway Peoplemover!

TravisMT81

When I go to the parks solo, of course I sorta listen to people more than I usually would if I was there with friends. Geesh do I hear some doozies, I just cringe. I mean my mom is not a disney nut, she owns Disney vacation Club and all. But she isn;t even as ditzy as these people.

FanofDinsey1981

I do feel quite sorry for those who talk but say nothing. (aka- those who know less about disney...)

I always try to help out if I over hear someone.

Many a-times I have had to explain that "It's tough to be a bug" is not a ride, but is a show.and for kids who don't like bugs, it really is a no-no. there have been a few other times where I have overheard something, usually an arguing couple with kids. I simply say "excuse me, I don't mean to intrude. but I can end your arugement right now (with a ;)) You see.....*put in explination here*"

only once have Igotten a dirty look, and that was from 1/2 of the couple who was wrong.

Let us spread our knowledge, and help out those less fortuante... :):wave:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
I do feel quite sorry for those who talk but say nothing. (aka- those who know less about disney...)

I always try to help out if I over hear someone.

Many a-times I have had to explain that "It's tough to be a bug" is not a ride, but is a show.and for kids who don't like bugs, it really is a no-no. there have been a few other times where I have overheard something, usually an arguing couple with kids. I simply say "excuse me, I don't mean to intrude. but I can end your arugement right now (with a ;)) You see.....*put in explination here*"

only once have Igotten a dirty look, and that was from 1/2 of the couple who was wrong.

Let us spread our knowledge, and help out those less fortuante... :):wave:

I wish you could've been around when my girlfriend was kicking me telling me to NOT say anything and to "let them figure it out on their own"

Terp02

Originally posted by SW-FL
My fav. mix up of all time was during a character meet n greet, watching this woman tell her kid "look there's Doc (from Snow White) in his bedtime clothes", when in reality it was Mr. Sneed (from Peter Pan) . :)

HIS NAME IS SMEE!!!!! MISTER SMEE!!!! Not Sneed. Sorry, I just had to say it since you were correcting someones mistake.

And I guess that people don't understand that the Dwarves have beards, except for Dopey because, he's uhh well he's "special".:lol:

I also love how a lot of places think that WDW means the MK. This a fake quote that I'm assembling from people telling me similar things: "Yea we went to Orlando and visited Disney World, Epcot, and MGM Studios." Man I hate it when people say something like that.

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by Terp02

I also love how a lot of places think that WDW means the MK. This a fake quote that I'm assembling from people telling me similar things: "Yea we went to Orlando and visited Disney World, Epcot, and MGM Studios." Man I hate it when people say something like that.

That's because, and I've been guilty of this myself, up until EPCOT opened in 1982, Magic Kingdom was all there was theme park-wise in the resort. Having grown up in the region I can see where this would be a common mistake.

Lord Alfred

I went to the parks a couple years back with some family members. For some reason, my aunt kept referring to Fantasmic! as FanGasmic. .:lookaroun

I don't know WHERE that came from. I thought she was just kidding around until I corrected her. This is a woman in her forties, BTW.

SW-FL

Account Suspended
Ooops, the letter N was a typo but the letter D wasn't so I still was wrong and now stand corrected:lol: :veryconfu

DisneyKrazed

When ever I'm on a line or just walking around the park I always here stupid things and I just want to start "correcting" them (other wise yell at them for being stupid :animwink: ). I just es me off when people who don't know anything tell people who know less them them incorrect information and then sound like they are so smart. Damn that gets me mad! :fork:

Erika

Originally posted by SW-FL
My fav. mix up of all time was during a character meet n greet, watching this woman tell her kid "look there's Doc (from Snow White) in his bedtime clothes", when in reality it was Mr. Sneed (from Peter Pan) . :)

LOL! Are you talking about Smee? I think Sneed comes from Dr Suess.

My dad thought he was Gepetto, so I guess he's not as well known as some of the others! :lol:

sillyspook13

Originally posted by RobFL
4. "When is the 3 o'clock parade?" - At 4:15 of course! Why do Cast Memebrs STILL (year after year) get asked this question?
This is actually a legit question. (A fellow cast member explained in detail one day.) The parade can only start at ONE END of the route at 3:00. The average Disney parade takes about 25 minutes to reach the opposite end of it's route. For example, the Share a Dream Come True parade starts in Frontierland at 3. By the time it has gone through Frontierland, Liberty Square, and up Main Street, including the stops, it may be 3:30.

Guests don't always realize it when they are on one end of the parade route. "3:00 parade" can be used simply as an abbreviated form of the parade's name. Instead of "What time does Disney's Stars and Motorcars Parade reach this point?" they simply ask "What time is the 3:00 parade?"

Then again, some people ask this question for the sheer purpose of amusing themselves.:p

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Starlet
The amount of times wdw has been refered to as disneyland in florida.

YES! i get that CONSTENTLY! my friends know how nuts about DIsney i am, so anytime they see something about it, for some reason they just HAVE to tell me....here's what a conversation COULD look like between me and a non-Disney saavy friend...
friend...'oh Amy, i saw Disneyland on tv last night' (or whatever)
me...'wait...Disneyland or Disney World?'
friend...'what's the difference?' *me...:brick: *
me...'well...Disney WORLD is where I go...in Florida. DisneyLAND is the first park Walt built, has less parks than Disney World, and is in California.'
friend...'oh....anyway, i saw it on tv last night....'
me...*SIGH* :rolleyes:

i really hate converations like that! lol

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Walter
Elias
Disney

WEDway Peoplemover!

i feel like SUCH an idiot!! :hammer: i NEVER knew what WED stood for!! God, 10 years of being a fan of that ride, and i NEVER knew it was Walt's initials!!! i'm going to go crawl in a hole, now :eek: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom