Mirror Mirror On the Castle.....

KumbaRider

Hmmm....looks big.....I think I'll like it though
I didn't know it consists of rotating panels....I was expecting a televised screen similar to the globe on Illuminations....not as elaborate of course, but it would've been cool to coordinate it with Wishes and have it interact during the villains scene.

CtCF

The gold before this was much more intricate looking and COMPLIMENTED the castle so well. This thing looks like its just floating there making the castle look smaller. If this thing was more intricate I think it wouldve looked better. This thing looks to me like one step over the line. Granted I haven't seen it in person, but from what I see, I hope that they take the mirror down after the 50th along with the characters, but keep the other gold on...

Jekyll Baker

Thanx, the pix are great. I have to agree on a couple things from a few others: the gold filigree looks really nice, but the mirror is too big. Just compared to the artist's rendering, it is a fair bit larger and seems to stick out too far. I also thought that they would have made it like a large LCD screen instead of the rotating panel. Would've been cool - oh well.

kal1484

Original Poster
The pictures don't even closely show how great the castle looks.

It isn't as big as it looks in person, if that makes sense... :cool:

MicBat

It's very... um... BIG! I want to say TOO big! From what I was told, it will change like one of those changing bilboards. Thanks for the pics, Kelly!!! :wave:

Brooke

I'm going tomorrow so I guess I'll wait to make my judgement until then. But it looks sorta...weird. I guess I just need to get used to it!

1stStarIC2nite

Thanks for the pics! Excellent job. However... am I the only one who doesn't like the mirror? As of now.. I'd prefer the "golden castle" without it. Hmm.. I guess I'll see how it ends up I guess.. :veryconfu

stitch131313

I like it. I do wish it was lower. The concept art showded it in a lower position. I'm guessing the they raised it to so they could use the balcony with the new show. It does look a little weird to have a lone circular object amoung all the pointy things on the castle. I will be just like everyone else, I'll wait until I see it.

askmike1

stitch131313 said:
I like it. I do wish it was lower. The concept art showded it in a lower position. I'm guessing the they raised it to so they could use the balcony with the new show. It does look a little weird to have a lone circular object amoung all the pointy things on the castle. I will be just like everyone else, I'll wait until I see it.
If anything, I'd say it was lower than the concept art. The art showed it lower and a lot smaller. In the art, nothing covered the balcony and you could still see the top of the turret it's on. I think the reason why it is so much bigger is that the concept art didn't have that blue part around the picture.

-Michael

General Grizz

Very funny how the entire Castle redesign is REALLY getting mixed reviews. Goes to show the potential differences in concept art and final product...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom