Mirror is gone, castle painting has started (pics)

Montu

Hey,

The mirror was an act of genius to show and unite the other 4 castles from around the globe.

:wave:

An act of genius? Are you kidding?

The mirror was an act of budget cuts. Perhaps you don't know, or perhaps you've quickly forgotten, but original plans called for the mirror to be a very large LCD screen that would actually make the transformation between castles look classy and seemless.

Instead what we got was a frickin' rotating billboard from I-Drive. If that's genius, well then every street corner on I-drive is equally as brilliant.

MellBelle2

The mirror was an act of budget cuts. Perhaps you don't know, or perhaps you've quickly forgotten, but original plans called for the mirror to be a very large LCD screen that would actually make the transformation between castles look classy and seemless.

Instead what we got was a frickin' rotating billboard from I-Drive. If that's genius, well then every street corner on I-drive is equally as brilliant.

I think that they might mean artistic genius...I think that the rotation actually added to the Old world style of Main Street, with a it's a small world-esque feel...I dk I just see it as an old-fashioned kind of look to go with the portrait feel of the castles...I LOVED IT! lol!

hokielutz

Just in case you didn't know what the 25th castle looked like it is pictured here. :dazzle:

pink_castle.jpg

Just a quck question... I see a zip line attached to the top tower in this pic from earlier in this thread. Was tink flying down the wire during the Pepto Castle era also? It seems kinda wierd that a pixie would come out of the top of a cake.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
There is a difference. The mirror was clearly only for the 50th Celebration, the wand could and has been changed to be relevant for a longer period of time. We may not like the wand, but some people do. The mirror would look a little silly at any time other than the HCoE.

Im sorry but I strongly disagree with you.

The wand was, at the time, clearly only for the Millenium Celebration and it was changed for a longer period of time.

The Mirror is the same thing, it could just as easily have been changed to reflect the 4 WDW parks or perhaps different Disney charecters like Stitch, Cinderella, etc. Like I said, alot of the people in the media assumed it was going to be permanent considering it was drawn in various caricatures of the Castle when the Pixar buyout was all over the news. And im sure there are many people out there that liked the mirror on the castle just like they like that ugly wand on the epcot ball.

The mirror, the wand, the hat, and the stupid birthday cake castle are all in the same catagory of tacky stupidity.

I remember seeing old film footage of Walt Disney refering to EPCOT as CITY not COMMUNITY of tommorow. Which is actually correct?

Yes, I've seen that clip as well, but the more used version is Community. Both are correct, but Community just sounds better. At least, it does in my opinion :)

BwanaBob

Now if they would just bring back the trees into the hub... with all those pretty twinkling lights... I'd truly be home again!

...Alas... it will never happen.

:(

-SIR-

I thought someone said we got the flip mirror because the bright florida sun would make the LCD mirror not show up for much of the day... I remember hearing that they were testing a screen but it diddnt work. Reguardless of how much it costs it was still a very classy overlay and looks much better than inflated candy that we got for the 25th or the billboard over spaceship earth.

peter11435

While I agree LCD would have been far better, we have no official information that they ever planned to use an LCD screen.

iheartdisney91

i thought they were going t do this at night!?! imagine going to disney and seeing a crane next to the castle? oh wait i did and it was aweful!!!:lookaroun

Disneyfan1981

I like the new blue, but I wonder...if HCOE is officially over and a next celebration is set to start if there are further plans for the castle itself....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom