Mirror is gone, castle painting has started (pics)

CTXRover

Original Poster
The mirror on the castle is gone, but the brackets are still there. Painting has started on the upper turrets with what looks to be a much darker and glossier blue than before. Definetely much darker since it faded, but from the pics it looks even darker then right after the last rehab. Very sharp. Apparently painting is going on during park hours though, which is a bit surprising.

To give credit where credit is due, the following link is from "Safetymom" on the Disboards. This link within her Epson photo album shows off the recent changes/refurb: http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1770063&a=32306551&f=0

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
Oh Thank God the mirror is down. I was so scared that it would stay like the wand at epcot and the hat at MGM. Especially considering the press began drawing the mirror as part of Cinderellas castle as if it was always there!

I bet if Eisner was still in charge he would have had them leave the mirror on.

Main Street USA

Oh man, is that a sight for sore eyes. Now that's the castle I know and love! That glossy darker blue looks amazing, as well. I can't wait to see it completed.

Stitch_Kingdom

Wow they don't mess about do they?! They've done this very quickly, has the HCoE finished officially yet and when does the next one start? (if not already, i apologise in advance for my stupidity!)

CTXRover

Original Poster
Wow they don't mess about do they?! They've done this very quickly, has the HCoE finished officially yet and when does the next one start? (if not already, i apologise in advance for my stupidity!)

Initially, the HCOE was to run for 18 months, which would have put the end of the celebration at the end of October. Apparently they decided it was time to move and things on both coasts started to disapper at the beginning of September, technically 2 months early.

Officially, The Year of a Million Dreams starts October 1st. Apparently they are trying to have everything about the HCOE gone by then.

col

i think they should of left the characters around the towers on -i really liked them, as for the mirror i wasnt fussed whether it stayed or went but i did like the spirals of the characters.
whats going on with the cinderellabration stage?
will it stay for the next show?

jesserin

yay! :) I'm glad the castle is coming back to her old self... it just didn't seem the same with the mirror... now it's back to looking like something from a fairy tale and not a tacky yard ornament... lol :)

kcnole

This is the best news I've heard all day, and that new blue looks great. That's one of my favorite shades of blue. I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm so glad that the mirror is gone, now if someone can just accidentally drive that crain by two more parks and accidentally take down the wand and the hat I'll be a very happy man.

CoffeeJedi

Its amazing how much that mirror really threw off the forced perspective of the castle. It wasn't as obvious from directly head-on, but from the side, it actually made the castle look like its true 197 foot height (as opposed to the percieved 500~ish ft height). It was kind of a cool idea for a year, but i'm glad things are going back to normal.

LilRoo714

Initially, the HCOE was to run for 18 months, which would have put the end of the celebration at the end of October. Apparently they decided it was time to move and things on both coasts started to disapper at the beginning of September, technically 2 months early.

Officially, The Year of a Million Dreams starts October 1st. Apparently they are trying to have everything about the HCOE gone by then.

They sure are efficient! Thanks for the link to the pics. :wave:

Any chance that paints only glossy cause it's wet? :lookaroun I don't want the bright sun to glare off a super shiny castle...

Craig & Lisa

Now that I look at it without all the decorations, it looks so much different. I will miss the golden deco's though. But that mirror....... I will not miss. But even with all of them on it still looked better than the 25th B-day celebration. :p :animwink:

Horizons1

Wow, thats a sight for sore eyes. Glad to have the junk down and the castle back to the way it should be. :sohappy: :sohappy:

WeLuvDisney

What really stinks is that people (like me) who love to visit MK like to take beautiful picture perfect shots of the castle. Now we have to take pictures with that stupid crane in it? That stinks. Hopefully that will be gone by October! I will be really disappointed.

brich

Now the only question is how much will the mirror go for on eBay once mouse surplus gets it ;)

It's not going to mouse surplus...I heard it was going to Epcot. Ya, opposite the wand on SSE... :lookaroun

Ohhh that wasn't even funny...my bad... :slurp:

CelticRose

Hurray, it is going to look great with a fresh coat of paint. I too liked Tink flying around the turrets, she should have been left on....just a little more to add to the magic that already exists:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom