mine ride for BIG PEOPLE..

neoian

I'm 6'0" and 290. My biggest issue with this ride is the padding on the restraints (as seen below) makes my legs push together too hard and makes for quite a painful ride. I rode during the Rock Your Disney Side party and I could not imagine being stuck on the ride so I'll probably have to pass on riding until I lose some more weight.

wp3xsIL.jpg

The only other issue I've had at the parks is that my thighs are too long for Splash Mountain and I have to shift my body to the side to get the restraint down.

disney4life2008

oh great, i am 6-6 LOL

hope i can still ride

If it is a height issue - then I am not sure. I saw they had NBA players open it today they are usually 6'5 and up so if they rode there should not be an issue. If it just a regular lap individual lap bar like EE or BTMR then I am fine. But I keep reading contrary reports.

Chicagoshannon2

We rode it today. It was a very tight fit. It's almost impossible to have a bag by your feet and fit the bar. The cars are quite a bit narrower than BTMRR.

tamotu99

im 6 foot 5, but i put up with a 9 hour lfight with my knee sticking into the metal tray table support to get to Disney, i will put up with some discomfort to ride the rides, BUT this is a brand new design, the worlds population is getting taller as well as bigger, shaving a few more inches of fake wood between each seat would surely have been possible

I find EE one of the best seated coaster in terms of legroom, lap bar comfort, width etc, surely they could have come up with something similar here, with obvuiously a few changes to make it more child friendly and have a lower ride height limit

tamotu99

I notice they are sat in the front seat of each car, though i am guessing who they are, which tends to have more room (especially on RNRC), wonder if they would have fit in the rear seats

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I notice they are sat in the front seat of each car, though i am guessing who they are, which tends to have more room (especially on RNRC), wonder if they would have fit in the rear seats
You guessed the wrong people. Tobias is in the back seat of the first car. Victor is the guy in the front seat of the first car.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I am confused- this is a new ride with the latest technology. Why on earth is there not a place to store bags on board? I am not understanding the construction of this ride. For something that has been built for 50 years I would think this ride would be state of the art (seating wise)

I am confused- this is a new ride with the latest technology. Why on earth is there not a place to store bags on board? I am not understanding the construction of this ride. For something that has been built for 50 years I would think this ride would be state of the art (seating wise)

The ride is pretty tame compared to BTMRR & Space Mountain, so I guess they felt a stow bag wasn't needed. I just put my backpack at my feet - it hardly moved.

Rob562

Weird, but Josh from Easy-wdw posted on twitter a picture of himself and a stranger on the mine train to show how cramped it is and how your legs must fit in the safety bar.
Bov-fr8IgAEaqYQ.jpg

Hmmm... I wonder if we'll see a lapbar redesign like Space Mountain did. When they first introduced the single-seat rockets with lapbars (replacing the in-line seating with a seatbelt for two people), they had a U-shaped lapbar that was rather restrictive. Eventually they were refitted with the T-bars we have on the trains today.

-Rob

disney4life2008

Hmmm... I wonder if we'll see a lapbar redesign like Space Mountain did. When they first introduced the single-seat rockets with lapbars (replacing the in-line seating with a seatbelt for two people), they had a U-shaped lapbar that was rather restrictive. Eventually they were refitted with the T-bars we have on the trains today.

-Rob

that does look very tight. i am big and when i sit down i expand i dont think the bar will go over my legs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom