Mine Ride Construction Update

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone remember the date this specific project officially started? I feel like it's been forever. I'm so happy to see it finally coming together! I'm in love with it all so far!

However, if the mine isn't covered with beautiful diamonds I'll be upset

it's hard to be specific but based on aerial pictures it appears that construction on the Mine Ride started in September of 2011 probably late in September.

CrescentLake

Found that on Youtube just now. Shows two workers riding the trains, one in front and one in back. It also shows the train slow down when it hits the cottage scene area. So maybe it'll slow down there to catch a good view of the show scene. :)

Great video! I hate the mesh, but towards the end you can see how needed it is. Overall the ride looks absolutely beautiful, and while not an E-ticket, a lot of fun!

cw1982

Great video! I hate the mesh, but towards the end you can see how needed it is. Overall the ride looks absolutely beautiful, and while not an E-ticket, a lot of fun!

Ok... I've seen the term E-ticket being used to reference rides all over the place, and I know this sounds silly but I can't figure out what that means lol. Anyone willing to exlain? :confused:

Not trying to change the subject, just figured I'd be more likely to get a clear answer where I can easily point to the context of the term. Thanks!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does anyone remember the date this specific project officially started? I feel like it's been forever. I'm so happy to see it finally coming together! I'm in love with it all so far!

However, if the mine isn't covered with beautiful diamonds I'll be upset
Middle of August 2011.

CrescentLake

Ok... I've seen the term E-ticket being used to reference rides all over the place, and I know this sounds silly but I can't figure out what that means lol. Anyone willing to exlain? :confused:

Not trying to change the subject, just figured I'd be more likely to get a clear answer where I can easily point to the context of the term. Thanks!

Sure! Way back in the day, tickets were used for rides. Bigger, more popular rides were assigned an "E" ticket, and less popular rides would get a "D" and so on, all the way until "A." Nowadays, since that ticket system is no longer in use, E-Ticket basically just refers to a groundbreaking, long, immersive/impressive ride. Hope that helps!

cw1982

Sure! Way back in the day, tickets were used for rides. Bigger, more popular rides were assigned an "E" ticket, and less popular rides would get a "D" and so on, all the way until "A." Nowadays, since that ticket system is no longer in use, E-Ticket basically just refers to a groundbreaking, long, immersive/impressive ride. Hope that helps!

Makes perfect sense LOL. I just kept thinking, "but isn't every ticket an E-ticket (as in, electronic ticket), thus making every ride that I used that ticket for an E-ticket ride?!" LOL... a little background knowledge and now it's perfectly logical.

Thanks! :)

startraveler

Have a question. not sure if anyone knows or can say. In watching the cars in the video it doesn't look like there is a car that has an opening for an easy transfer from a wheelchair. Trying not to get my hopes up for being able to ride this ride, but can't help asking incase somebody knows.
Thanking you in advance.

LithiumBill

Have a question. not sure if anyone knows or can say. In watching the cars in the video it doesn't look like there is a car that has an opening for an easy transfer from a wheelchair. Trying not to get my hopes up for being able to ride this ride, but can't help asking incase somebody knows.
Thanking you in advance.
I am fairly certain, I read that there was a Easy transfer car... I would be shocked if there wasn't.

Jakester

Thanking you in advance.
As a current CM. I would be EXTREMELY SHOCKED if there is not atleast 1 handicap car or 1 handicap row. Disney could (and probably would) get fined for not having one.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
13820383694_96c8321b0a_z.jpg

[/QUOTE]

MDE was down and he had to cancel his ADR for Tepan Edo. Or he was just copying me, see below

20140125_184118.jpg

I was calling calling George K's office to voice my complaints of TT 2.0

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Found that on Youtube just now. Shows two workers riding the trains, one in front and one in back. It also shows the train slow down when it hits the cottage scene area. So maybe it'll slow down there to catch a good view of the show scene. :)

You can def hear the "Hi-Ho" song in the background, whistling and all. I bet the Dwarfs are singing and whistling that in the interior show scene.

kap91

Just want to point out that while in general your definition is 100% right around here there is great debate over what exactly constitutes an e-ticket. Some use only the ground-breaking-ness, some only the scale, some the anticipated popularity, some the theoretical ticket the ride would actually receive if the system were still in place, some all of the above. It's a hot button issue when new rides are controversial or when comparing coast to coast or past to present.

For example while in general pirates is an e-ticket, and was priced as such, some themed entertainment purists will insist that the California version is an e and the WDW version is definitely not. It's also worth noting that an attractions standing is not set in stone. Rides like dinosaur, which almost certainly would have been classed as an e in the first few years of AK being open now does not have that consensus (even if all the effects were working).

So yes the term is thrown around a lot and has a general meaning but be aware usage may vary depending on member and their opinions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom